"IF" CDPR were to release an official modding tool.....

+
what kind of mods would you like to see?

Gameplay overhaul mods are some of my favorites. And needless to say, this game could definitely use one. But aside from that, what really adds to a game for you?

I'll start with what would be my personal list of "must haves":

A custom character creation tool, with as many options as possible for custom assets like hairs and tattoos
a player penthouse (best if tied to a small "purchase" quest)
vehicle paint jobs
clothing
armors

These are basically "top of list" things. There's a ton more that I could include, but I'm really curious to know what others would like to see.

I totally agree this would be the goal. I concur on character creation and variety being paramount, with a full development mod kit to allow integration of the CBBE/Bodyslide type, to generate custom body shapes and clothing mods allied to this to make entirely new clothes.

Currently all clothes mods are 'replacers' limited to a few standard player items that do not reoccur on NPCs.

Player penthouse exists and is easily reachable now (right outside V's small apartment window) with the 'FreeFly' mod in a few seconds, and vice versa, also with the teleport function in another facilities mod.

vehicle paint jobs can currently be achieved with a mod which alters textures on objects (or NPC) which have multiple appearance sets. but you cannot yet make your own colours.

Armors yes, we need multiple body slots, layering so armor and clothing is separate, and additional slots per each area, and new slots for hands, gloves, accessories, arm and leg items, multiple head/facial/optic slots, similar to how multiple items attach to Second Life avatars.

I have a HUGE mod wish list which I won't clog up the thread with but some key dreams for me are:

Breast enlargement and physics (bodyslide etc) and compatible fashions
Convertible cars, new cars/bikes (example 'vintage, classic') SS100 Jaguar please
Light sabres ( yea, gotta be done as in Fallout and Skyrim)
Flying cars/vehicles/helo/hover bikes/roller skates for V
Stockings and Garter (suspender) belts
Rocket packs (Mandalorian style)
Dual blades (assassin) for katana users
Dedicated map key (toggle direct to map only)
Recolour clothing

I just want them to rip off mods from Skyrim and Saints Row 4's character creator and clothing system. I can actually make a silver or gold character in Saints Row. While I can't in this one...

Thanks to the support of modders, Cyberpunk 2077 can become a gigantic game in content in which to spend hours and hours doing missions or enjoying the city and its people ...

I have already listed in many posts everything that is missing, I will not be heavier, they are all the shortcomings that we all know.

One would be arbitrary, random missions that the city's npcs would give you

Vehicle customization in the garage

3d mode in the apartment

Being able to have a lot more sex

Activate that the gangs can look for you to kill you for your history of actions on those gangs

If they keep censoring mods, i don't see why modders will share their creations.
You take a lot of time working on something for the community (and making the game better), and risk maybe a lawsuit from CDPR?
We probably will end up sharing mods in "closed enviroment" for personal use.

But i still don't think they ever give us proper modding tools.

Change itemization and levelling system. It's bullshit built for the looter shooter multiplayer. Make new abilities dependent on cyberware and not skills and perks

1. A restoration of the tram system replacing the fast travel points

2. All bi romance mod

3. A mod that lets you customise V's apartment, at least with themed rooms already designed but hopefully modular where you can place items yourself

4. Character creator enhancement that lets you pick and choose from the male and female features and haircuts (some men do have straight noses and big eyes, why do character creators insist otherwise?)

Really, I'm hoping most of those will be officially patched in anyway (and kind of expecting 1 and 3). Anything else is largely related to adding more story and interactive NPCs.

One would be arbitrary, random missions that the city's npcs would give you
I think that's a must have, but's it's been seen in other videogames right?
My suggestion would be a something like a website where V'd need to spend eddies, pay something like a monthly subscription, there would be different plans for different type of jobs. Kind of classified ads in newspapers. Then we'd contact the npc, txt or call, arrange a meeting or not, then go do the job.

Cool thread, lot of great ideas

1. Mods that overhaul game mechanics. Which would make it way more complex and challenging.
2. Difficuty lvl overhaul (scalling, enemy ai, stats rework etc.)
3. Every one mod that boost realism and immersion (better UI, effects, animations, models etc.)
4. Reworked HD textures and models (I would love to see CP version of Wicher 3 HD reworked project)
5. Weather overhaul mods (I want more of it, with all of its consequences)
6. Character customization addons
7. New weapon models (bigger roaster)

Top Bottom