Ideas To Make Subsequent Playthroughs More Challenging?

+
Ideas To Make Subsequent Playthroughs More Challenging?

Was wondering what those of you who beat the game on Deathmarch without too much difficult plan to do on your next playthrough to enhance your gameplay experience. When I finally get around to my third playthrough, I plan on disabling the minimap and not using fast travel. It should certainly make monster contracts more fun. I also will not be using Witcher School swords because I believe they can become a bit OP towards the end, and I think I might not even use runes. Also, I don't plan on using silver swords with a bleeding effect because they make it incredibly easy to kill certain monsters.

In edition, wrote this thread yesterday about what I'd like to see in a new difficulty. I encourage you to check it out.

What are you guys doing?

I'm pretty much doing the same as you, turning off the HUD etc. There's something really immersive about not having the minimap, but I can see it becoming an issue when trying to find specific places for a quest!

I am still in my first playthrough (40 hours, lvl 11, I like to take my time), playing on "hard" mode (not Deathmarch, the one before). The difficulty is fine for me right now, the main quest being a little bit too easy compared to side quest/witcher contracts/treasure hunts.

Disabling the enemies health bars made me enjoy the game a lot more. It less distracting when fighting and I am not warned about the enemy level anymore. I may engage a fight with an enemy way tougher than me without having noticed :teeth:.

Avoiding fast travel is also a lot more immersive. It is not really about challenge though. Disabling the mini map and Geralt stats (vitality, adrenaline etc.) should definitely increase the difficulty.

I plan on doing something similar. Some other things I plan on doing are maybe more immersive-ish, but will make it more challenging.
1. Not looting everything everywhere, maybe only limiting yourself to chests and not taking from barrels and the like - especially in towns. This might make it a bit difficult to keep up with crafting, but then at least you get something to spend your money on, I guess! :)
2. Only meditating 1-2 times a day ingame. To keep a bit of realism,Geralt doesn't sleep all day! - Probably wouldn't work well with an alchemy build.
3. Only eating food every few ingame hours - again, a bit of realism! Might be a bit to strict on death march in regards to keeping your hp up safe, though.

I started my 2nd playthrough around a week ago....limited myself to use only crafted items...nothing found in the world....it was a pain in the beginning because steel sword diagrams are kinda rare,or i have been looking in the wrong places,it has been fun it really makes me spend a lot more money...but it still does't balance the economy,i still have 1500+gold.

Anybody have ideas for a challenging build? On my last Geralt I was focusing 85% on Combat and 15% on signs, by the end of the game he was cutting everyone down like corn stalks. I was considering a sign-based build, because then sword-damage would be kept to a minimum, but I heard that also becomes very OP end-game.

Top Bottom