Ideas, thoughts for gwent

+
Ideas, thoughts for gwent

Greetings!
Whoever you are on the globe, thank you for reading my thoughts, about gwent. :)
To be clear, everything that I say is for/about the PC version.

1. I'm a card lover, I love the cards more than sometimes the game, and to be honest when I first saw the screenshots from the new game i was very sad. In my opinion the cards in an online card game should look like they are from the real world. I can't say why(to be precise I can't articulate my thoughts in english), maybe because I want to be as close to my cards as possible, I want them to be as close to real cards as possible. Not like in Hearthstone when you see a cards front it has parts that stick out of the cards shape, but on the back they are not there.
My suggestions:
a, The power of the card, or anything else shouldn't stick out from the cards shape.
b, The cards should have text on themsefls, at least their name​
So in my opinion in Witcher 3 the cards were better at least by overall design.

2. If you can do it, and I know it is so hard, but make trading cards available. It is such a powerful tool to make the player feel that he/she realy owns the cards. Make an auction house with bid system or I don't know. And make possible to trade between two player, maybe after they were on each others friendlist for a month.

3. Add card condition to the game(like cs:go skin condition). So when you get a card it can be a new one, or a battered version of the card(it should have more condition states ofc.), so the real collectors should have reason to play more, than a casual player, and you can control the trade with it so when you give a card to a friend it loses from its condition, and you can't trade the cards that are in the poorest condition.

4. Let the community to talk, discuss, live inside the game. Don't make the same mistake as HS did, that we have to use a website to ask a question etc. Create server/channel chats. Let the people see each others(ant their own) rank, winrate, statistics, even collection (And let them turn it off, if they dont want to show it to others).

5. The 5th and my last idea (or you can call it a wish :) ) is to don't make it an "only casual" game.

P.S.: I know that I don't have to tell you this, but I write it down: 0 RNG except the card drawing. :D <3

If anyone at CD Project Red employee reads this, please know that I'm deeply honored, and I realy hope that any of my ideas helps you to make the best Online Card Game Ever.
Greetings from Hungary.

Well, I like very much the way the cards look: with the numbers on the side and no name on the cards. It looks cleaner to me. And being a digital game I think is nice that we get the option of doing this kind of things. It leaves room for the amazing art; it looks really great like that. If you take space for names and numbers... that could diminish that aspect. Your second point I may agree if they are many many cards... mm perhaps. I don't like so much the third point, I would like my cards always new.
As far as your last point, I really agree, I would like Gwent to be a complex game.

Last edited:
I really like the idea to implement chats and trade system. However, I can't support your suggestion to make the cards look as real as possible. I really enjoy them already and for me it's a fantasy game - the advantage of it is that we can make numbers fly near the card instead of putting it inside.

a, The power of the card, or anything else shouldn't stick out from the cards shape.
b, The cards should have text on themsefls, at least their name
I disagree as well, I really like the subtle 3D effect, and the "cleanness" of the cards. the advantage of having a card game on your computer is that you don't have to make it realistic.

2. If you can do it, and I know it is so hard, but make trading cards available. It is such a powerful tool to make the player feel that he/she realy owns the cards. Make an auction house with bid system or I don't know. And make possible to trade between two player, maybe after they were on each others friendlist for a month.
even if there is a month wait, that's still iffy. if someone wants to create multiple accounts and just funnel their cards into one they are probably not discouraged from a little waiting.

3. Add card condition to the game(like cs:go skin condition). So when you get a card it can be a new one, or a battered version of the card(it should have more condition states ofc.), so the real collectors should have reason to play more, than a casual player, and you can control the trade with it so when you give a card to a friend it loses from its condition, and you can't trade the cards that are in the poorest condition.
well there are special "pretty versions" of the cards. degrading condition sounds interesting, but they already said they can't really do trading.

even if there is a month wait, that's still iffy. if someone wants to create multiple accounts and just funnel their cards into one they are probably not discouraged from a little waiting.

I could be wrong but I think I saw one of the Dev's mention somewhere that they're very cautious of this for the same sort of reason you mentioned. Some people will go to the extreme to abuse this.

There was another thread that mentioned ideas and I suggested the idea of tournaments (that can only be joined by playing with Randoms and not friends). The Buy In would be a card of a particular rarity.

I.e. Rare and Legendary

The winner of the Tournament would then win the Cards put forward as the buy in.

In regards to the OP's points, I liked how they look from the better. The Art was great, the information they provided was good, if more info is needed you can zoom in on them.

It'd also look a lot better IMO if they were "New" condition all the time. Different conditions would ruin the Art and can mislead some what the Card is unless they zoom in on them.

Their point of having some system in game where you can Talk to the opponents would be interesting to have but as stated this would need to have some sort of toggle if people don't want to speak to others.

Top Bottom