If CP2077 is similar to MASS EFFECT Andromeda combat mode, will the game be great?

+
If CP2077 is similar to MASS EFFECT Andromeda combat mode, will the game be great?

CP2077 is similar to MASS EFFECT Andromeda combat mode, will the game be great? (Such as combat perspective, operation...)

Because I think MASS EFFECT Andromeda is a good fight. (In addition to animation)

And I don't want to switch between first person and third person. (This cannot be immersed in the game.)

How do you think?

No clue where you got the info CP2077s combat will resemble MA: Andromeda's.
Wishful thinking?

Suhiira;n10888131 said:
Wishful thinking?

I mean similarly, will the game be fine? (I'm not good at English = = )

it tried emulating vanquish a bit which is very fast paced which is a tps. i was hoping for TPS but we'll see what happens.

if they have any sense they won't ever emulate a BioWare combat system as they consistently awful.

Suhiira;n10888131 said:
Wishful thinking?

I think what he/she meant is asking if the combat style of Andromeda would be a good fit for Cyberpunk 2077.

Personally I think that while the combat in Andromeda did overall improved over previous ME, I didn't like they almost completely dropped the tactical elements of it. I would be okay with fast paced combat, but it would be nice if there would be some kind of tactical mode on top of that.

Last edited:
Andromeda's combat, the little I played, was actually quite good. I wouldn't mind if they took a few cues from that system.

Andromeda’s combat was fun to play for the first few hours but after the player had found the most successful attack scheme it was just one huge skill-fest, I.e. playing the same sequence of skills in every situation, which was extremely boring in endgame. At least in my opinion.
Although i have to admit it had some really good elements, wouldn’t mind seeing them in CP.

It would be amazing if the Cyberpunk Combat would be similar to God of War. Just like I’ve been discussing this game combat for a long time. This game needs to focus on how the combat will deliver throughout the game/progress of our game. Now that God of War has been release and it’s been a great game. I could say that what I’ve been talking about combat system for this game in a couple months here in this forum would make sense for an Action Open World Game.

If any of you doesn’t remember about it, I’ve been talking about the how the combat should deliver fast paced & with mechanics “progression in combat” in a similar way as the God of War before it even comes out. I’ve been talking about this Fast paced and new mechanics combat that they should be included in the game. God of War Combat is closest representation to reach that. Dodging and Parrying is part of a fast paced combat in Third Person but of course in Cyberpunk 2077 we won’t know if dodging, parrying, counter etc. going to get implemented yet. It could be technological where you will make sick dodges using the augments make you fast or see through what where is the bullets going to in a short period of time(ex. Search Batman Arkham Knight Batmobile Combat)(Cooldowns) etc.

Witcher 3 gave me a good experience but God of War is now my best game when it comes to Singleplayer Action-RPG. I hope the combat in Cyberpunk 2077 should bring close if not higher that gamers want to experience just like the in God of War. I mean this game just satisfied me as an Action Addict. No one can top this game combat and graphics in this 2018 for sure. Spider-Man can’t even bring close to it since it’s just an Action Game not an RPG. RDR 2 seems to have a MTX in Singleplayer. This game is my GOTY 2018 and not the Monster Hunter World.

exogenesis09;n10890011 said:
It would be amazing if the Cyberpunk Combat would be similar to God of War. Just like I’ve been discussing this game combat for a long time. This game needs to focus on how the combat will deliver throughout the game/progress of our game. Now that God of War has been release and it’s been a great game. I could say that what I’ve been talking about combat system for this game in a couple months here in this forum would make sense for an Action Open World Game.

If any of you doesn’t remember about it, I’ve been talking about the how the combat should deliver fast paced & with mechanics “progression in combat” in a similar way as the God of War before it even comes out. I’ve been talking about this Fast paced and new mechanics combat that they should be included in the game. God of War Combat is closest representation to reach that. Dodging and Parrying is part of a fast paced combat in Third Person but of course in Cyberpunk 2077 we won’t know if dodging, parrying, counter etc. going to get implemented yet. It could be technological where you will make sick dodges using the augments make you fast or see through what where is the bullets going to in a short period of time(ex. Search Batman Arkham Knight Batmobile Combat)(Cooldowns) etc.

Witcher 3 gave me a good experience but God of War is now my best game when it comes to Singleplayer Action-RPG. I hope the combat in Cyberpunk 2077 should bring close if not higher that gamers want to experience just like the in God of War. I mean this game just satisfied me as an Action Addict. No one can top this game combat and graphics in this 2018 for sure. Spider-Man can’t even bring close to it since it’s just an Action Game not an RPG. RDR 2 seems to have a MTX in Singleplayer. This game is my GOTY 2018 and not the Monster Hunter World.

God of War isn't an RPG, though. It's an action-adventure game, as it's always been.

A lot of us (won't say the majority, I can't speak for "mainstream" gamers) want a game with RPG combat, not action combat. There is a big, big difference.

I'm not saying God of War isn't a good game, by the way. Everything I've seen so far implies that it's fantastic, and I'd probably love it. But it's not an RPG and I don't want it to mix with 2077 in any way, shape or form.

Shavod;n10888901 said:
I think what he/she meant is asking if the combat style of Andromeda would be a good fit for Cyberpunk 2077.

Personally I think that while the combat in Andromeda did overall improved over previous ME, I didn't like they almost completely dropped the tactical elements of it. I would be okay with fast paced combat, but it would be nice if there would be some kind of tactical mode on top of that.

Thank you for explaining me ^^

Shavod;n10888901 said:
Never played Andromeda (I'd planned to but once I found out what a mess it was I just skipped it), but I tend to agree I much prefer tactical to fast paced combat. Leave that to the FPS games, let RPGs focus on tactics not twitch.

Suhiira;n10891371 said:
Never played Andromeda (I'd planned to but once I found out what a mess it was I just skipped it), but I tend to agree I much prefer tactical to fast paced combat. Leave that to the FPS games, let RPGs focus on tactics not twitch.

Anyway, if it's anything close to the source material...
How can you be fastpaced when you can die in one bullet?
Deadly encounted is the point of Cyberpunk, people are all "fighting that, combat this", but ok... you'll look cool with your big gun, but popping it out mostly means that you're risking your life for good.
You can enhance your body to avoid getting killed by a random bullet at the wrong place (like in the pnp, faceplate and weave skin still have some percentage that a bullet goes throught and just kills you, and kiss-your-ass-goodbye-roll-somebody-else).

That's why I hope we won't have any "fast-paced" gimmcks, because that would break the danger of drawing your gun and shooting for your life.
Last game I ran with my friend, they were dealing with an eurosolo, so initiative, some fight start, the Eurosolo goes hidding behind a table, one of my player shot his whole clip on it (thanks to his boosted Reflexes, still just a notch above the Eurosolo, but nothing fancy), he was soooo lucky, most bullets missed, just a few made it.
Most hit him on his body but with his protections he didn't had much, then, that one bullet went throught it, right in the Eurosolo's head, and throught his protection (firing an AK47 with armored bullets), the Eurosolo took like 2,3pts of damage in the head and died right on.

He was so lucky and everyone around the table cheered and was like if he just saved the day (which was kinda the case anyway, the Eurosolo was a killing machine and would've killed them in 2 or 3 turn easily).
That's how deadly cyberpunk is, so rushing and stuff like that just mean you'll die like an idiot, even taking cover have to be thought well, otherwise you're dead.
If they change that it may just become too easy to shoot your way around anything, given how absurd some weapons can be (looking at you high-end Arasaka/Militech machine guns... with your 4/5D6 per bullet...)

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10890551 said:
God of War isn't an RPG, though. It's an action-adventure game, as it's always been.

A lot of us (won't say the majority, I can't speak for "mainstream" gamers) want a game with RPG combat, not action combat. There is a big, big difference.

I'm not saying God of War isn't a good game, by the way. Everything I've seen so far implies that it's fantastic, and I'd probably love it. But it's not an RPG and I don't want it to mix with 2077 in any way, shape or form.

Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be an Action RPG game and lot of possibilities that the game will focus on RPG than action. I do find it interesting because not all things in reality has to be go in for violence. Combat should attract players playing because that’s what keeping them going. I played a lot of RPG games and God of War & Elder Scrolls are the games where Action & RPG balance on its finest. I can’t say more about Witcher 3 because that game is literally a grind game to make Geralt a monster with OP build & items with no balance of change of combat(like new skills,new moveset you can customize whatsoever). They should at least make it like Skyrim(Class/Character Creation/Stats etc.) with a similar progression of God of War Combat Skill tree(New Moveset, Skills, Talents, Companion etc.) set on Night City.

I mean yes, God of War is not considered as an RPG but It do have a detailed small information in the game where you felt like it’s an RPG playing as Kratos right? (Customize, Upgrade, Craft, Modify, Stats, Experience, Currency etc.) Especially the change of Kratos Combat through out the game. I hope CDPROJEKT take notes to this stuffs i experienced from God of War Combat. Those stuff makes me want to play the game over and over again. I hope you are too. Then maybe we can experience it on a similar scenario in next Witcher based setting franchise.

I hope there will also be a melee system (light sword, steel sword...),Can withstand bullets (similar to Gun Gale Online)

exogenesis09;n10892521 said:
Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be an Action RPG game and lot of possibilities that the game will focus on RPG than action. I do find it interesting because not all things in reality has to be go in for violence. Combat should attract players playing because that’s what keeping them going.
Not really.
While a lot of people like to focus on combat that's not really what Cyberpunk 2020 is about (Can't say for CP2077 as it's not out yet).

It's about people and technology.
Do you use all this wonderful high tech to enrich/empower yourself as an individual or society as a whole?

Sure you can get implants, armor, and weaponry and make yourself damn tough (but by no means invulnerable) with boosted senses, reflexes, etc. But what are you going to do with it? Self glorification; "Look at me I'm a badass you don't dare mess with!" Or play Robin Hood or Rambo; "Something is wrong and I have the power to try to correct it."

Top Bottom