Ideas for devs to give the fans some content before Beta launch

+
Ideas for devs to give the fans some content before Beta launch

As we all eagerly waiting for the the release of the Gwent: TWCG beta, it is still more than two month away. I wish the devs could provide some content to us fans to keep the hype going. Here are some ideas:

• Card Reveals: Reveal a new card on PlayGwent's website every 2-3 days
  • Weekly Stream: Stream a few games between devs on Twitch or Youtube

I understand the devs are very busy getting the game ready for beta, and it might not be possible for the devs to do this. But I think it will be good for Gwent if we can have some regular contents about the game will generate more interests to existing fans and new fans of Gwent.

What does the community think? Any other similar ideas?

Last edited:
Yeah these are some really good ideas .. but the first one is already outdone by GwentDB considering thwt CDPR will give us new cards through that site and there we have a great deck builder.

I am pretty sure the marketing department will kick things off after the first wave of beta invites is sent out.

It's not that long of a wait

The wait is real Marcin, so I decided to buy Blood and Wine to finish all Witcher 3 content. Hoped I could drag it out for a few weeks. Was so good I finished every quest and marker in 3 days play, couldn't stop playing. Blood and wine was amazing but i'm now even more hyped for Gwent to release.

It's not that long of a wait plus we have already planned some things before the closed beta launches. :)

Not sure if you are the right person for "Marketing"-related things, but if you DO plan to stream Gwent or any other game in the future, could you do that on your cdpr Twitch channel? I have never seen the channel in use and I remember a few streams before the release of TW3 and HoS on the channel of twitch.tv/gogcom , but it seems like many people (back then) didn't understood that it was a quite "official" stream, because not all people know that gog and cdpr are from the cdp group, so not that many people watched the streams (espacialy for the HoS gameplay) :D

Last edited:
Not sure if you are the right person for "Marketing"-related things, but if you DO plan to stream Gwent or any other game in the future, could you do that on your cdpr Twitch channel? I have never seen the channel in use and I remember a few streams before the release of TW3 and HoS on the channel of twitch.tv/gogcom , but it seems like many people (back then) didn't understood that it was a quite "official" stream, because not all people know that gog and cdpr are from the cdp group, so not that many people watched the streams (espacialy for the HoS gameplay) :D

We have plans to utilize CD PROJEKT RED's twitch channel in the future by showing Gwent content on it. Rest assured, the time will come.:)

I have a small suggestion. Please change Eithne's leader ability for the sake of lore consistency : )

Her current ability is : Transform all loyal cards with swap into Dol Blathanna Archers.

I think it should be : Transform all loyal cards with swap into Dryad/Brokilon Archers.

The idea is no doubt that you are about to be ambushed by dryads who serve Eithne when you enter the Brokilon forest so why use Dol Blathanna Archers?

I have a small suggestion. Please change Eithne's leader ability for the sake of lore consistency : )

Her current ability is : Transform all loyal cards with swap into Dol Blathanna Archers.

I think it should be : Transform all loyal cards with swap into Dryad/Brokilon Archers.

The idea is no doubt that you are about to be ambushed by dryads who serve Eithne when you enter the Brokilon forest so why use Dol Blathanna Archers?

That's exactly what came to my mind when I saw her ability I mean the card art symbolizes her turning loyal cards into dryads and Dol blathana archers should be associated with Francisca Findaber .. but I forgot about it because Eredin's ability was more of a shock to me since the inclusion of the wild hunt in monster deck and how useless it is for the hunt's other card

Last edited:
Come on, give us some new cards or Triss stays sad.:sadtriss:

C'mon cdpr .. make anyone sad but Triss the loveliest fictional character

We really need more info though so we can help with constructive criticism (and of course to pass the time waiting for the beta)

I'm really starving to hear more about this game, even if it's just tiny tid-bits for us to speculate about. I am surprised there is already so much talk and activity around this game, relatively speaking, but right now we're all running on fumes. Some new card releases, or even better a stream soon would do wonders!

I'm really starving to hear more about this game, even if it's just tiny tid-bits for us to speculate about. I am surprised there is already so much talk and activity around this game, relatively speaking, but right now we're all running on fumes. Some new card releases, or even better a stream soon would do wonders!

Beta is just around the corner. o-O

It's just two months. Cyber Punk was announced 2 years ago and since then there was nothing. So I think this amount of information is OK. I don't like to over hype games. Sure I know CDPR games are going to be good but the hype can ruin too much.
When I was young I've chosen video games because they had awesome advertisement or a nice cover or I heard a bit about them. But nowadays you get that much information that there isn't any surprise when playing games the first time.

It's just two months. Cyber Punk was announced 2 years ago and since then there was nothing. So I think this amount of information is OK. I don't like to over hype games. Sure I know CDPR games are going to be good but the hype can ruin too much.
When I was young I've chosen video games because they had awesome advertisement or a nice cover or I heard a bit about them. But nowadays you get that much information that there isn't any surprise when playing games the first time.

What you said is true for Single Player games, but Gwent: TWCG is Multiplayer focused. If the game is all about "surprises" then most people would quit the game very soon, long before end of Closed Beta.

Top Bottom