If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

+

If CDPR are going to do a third Expansion in which location would you like it to be set in?

• Kovir

Votes: 129 41.2%
  • Zerrikania

Votes: 89 28.4%
  • Dol Blathanna

Votes: 123 39.3%
  • Redania

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Temeria

Votes: 25 8.0%
  • Kaedwen

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • Aedirn

Votes: 20 6.4%
  • Nilfgaard

Votes: 66 21.1%
  • Cintra

Votes: 64 20.4%
  • other

Votes: 29 9.3%

• Total voters

Guest 3847602

Can we hope too se more than two expansions, if so will we maybe see even more regions from lore off this fantastic and beautiful series. Please just give us blink of hope ;) Geralt is legend please prolong are time with him and his adventures ;)

They've already started relocating their staff to Cyberpunk project, I don't believe there's a chance they'll reconsider this decision

But if interest for more expansion is big, and a lot of people want it than why not, GIVE US MORE OF WITCHER ?

Last edited:
But if interest for more expansion is big, and a lot of people want it than why not, GIVE US MORE OF WITCHER ?

So it wont deteriorate to Ass Creed yearly release bullshit. Also, the more staff working on Witcher, the less working on Cyberpunk 2077. I'd rather have CP2077 earlier then more Witcher expansions. Also when you work on the same project for more then a decade, you tend to burn out. And they've been working on The Witcher since around 2002. That's 13 years already. Let them breathe.

Although I still consider the Witcher 3 to be the best fantasy RPG ever made, I'm still looking forward to what they come up with for Cyberpunk 2077, and wouldn't want any more unplanned diversion of resources from that.

So there you go, don't be a child, be happy that there's still a massive expansion to look forward to, and get excited to try something new, don't get stuck, new is always good :)

So it wont deteriorate to Ass Creed yearly release bullshit. Also, the more staff working on Witcher, the less working on Cyberpunk 2077. I'd rather have CP2077 earlier then more Witcher expansions. Also when you work on the same project for more then a decade, you tend to burn out. And they've been working on The Witcher since around 2002. That's 13 years already. Let them breathe.

I agree that a third expansion seems unlikely at this point, especially given Burza46's statement in the following thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/59757-Will-this-game-only-have-2-expansions

That being said, I don't think releasing a third expansion would suddenly transform CDPR into Ubisoft. An expansion is not the same thing as a main game, and Ubisoft has released something like 9 or more of those.

I'll be happy with whatever CDPR decides to do. I'd love a third expansion, but I'm also looking forward to Cyberpunk.

---------- Updated at 03:12 PM ----------

So there you go, don't be a child, be happy that there's still a massive expansion to look forward to ...

No need to be condescending to other forum goers.
...new is always good :)

That is not necessarily true, but in the case of Cyberpunk you are probably correct.

Dol Blathanna would actually be very interesting. Lots has happened in the books for it to be created, but there were very few mentions of it in the whole game trilogy. It would be interesting to see what would CDPR come up with to depict the place and it's political setting.

Meeting Francesca Findabair and lots of other elven gals is a bonus too :3

In this time setting? Redania...

On the opposite spectrum...it could be really interesting going to Nilfgaard and seeing what that side of the world has become....what it's citizens think, etc.

Does anyone think CDPR will end up planning to do a 3rd expansion? Or will they be preparing another Witcher title? Or will they be dropping the Witcher series altogether?

Last edited:
Does anyone think CDPR will end up planning to do a 3rd expansion? Or will they be preparing another Witcher title? Or will they be dropping the Witcher series altogether?

I doubt there will be a third expansion, and it has already been said by the developers that only two are planned, so the chance is rather low (and having to delay BaW makes it worse), but maybe it could still happen if HoS sells better than expected. A new Witcher title could be made in the future after Cyberpunk 2077, but it is not known what it would be like, given that TW3 was said to be the last game with Geralt as the protagonist.

For such a big part of the Witcher universe I feel Oxenfurt academy was seriously underutilised in the game, it takes up a large chunk of the city but you cant even access it during the main game. You go there briefly in HoS but nothing major really happens there. That could be a viable option for an expansion using existing content on the map.

I see Cintra mentioned a few times, Cintra is essentially a barren wasteland of scorched earth, pillaged villages and ruined castles after years of armies fighting and passing through. Would make for a very bland and depressing landscape in an expansion

If a new region was made for a 3rd expansion i would vote for Dol Blathanna

Dol Blathanna. I want to hang with Iorveth. :(

We're never going to see him or Saskia again. It's so disappointing. CDPR really could do 3 expansions. People would buy them. I doubt we'll get a third one, or an Enhanced Edition.

Last edited:
Dol Blathanna. I want to hang with Iorveth. :(

We're never going to see him or Saskia again. It's so disappointing. CDPR really could do 3 expansions. People would buy them. I doubt we'll get a third one, or an Enhanced Edition.

Perhaps the players can start a petition. And if enough players come together CDPR thinks about it?! It's a little bit idealistic I know... "whoever does not try , it has already lost"

Brokilon or Aretuza for 3rd expansion!!!!!

Hello Ladies and Gentleman, fellow witcher lovers,

I was just reading the news related to CDPR and The Witcher 3 today and the CEO said that they have some new plans and ideas even after they have released the second expansion (BaW) for The Witcher 3, to keep the hype alive and to promote the game even further.
I personally would be very excited to see Brokilon (home of the dryads) or Aretuza (Sorcerers School) as a "possible" location for a "possible" 3rd expansion.

Is it only me? What do you think? What would be a new location that you would be excited to see?

I think Aretuza is in ruins , Margarita says something about it if i'm not mistaken .
Brokilon might be interesting , yes .

I'm pretty sure that Aretuza was burned down, so not much to see there. Brokilon would be cool, but I prefer Dol Blathanna.

Top Bottom