Ideas to fix Monsters' Faction Ability

+
Ideas to fix Monsters' Faction Ability

It's been established that Monsters seems to be underpowered at the moment. Some users have cited the faction ability as being too RNG based, so naturally the best change would be to remove the randomness. Here's my pitch: Monsters player chooses a non-Gold unit to stay for the next round at reduced strength. The reduction could work as a straight halving/fraction, or possibly have a flat number shaved off. This would prevent useless units from staying on the board, such as prize winning cow. The non-Gold rule would prevent ridiculous plays, and the strength reduction would prevent overly buffed units from deciding the outcome of the next round. Tell me what you guys think, and forgive me if this has been discussed before (I searched BTW).

:cheers:

I'm pretty sure something like this has been posted somewhere especially in the tacticans discussions (but the search function is not the best so its not your fault :p).
Anyways what you suggest could work but it should be in line with the passives of other factions so that it isnt too weak and not too strong. It would fix the issue Breeder decks and all other small unit decks have with the passive and it wouldnt favor buff decks. But maybe it should be changed to: You can only pick units that have X (could be 10, but that could be too strong for Eredin decks) base strength or less and those units lose all strength buffs for the next round^^

Strollin;n7526790 said:
I'm pretty sure something like this has been posted somewhere especially in the tacticans discussions (but the search function is not the best so its not your fault :p).

take
your
pick

But yeah, nothing new to discuss here.

I think it's pretty balanced. Hitting foglet is a bummer but foglets can be eaten up by a Kayren. Several monster decks I've played against don't run foglets and stack all their buffs on 1 unit they know they'll keep and just gamble against their opponent having an answer. On top of that, if you win the first round even if it chooses a 1 power rabid wolf you can pass and force your opponent to play a card just to have card advantage for the last round. Getting card advantage from the faction ability is very powerful.

Delpheki;n7534610 said:
I think it's pretty balanced. Hitting foglet is a bummer but foglets can be eaten up by a Kayren. Several monster decks I've played against don't run foglets and stack all their buffs on 1 unit they know they'll keep and just gamble against their opponent having an answer. On top of that, if you win the first round even if it chooses a 1 power rabid wolf you can pass and force your opponent to play a card just to have card advantage for the last round. Getting card advantage from the faction ability is very powerful.

I wouldnt really consider the passive as card advantage. Other card advantage that lets you play the last card via commanders horn or clear skies and what not is much more powerful and affects the game more than an average 8 strength monster you can keep on the board (unless you spam units like crazy which is half of the monster decks).
Again other factions passives are more consistent and help their decks more overall than monsters (where it hurts half of the decks you can build them with, rendering the passive useless for those decks).
But like 4RM3D mentioned, it should be discussed enough already :p

Top Bottom