If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

+

If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

• Kovir

Votes: 129 41.2%
  • Zerrikania

Votes: 89 28.4%
  • Dol Blathanna

Votes: 123 39.3%
  • Redania

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Temeria

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • Kaedwen

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Aedirn

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Nilfgaard

Votes: 66 21.1%
  • Cintra

Votes: 64 20.4%
  • other

Votes: 29 9.3%

• Total voters
I hate that Kovir is now associated with Triss instead of Sheala :angry:

Who said anything about Iorveth? There's also Francesca, Isengrim and lots of other non-humans who are practically non existent in TW3.

Also in Kovir there are plenty of interesting people who are practically non existent in TW3 ;) no need to hate

If I were CDPR I would go somewhere neutral to avoid any issues hence I voted for Zerrikania.

Last edited:
Also in Kovir there are plenty of interesting people who are practically non existent in TW3 ;) no need to hate

Erm...Not sure where you see "hate" in my post. The only Koviri person whom I find interesting was butchered in TW3, so there are no interesting people in Kovir that I know of.

Guest 3847602

I hate that Kovir is now associated with Triss instead of Sheala

Meh, I'd totally buy this Kovir expansion if:
1. it can be played before the ending of the game
2. it doesn't include any of these characters: Yennefer, Triss or Ciri
3. it's story is completely unrelated to TW3 main quest

The only Koviri person whom I find interesting was butchered in TW3, so there are no interesting people in Kovir that I know of.

Can't CDPR create their own characters? I thought that was what you actually preferred: cleaving less to Sapkwoski's material and developing more of their own stuff.

I say that being fully cognizant of the fact that a third expansion is purely hypothetical and probably will never see the light of day.

I hate that Kovir is now associated with Triss instead of Sheala :angry:

I love it.

But it doesn't have to be associated with anyone, really. It'd just be a cool place to visit.

I saw it right there

Since you specifically replied to my answer about Iorveth, I assumed you were talking about that and not the first part of my post :wacko:
Though I'm not sure why I shouldn't hate the fact that one of my favorite characters was killed off and replaced by another one.

Can't CDPR create their own characters? I thought that was what you actually preferred: cleaving less to Sapkwoski's material and developing more of their own stuff.

They can and they should just not in Kovir :harhar:Kovir simply has no interest for me. I'm not fond of snowy locations in general. Plus we already have Skellige for that.

Meh, I'd totally buy this Kovir expansion if:
1. it can be played before the ending of the game
2. it doesn't include any of these characters: Yennefer, Triss or Ciri
3. it's story is completely unrelated to TW3 main quest

Add to this list Sheala's resurrection and I'd totally buy it as well :D

Kovir simply has no interest for me. I'm not fond of snowy locations in general. Plus we already have Skellige for that.

But it is a different snowy location, different monsters, cities, culture, etc. Even the landscape would not be the same. It is as much of a similarity as Toussaint and Novigrad/Redania both being grassy locations with trees. :)

Add to this list Sheala's resurrection and I'd totally buy it as well.

Maybe she just gets killed again ? But at least there is an excuse to also get Yennefer involved in the plot. :devil:

Although not everyone would go to Dol Blathanna for Iorveth, either. ;)
Wanting specific characters to appear is a matter of personal preference.
Did i miss something?

Anyway, apart from Triss, what could we see in Kovir? It's a calm, rich and neutral indepedent state. We already have Toussaint for an expansion like that.

The Dol Blathanna can be the place for a rebellion of Scoiat'ael/Those who survirved from Vergen agaisnt Francesca and Emhyr.

Why would you want a Kovir expansion if it's not for Triss? The landscape is so special? There's such a unique and different race there other than the omnipresent dh'oines? There could happen such an incredible thing in a calm state like that? (Could be, but again we already have Toussaint)

PS: Just curious, who really cared about Kovir before TW3? :areukiddingme:

Last edited:
Did i miss something?

Anyway, apart from Triss, what could we see in Kovir? It's a calm, rich and neutral indepedent state. We already have Toussaint for an expansion like that.

The Dol Blathanna can be the place for a rebellion of Scoiat'ael/Those who survirved from Vergen agaisnt Francesca and Emhyr.

Why would you want a Kovir expansion if it's not for Triss? The landscape is so special? There's such a unique and different race there other than the omnipresent dh'oines? There could happen such an incredible thing in a calm state like that? (Could be, but again we already have Toussaint)

Out of all the gifs on the internet, you had to choose one with James Franco. Poor showing.

I didn't care for Kovir before TW3, but now I just hate it :D The fandom ruined it for me. And the game itself didn't help :dry:
I have the same feeling but for another thing. Drowners.

Now everyone, of all the monsters that exists in the witcher world, can only talk about Drowners. But that's CDPR's fault because they used them in almost every conversation regarding monsters.

And yeah, i don't like that much Kovir now for the same reason.

Poor showing.

Why would you want a Kovir expansion if it's not for Triss?

Why not ? It is a location frequently mentioned in the game, so it is not too surprising if one is interested in seeing what it is like, and it is not too far from Novigrad and at the same latitude as Kaer Morhen, making it fit nicely on the game's world map. Assuming that only "new" characters are included, any location could be fine, a good story can be written anywhere. As the Hearts of Stone expansion shows, even without going to an exotic new place, only using the already existing areas.

PS: Just curious, who really cared about Kovir before TW3?

Most players who did not read the books probably did not care much about any of the locations not already in the games. They are mentioned a few times here and there, but that is about it. There are references to Kovir in TW1 and TW2, but TW3 in particular has a fair number of them, even if we ignore those related to Triss' plot.

Kovir simply has no interest for me. I'm not fond of snowy locations in general.
As far I know, only the northern duchies, like Talgar or Narok, are snowy. Kovir and Poviss are more like British Isles, and the description of Lan Exeter's weather would pretty much suit to London.

There's such a unique and different race there other than the omnipresent dh'oines?
Koviri cities would be the best place for assimilated gnome community. Something like Jewish ghettos in 19th century metropolies.

Also, the mountainous regions of Velhad or Talgar would be the best places to incorporate Oreads from "A Game of Imagination". Harsher and more savage cousins of Dryads, try to imagine.
:grunt:

Though I think that the whole realm would be too large to fit into one map. Toussaint is a bit monotonous, so it is not so bad to rescale it a bit; but not Kovir. It is enough to have only the Kingdom of Skellige retarded :/ But, but, how about a dozen of small regions throughout the realm, accesible by the world map?

There could happen such an incredible thing in a calm state like that?
Not so calm. Remember that the most likable monarch in The Witcher universe started his reign by an event alluding to the Reich Murder Week.
:cheers4:

Dijkstra's visit in Lan Exeter is my favourite chapter :p

Last edited:
I wanna know where the hell Yaevinn is too. I liked him, maybe not as much as Iorveth but still I helped him out in TW1. All i remember is talking to Iorveth briefly about him in TW2.

Anyways i'm almost certain they won't make another expansion for TW3 so we're all most likely wasting our time even talking about it but i do hope they at least do a GOTY edition with more content, dialogue and quests maybe they have a lot of cut content they can add later. would like to see some things fleshed out especially pertaining to Geralt's relationships with ciri, triss and yen and his friends but definitely more quests and choices too unrelated to them.

I actually don't want dol blathanna in an expansion though the scoia'tael issue needs to be in another game by itself, or as part of the main focus of that game.

Last edited:
Koviri cities would be the best place for assimilated gnome community. Something like Jewish ghettos in 19th century metropolies
But still humans cities, ruled by humans... right? How could it be different from a Novigrad city but with more gnomes around?
Also, the mountainous regions of Velhad or Talgar would be the best places to incorporate Oreads from "A Game of Imagination"
That would be interesting
Why not ? It is a location frequently mentioned in the game, so it is not too surprising if one is interested in seeing what it is like
An expansion just to see what it's like? If the 3rd expansion will be a real thing it'll probably be the last, i want so see some real unique/crazy things :geraltthatsgood:
And some badass elves :wub:
Not so calm.
But that happened when? Ages ago? I'm talking of the present, Kovir is completly safe and calm.

Top Bottom