If CDPR released an optional un-Nerf patch, would you install it?

+

• Total voters

The patch would restore all the nerfs that CDPR has implemented since release:
- Firestream
- Whirl (and healing with Ekhidna)
- Yrden
- Rend
- Archgriffin Decoction
- Thunderbolt potion
- Money exploits
- Difficulty nerfs
- Others?

Basically a restore of the mechanics that the game initially released with, offered as an optional patch. Would you install it?

Also, for discussion, what are your thoughts on these nerfs? Do you think more people are happy to see these nerfs than are disappointed? If you were a developer, would you rather make an ability completely useless so no one will bother using it, or let people enjoy that ability even if it is a little strong? At the end of the day, people are enjoying those abilities, and thus, enjoying the game. Would you as a developer like to take away that enjoyment from players?

Honestly, I couldn't care less about nerfs, the game is already easy without OP abilities, and I'd rather play a fun low dmg build that an OP mindless build just to be god-like, so in my case, I wouldn't, and I don't have much of an opinion about how devs should balance the game, I am no dev and have no experience as such, i think the game need some balance, but that's it, some people will enjoy being god-like in a game and wrecking everything easily, some won't, and will prefer some challenge. I am of the second group, so that's where I stand.

I'm sure some "re-balance" mods can achieve that "un-nerf" state, most of then tend to make the game unbalanced anyway. ^^

*If anything, I'd download a patch to make the game harder, less powerful abilities (nerf), less money, less resources, so if I were a dev, that's the move I'd make, totally optional though.

Last edited:
I'm sure some "re-balance" mods can achieve that "un-nerf" state, most of then tend to make the game unbalanced anyway. ^^

Mods are fine, but they are only available to a certain audience. The people on console are the ones that usually ask for money exploits, or what tricks are there in the game to be OP. So, I feel a "mod" for this would have to be offered as an official patch if it is to work.

These nerfs only seem to upset the people that enjoy these things. They don't make the people that don't use these exploits happier. So overall, you're actually making your fan-base less contented. Since gameplay is the Achilles Heel of this game, you'd think the devs would actually let the few people that enjoy the gameplay continue enjoying it.

Mods are fine, but they are only available to a certain audience. The people on console are the ones that usually ask for money exploits, or what tricks are there in the game to be OP. So, I feel a "mod" for this would have to be offered as an official patch if it is to work.

These nerfs only seem to upset the people that enjoy these things. They don't make the people that don't use these exploits happier. So overall, you're actually making your fan-base less contented. Since gameplay is the Achilles Heel of this game, you'd think the devs would actually let the few people that enjoy the gameplay continue enjoying it.

Arf, I completely forgot consoles, I think you are on to something though, an optional "un-nerf" patch would content everyone (almost), true.

Top Bottom