If CP2077 is this bad, how bad will the DLCs and MP be?

+
If anyone else has watched the end credits, it's not like the devs have to wear too many hats. Someone working in quest design will not be fixing AI etc., so I don't see why they couldn't be making a DLC pack while also fixing bugs.

The game is already pretty amazing. After they fixed the bugs they'll start to shell out some DLCs, and that will make the game even better. I'm looking forward to this.

MP?
Meh. Honestly. I wouldn't even take it for free.
I also don't see how it could work. The game mechanics that make combat so entertaining can't work in multiplayer. When my cyberware makes me faster, thats achieved by making everyting else slower. How should that work with MP?

They wouldn't dare announce DLC any time soon with the current PR pounding they are getting from the players. Unless of course they are free DLCs to appease the mob. However, when it or if it does arrive, I am curious as to how they will implement the DLCs. Will it be an extra content that is stand alone or will players have to load up an old save file/start a new game.

As for MP, I don't know if they have the ability to even support a MP in CP2077. I'd rather they perfect the SP aspect than put out an amateurish multiplayer experience. I mean what is there to do with other people in this game? Stealth play wouldn't work (assuming the game won't support in-game voice chat), quickhacks will be an absolute mess - basically randos running in guns blazing will be everything the game has to offer. I simply don't see MP working in CP2077 unless they overhaul the system into Destiny/Division looter-shooter type of thing.

I just had an awful thought.

Now, a lot of us have some gripe with this game. There are a lot of issues, just to name a few:
  • Massive tech issues.
  • Story on rails, no player agency. Superficial characters, never any time to get to know them. Disposable protagonist.
  • It only has a thin veneer of RPG, it's really a looter shooter.
  • A lot of lying. ("expect nothing less than the Witcher 3"
On CP2077, they worked for like 5 years (work accelerated greatly towards the end) and it came out as a rail shooter.

How bad do you think the DLCs and multiplayer will be, considering they are yet to put on the market a finished CP2077 with all they promised?

Will we see perhaps a repeat of No Man's Sky or Siege, with the game being finished 4 years from now? Or will they repeat the mistakes that led to the CP2077 failure?

And before you flame me, know that I am genuinely asking, there are not that many good games coming out anymore, just more of the same, rehashed.
I can't see them being anything else than a benefit. Imo Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine were both more interesting stories than the main story in Witcher 3. They also both added New mechanics, enemies, and locations that made the game feel complete.

All are diferent in a online game. Less, the polygons... belive me... literally, all is diferent.

Absolutely.

The biggest thing about MP in this....and any game in fact....is security.

Ive used my former game as an example to many topics here.....but the biggest mistake that was made over there was no safeguards against hacking, duping, and cheating in every imaginable way. The process of just porting a game from single player to multi player without properly securing all the holes cannot be tolerated any longer. Its just blatant laziness on any devs part to think that this process is possible and can be gotten away with.

There has to be a system in place to tag players duping items, running cheats in the background, or most importantly....using items in the game that are not intended to be used as they are being used....or being in game at all. A system would have to be intelligent enough to boot them from the game and leave them out until said items, cheats, and hacks are removed.

This game could see a hugely positive turn around if done correctly. Player economy, interaction, and group content could all be they way every one desires it to be....but....security is the first and foremost....most important thing that has to be accomplished.

Without that in place....nothing else will matter one single bit.

Will we see perhaps a repeat of No Man's Sky or Siege, with the game being finished 4 years from now? Or will they repeat the mistakes that led to the CP2077 failure?

And before you flame me, know that I am genuinely asking, there are not that many good games coming out anymore, just more of the same, rehashed.

I'm sure they'll do last gen console owners a solid and not release the multiplayer game they are making there to begin with. The game reviewed quite well on PC so I'm sure it will be good.

I am honestly terrified to imagine what the MP will be like so I've decided to expect an Animal Crossing clone.

Multiplayer will be avoided by me like the plague and until the endings are fixed or adressed any DLC as well. I am not paying a single penny for a DLC that might give me a "happy ending" when the entire MC is Johnny Silverhand already and V is the McGuffin through the entire Story.

You could literally cut V out entirely and make the entire story about a no name NPC who got the biochip and Johnny starts appearing. Character Creation etc means nothing at this point. V dies anyway so the entire Hero in this story is Johnny and V is just a transportation device or plot device.

I am honestly terrified to imagine what the MP will be like so I've decided to expect an Animal Crossing clone.

If it follows the tracks of FO76?.......youll see every aspect of mp play totally destroyed. Objectives one shotted by mr haxxors and his illegally obtained weapons, PVP blinkers shooting from places a player cannot go, ruined economy because of the RMT sites that people will flock to so they can be equal to the cheaters.......the list goes on and on.

Im sure i dont have to tell you what can go wrong......youve been doing this a long time as much as the rest of us im certain. :)

I suspect everything will work out in the end. There is risk, but as long as CDPR pays the devs to fix the game, I think it will work out great. I base this on the idea that most people seem to agree the game has a very solid foundation. I strongly believe that myself. If it wasn't for the unplayable state of the game on last-gen consoles, I think the overall reaction to the game would have been good, with some deserved frustration over missing features. Features can be added!

The plot is on rails. That probably can't be fixed for the plot that exists, but DLCs could add a lot of the missing choices that matter...going as far as even changing the ending and extending onward from there. There are lot of features that could be added... vehicle customization, wall running/climbing, BDs for fun outside of the plot, interaction in the bars/clubs, more character customization, vanity slots for equipment (to change the look independent of stats), ect. We have the bones of a great game. It just needs to be fleshed out. I think the problems with consoles get fixed and some of those missing features are added, the game will reach a generally positive state, and then CDPR will have a fanbase ready to buy DLC. Personally, I'll be buying the DLC if I still have interest in the game by the time DLC comes out.... and the only way I'm staying interested is if I find reasons to replay the game... which means more customization and interaction... or a thriving modding scene giving me that.

I doubt this game will ever see multiplayer. Unless they've already built that into the engine and planned around it, then you're looking at years of development time which might not even pan out. You absolutely have to plan to multiplayer from the start or you end up essentially rewriting all the underlying code.... which is not impossible, but it does take a lot of time. If you try to take half measures, you end up with Fallout 76, which has Fallout 4's code base with multiplayer cludged into it. It just doesn't work. I still have fun with Fallout 76, but that's been a rough ride and there are still major day 1 bugs that haven't been fixed 2 years later. There is some chance CDPR has been working on multiplayer the whole time, anticipating a future DLC to add it... but considering what we're hearing about their schedule problems, I doubt it. If we see multiplayer, I'm guessing limited co-op, at best.

This game is not bad, just very disappointing for everyone who was waiting for so many years ( including myself ).
Huge dive from #1 anticipated single player game of all time - to what we got, is the reason why it's so popular to complain about this release. Gaming world topic number 1 now, is to bash everything about this game. Even good things ( it's "trendy" thing to do ).

To me, Cyberpunk with all of it's problems on launch, has still much better combat and open world exploration than quite similar Fallout 4 - which was nominated to be game of the year. I'll never touch Fallout 4 again with Cyberpunk arround - even this buggy, and unfinished Cyberpunk.

Multiplayer should be the last thing on their mind. That is something that needs to be way, way, WAY down the road. I imagine a paid DLC would go over well for them....

What game are you guys playing?

I ran into a big technical issue to start - I have an older CPU that wasn't supported. Another forum user found a fix, and I've been playing ever since.

I have already noticed storyline branching, based on choices I've made. Fairly significant, I'd say. There's a whole quest line you can choose to go on, or not go on, that I think would make a pretty big difference.

Additionally, there are two kinds of side quests.

* One, you can go help people you know do certain tasks, and these definitely fill in the background on additional characters. In fact, in one of them, I failed, and that resulted in the death of a specific character, which seems like it would have been preventable.

* Two, there are the generic "side quests", like help out the cops, etc, or some from certain fixers. Those just help you grind, build XP and eddies.

This game is f**king enormous. I am not surprised at all at the state it's in - it's a huge scope, bigger than Witcher 3. The city interactions are like nothing I've ever seen, and something I haven't even hoped for since Omikron: Nomad Soul - huge cities with giant crowds, just doing their thing.

There are bugs. I've had to reload a number of times to avoid some of them. Some bugs are just silly, like npcs driving around in invisible cars, or standing with their arms stuck out like mannequins. Others are quest-related items that you can't pick up, or trigger - more serious, but reloads have worked around them so far. This game is going to take a lot of patching, unfortunately.

I've been totally sucked in to this game - took some time off to play it, and I'm glad I did. I can't remember the last time I've been so engrossed in a game. Some of the plot lines are a little trite, and there's a political vibe to some of the game I can't get on board with, but the game is great.

Get the bugs fixed, CDPR, and you'll have a GOTY for sure.

Top Bottom