If Body is your dump stat, and you don't intend to get Gorilla Arms. Can you never get rid of the fist fighting quests?

+
I don't intend to get any cyberarm implants for personal RP reasons. Since you can never get your real arms back. Body is also my dump stat. So I'm just wondering, am I stuck with these fist fighting quests in my log for all time? Can you fail them purposefully just to get rid of them? Triggers my OCD hard if my newly planned character is basically doomed to have those quest permanently unsolvable.

Edit: I tried sneaking past the quest giver but that bastard snuck them into my quest log anyway :(

Well, there is currently a way to clear them easily (just search on YouTube - its a bug kinda..) or you could get your hands on legendardy quickhack short-circuit. This thing also proc while fist fighting. It will still be hard.

Some of them are easier, as they have patterns. You just need patience and shouldnt make any mistakes.. :)

The sandevistan or berserker are also probably helping, if you have no legendary quickhack.

I don't intend to get any cyberarm implants for personal RP reasons. Since you can never get your real arms back. Body is also my dump stat. So I'm just wondering, am I stuck with these fist fighting quests in my log for all time? Can you fail them purposefully just to get rid of them? Triggers my OCD hard if my newly planned character is basically doomed to have those quest permanently unsolvable.

Edit: I tried sneaking past the quest giver but that bastard snuck them into my quest log anyway :(
Tried that also. Avoided the guy in the building with the robot, But low and behold, got the quests anyway

If anything, you can do the drop a melee weapon and pick it up to fight with it trick. I think you only need high body if you want to equip certain Cyberwear later really.

I may also drop body on my second play through, as it seems the skills inside are tricky to level up. It would seem that Tech and Int give the most bang for the buck.

why are people under the impression you can use gorilla arms in these fist fights?

I had them on in all fist fights on my previous characters. Either it's a bug, or you can't ever get your real arms back after replacing them. I can't unequip my gorilla arms on my other character. Only replace with other cyberarms. So if you don't want to lose your real arms, you can never equip cybernetic arms.

Drop melee weapon before fight begins. As soon as you lift your arms up, equip the dropped weapon (there's a separate button for pick up and equip). Smack them with that golden baseball bat :ROFLMAO:

It's a bit of an exploit and it will likely get fixed eventually. But I absolutely hated fist fighting. I lack the patience to learn their patterns and there's issues with regards to the physics of collision detection that make it even more frustrating.

The fist fighting quests really suck. They are nearly impossible to do legitimately on very hard difficulty because the enemies deal stupidly huge amounts of damage, basically forcing you to not make a single mistake and get hit.

It's the same as Witcher 3, the fist fights were BS on the hardest difficulty with every single enemy basically being a brick wall while being able to lay you out in two or three hits.

If anything, you can do the drop a melee weapon and pick it up to fight with it trick. I think you only need high body if you want to equip certain Cyberwear later really.

I may also drop body on my second play through, as it seems the skills inside are tricky to level up. It would seem that Tech and Int give the most bang for the buck.

My first character had 2 athletics when the game was finished :) It's the worst skill to naturally level up I think. That and engineering. I know a trick to leveling athletics I saw on youtube though. If you activate berserk, then slide, and enter the inventory menu after starting the slide - athletics will level up really fast while in the menu.

I had gorilla arms for all but the first fight, unless the game un-equips them and does not give any indication?
yeah it's unequipped
Because you can. Plus with level advantage it's a one-shot. On matching levels you can see their effects like bleeds too.

Another option is to drop lots of laser grenades just before the fight ;)
sigh. so this is why people believe something to be true that's not. it's incredibly easy to check. put electrical damage on your gorilla fists. punch anyone. note the shock animation. go into a fist fight w/ the same knuckles equipped. note the lack of the animation

Also the one in Pacifica can be "skipped".. Or lets say, you can just use your gun to clean the gym.

yeah it's unequipped

sigh. so this is why people believe something to be true that's not. it's incredibly easy to check. put electrical damage on your gorilla fists. punch anyone. note the shock animation. go into a fist fight w/ the same knuckles equipped. note the lack of the animation

I actually do get the shock animations, and when I switch to chemical damage, I watch it damage them furter after post fight (when i lose) continually taking their life away. I may have them shown in my twitch videos somewhere showing this, cause i made comments on it.

its easy as soon as you figure out their pattern
i played on very hard with 5 body, no gorilla arms

stunlock them with charged punches
use consumables for more health/stamina and cyberware that triggers on low health (be careful with nadenose tho)

takes a while, but they go down eventually
except razor, that guy kicked my ass no matter what

yeah it's unequipped

Interesting. I had always used physical damage for Gorilla Arms, and there does not really seem to be much of an indication that they are not active when there isn't an additional graphic affect tied to them.

If you go into your Cyberwear screen, will it show the mod as no longer equipped?

Are you sure it is not just the mods for Gorilla Arms that are deactivated? Can anyone verify damage with and without Gorilla Arms equipped?

Interesting. I had always used physical damage for Gorilla Arms, and there does not really seem to be much of an indication that they are not active when there isn't an additional graphic affect tied to them.

If you go into your Cyberwear screen, will it show the mod as no longer equipped?

Are you sure it is not just the mods for Gorilla Arms that are deactivated? Can anyone verify damage with and without Gorilla Arms equipped?

No real proof or confirmation here but, I had really hard time during those fights with only my fists.
Rolled with Legendary Monowire but ended up getting epic gorilla arms just for those fights (assumed it would work as your enemies have various different arms and stuff). My damage went up considerably and it was much easier to deal with them.
I keep my body at 8, with tech 20, int 20 and reflex 20, cool on 3.
Might be just a placebo but it sure seemed like they were helping dmg wise.

I actually do get the shock animations, and when I switch to chemical damage, I watch it damage them furter after post fight (when i lose) continually taking their life away. I may have them shown in my twitch videos somewhere showing this, cause i made comments on it.

Ok, I dont see my old fights, the only fight I seem to have saved on twitch is the very last with Bozo. You can clearly see I'm wearing gorilla arms, but I was using physical, so you don't get effects there. I swear to you that gorilla arm mods do work, at least the chemical and electrical do. You may not get the stuns from shock, but it will surround the enemy in electricity.

35 min or so in

Top Bottom