Ideas for Witcher franchise

+
Hi CD Project!

I've been playing your Witcher series games since the very beginning, enjoyed it a lot (enjoyed the next one more than the previous) and now the time when I can't hold my valuable opinion anymore is came.

On some interview it was mentioned that you might not want to use the same Witcher 3 engine to tell a new similar story. As a fan I say that I would like to see the next game or story on Witcher 3 engine and I'm pretty sure that I will like it a lot and I'm also sure that there are huge numbers of fans who think likewise.

Nevertheless, I also would like to share some ideas that come to my mind (although I can't guarantee that you haven't consider them already):

- "Ofir adventures" - an adventure of the witcher in the lands of Ofir and Zerrikania, new plot, new schemes, new enemies, new challenges, new weapon (there are not much curved steel swords in game and no curved silver, like the moonblade in Witcher 1). Together with a totally new area it is still possible to introduce few old characters ...

- "Higher vampires" - Wine and Blood have shown that a single Higher vampire is the threat for a city, maybe even for a small country and even a powerful mage might not been able to destroy one. Is it wise to live in illusion that higher vampire terror will never happen again and there will always be a strong wither or mage to stop him and another friendly vampire to destroy? And to hope that you would never meet the vampire Elder...

It could be the story that start with some old vampire returning from the grave and starting to hunt again. The Main Character may discover that this vampire was already slayed few times (maybe Vesemir did it once too in his early days) but become stronger and stronger with the time. And it is time for witchers, mages, alchemists to create an ultimate weapon against vampires that can really stop them. Dimeritium swords and armor, burn-to-ashes oils, be-stronger-and-faster-than-vampire-elder elixirs - you name it.

- "Another witcher" - Geralt is the most famous witcher, but not the only one. Eskel or Lambert can have their own adventures and own friends (Lambert might be accompanied by Keyra Metz). All witchers have different personality, so even quests that would have an obvious outcome for Geralt could be totally different.

- "Not a witcher at all" - the Witcher 3 has a lots of sword-fighting and other fighting, but the game does not comprise only that. You have a non-linear dialogues and quests, investigations, exploring etc. It is a good tool to make a detective or an adventure, for example Shani trying to cure an important patient, trying to find a source of an illness while establishing and managing the medical school somewhere in Toissant. Or your majordomo, Barnabas-Basil Foulty, managing Corvo Blanco while one of Geralt's friends is staying there during Geralt absence.

Someone might say that it will be turning franchise into a money-pump and selling the same game one more time, but I would say that we, fans, haven't had enough of Witcher 3 yet.

a witcher game where we can choose the gender, name and character customization (we can be a witcher from one of the other schools like viper or manticore etc) and having Ciri as companion and possible romance for those who choose it, that whould be a dream game (and to have Ciri by our side:love:)❤

Last edited:
a witcher game where we can choose the gender, name and character customization (we can be a witcher from one of the other schools like viper or manticore etc) and having Ciri as companion and possible romance for those who choose it, that whould be a dream game (and to have Ciri by our side:love:)❤
I don't think that custom not predefined character will fit well into Witcher game. Moreover having Ciri as companion.

Great Ideas Pal!!! I just came looking for a place for sharing Witcher ideas, thanks for creating it :)

I finished Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice yesterday, and I thought, Damn, this is no way a RPG, you don't make any choices, but the narration and the acting, as well as production value, are SO good, and I thought this is a formula that could work great for the Witcher franchise. As a side-project outside of the main AAA works. They are simpler to do because they keep many things simple, especially the content because it is a very limited universe and only a short story. No loot, no inventory whatsoever. Put everything on the rest - mo-cap and exceptionnal acting performances and renders - as well as graphic design and sound production AAA grade). After the first story, some elements could probably be re-used to create the next story, as we'd stay more or less in the same universe.
They could definetely be short stories from the books, and as well be extended to all of the Witcher lore, with usual CDPR awesome creative teams. They could be released at a faster pace than usual AAA's, like every 2-3 years or something.

Hellblade is a "indie" 10 million$ game that lasts only 10-15 hours, costs 30$, but it is so damn intense I never had such feelings in any game. As immersive as any RPG, in a very personal way but towards a completely scripted character (such as Geralt, in some aspects). I definetely think that The Witcher offers such character quality, to make incredible stories, in fact they already did 3 times + 2 expansions, but these ones would be on a much smaller scale! I would say most of the Witcher characters are interesting enough to hold a story on their own.

Wouldn't it be awesome? I'm not sure what story I would start with, maybe doing Sapkowski's stories that aren't (yet) in the TV show. Or start right away with brand new stories like they did with Thronebreaker. Would love to play any of that!!! And I gladly pay 30$ even 40$ for a 10-15 hour game if it is such an exceptionnal piece of quality! A Geralt + Ciri monster hunt in the Skellige mountains would be AWESOME! And could be emotionnally strong, and funny. And could be relatively "simple" to do. Well at least compared to CP2077!!!
I wouldn't worry about the price, for such stories, would be win win for everybody i'm sure!!!

EDIT: I liked your idea with Shani trying to find a cure / source of epidemia, a story set during the Catriona plague could be a lot of fun!!! Also the vampires.... totally interesting. Another adventure with Regis? Or the Hanza... Ciri with the Rats. So many possibilities!!!
Post automatically merged:

I don't think that custom not predefined character will fit well into Witcher game. Moreover having Ciri as companion.

I think the same. Why customization when you have good acting from characters you love (we'll see how they do it in CP2077! Can they map any face on good emotions acting, while keeping it as good as a static character? One of my only fear for CP is that I don't get as much involved emotionnally as with Geralt and Ciri, but i'm expecting that, so it's all right! Might as well be surprised)

Last edited:
Like some people have mentioned before, a new way of expanding The Witcher universe would be an awesome way to keep the fans happy and still let the trilogy rest in peace. A story-driven experience similar to The Last of Us would be an awesome way to learn more about The Witcher world, and I'm sure that CD Projekt Red would make a 20h long experience worth our money.

To be honest, I haven't chance to play The Last of US yet :)
What I wanted to say that there are still a lot of possibilities that would make us happy, not necessarily (but possible) to be a continuation of Geralt's quest, and personally I won't be upset if it would be done on he same game engine.

I would like to see something like AC hase tour mode where we could see something from continent and learn about it. Like a spin-off for game.

- "Higher vampires" - Wine and Blood have shown that a single Higher vampire is the threat for a city, maybe even for a small country and even a powerful mage might not been able to destroy one. Is it wise to live in illusion that higher vampire terror will never happen again and there will always be a strong wither or mage to stop him and another friendly vampire to destroy? And to hope that you would never meet the vampire Elder...

Open new studio and make Vampire RPG. Bloodlines 2 has done the ground-work at least a bit.

I think they should sell Witcher Universe foremost. I remember when I played Witcher 3. I didnt know what was game industry, what was witcher universe or what was marketting. I kinda hope they focus more on the universe itself when making Witcher 4. I dont know if that make any sense but the universe is the cake players want to eat, I think this was one of the short-comings of Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Some of my ideas for future Witcher games would be:

+ The Witcher 4/sequel
- feature Ciri as MC
- story evolve around new waves of monsters in the continent (Witcher 3 ending) & some other stuffs.
- Multiple region open worlds based off different universes/legends from Ciri's portals. For examples: Arthurian Legends, Desolate weird mystical wastelands, Eastern Japanese Heian Period Samurai fantasy, etc.

+ The Witcher Origins/prequel
- feature a new protag, customized character aka player witcher.
- story is in the past timeline at the early golden age of Witcher.
- Multi region open worlds in the continent.

+ The Witcher New Blood/Sequel
- feature a new protag, customized character aka player witcher.
- Ciri will be the second MCs or playable character (like Witcher 3), also a partner from time to time.
- Story revolve around the new initiative of Witcher school projects around the continent by the mages & other witcher because of the new waves of monsters arrived (Witcher 3 ending)

+ The Witcher Multiplayer
- A cooperative multiplayer "Monster Hunt" Action RPG. yes, basically a Witcher + MHW, focus more about monster hunting elements.
- It will still be a narrative driven game, maybe some role playing elements of multiple choices & endings.
- It's not "open world," but I think it should be more like MHW with dozens of unique big open areas & stages. Again, like MHW.
- Because Witcher Monsters are varied & not just a simple wild animals. There will be a lot of classifications & even more detective works before the hunt begin.
- There are a single player offline mode (include story) & online mode.
- No rigid class system, but player will choose different type of weapons & different type of Witcher schools (moveset, skills, etc)

+ The Witcher World of Storms
- A narrative driven "party based" TBS tactical RPG.
- feature multiple MCs, possibly dozens, including the player customized MC.
- Pick a class: Bards, Craftsmen, Criminals, Doctors, Mages, Men Art Arms, Merchants. Priests, & (of course) Witchers.
- Multi region open worlds around the continent.
- Combat system is tactical TBS RPG with party of 5 people & 3 in reserved. aside from skills, positioning also very important. For examples: Divinity OS series, Shadowrun series, Trails series, SMT series, Persona series, Front Mission series, Wasteland series, etc.
- Camera can be in third person perspective & top down perspective.
- It will feature Caravan & Ship for traveling on certain open areas.
- It will feature a main guild or villa or a tavern that can be choose depend on player choices.
- It will also feature a camp system via caravan.

+ The Witcher Continent Wars
- basically a 4x Grand Strategy with tactical army combat. (Endless Legend/Space, Crusader Kings, Pike & shot, Sengoku Jidai, Age of Wonders, etc)
- features dozens of unique races & group/clan/countries/etc based off of Witcher lore.
- feature a single player campaign story on some groups/clans.
- feature multiplayer mode

+ Witcher 1 & Witcher 2 REMAKE
- Yep, basically remake Witcher 1 & 2 with the newest RED Engine, maybe also add some additional stuffs that being sacrificed in the game development cycles.

Last edited:
+ Witcher 1 & Witcher 2 REMAKE
- Yep, basically remake Witcher 1 & 2 with the newest RED Engine, maybe also add some additional stuffs that being sacrificed in the game development cycles.

Remake would be nice.
I love all three Witcher games a lot, but when I shortly returned to Witcher 1 after WItcher 2...

Top Bottom