If CP2077 is this bad, how bad will the DLCs and MP be?

+
Will the MP even work on base Xbox One/PS4?
Im not a CS guy but with the game having this much problems offline, how will the game look when you have a bunch of people running around the city on top of the existing NPCs???

I'm just saying that the work done would be a waste not to do multiplayer with.
the city is unfinished in some places. there are too many walls without collision code. MP in this city in the actual coding state would be a freaking cheat mess, with players shooting from behind these walls

In my opinion, all the players who bought this game, deserves a free expansion at least...
Bad optimization, bad graphics, bad physics, lot of bugs and glitches, things dont match with real life (like the Rayfield Caliburn with 1600hp only reach 205km/h and goes from 0-100 in 7 seconds), and many other things that i dont need to post...
Worst game of the year, and worst release ever, even worst than Diablo 3 release...
I bought the game from GoG, to give the max cash possible to CDPR because i love TW3 franshice and the quality of the developers, but im very disappointed!!

They had 7 years to develop and they released a game that performs like it has not been tested at all lots off stupid things happening
Previous games getting released are always glitch but the hype off years waiting to release something that hasn't been tested and if it has they lied . The concept of the game is good. With all the years off driving games how have they not noticed that the driving is just like watch dogs gta 3 quality.

I honestly would love if they scrapped MP, I love CDPR for their story and world building, I don't want another Borderlands.

As for DLC, I think that we can't judge it based on the game release. I would hope that they learned their lesson and not rush it and boost employee moral and handle social media and marketing better. I'm looking forward to DLC/large content updates that breath new life into the city and expand the story.

[SPOILER KIND OF SO STOP READING BYOND THIS POINT] I feel like the ending was a hardcore cliffhanger and offers a lot of directions they could go and I'm super excited to see what they do with it! It would be smart for them to play with the player's emotions like that and then bring in some sunshine, now that would pop!

They had 7 years to develop...

they didnt though. they had a skeleton crew of about 20 people, they were called CDPR BLACK who worked on rough pre-production since 2012 and was going to run parallel with RED, it turned out that it was financially viable to have two teams and most of them got pulled to Witcher 3. BLACK was responsible for figuring out what the game should even be, not an easy task at all. The game itself went into half team production in 2015 and full production in 2017, it was not a prolonged amount of time really for a game of this scope. First you need to build the tech and then you need to add stuff in it. The amount of time was extremely short if you take into account that Ubisoft spent 5 years just on the tech for Watch dogs.
When RED took over the project in 2015 they scrapped a bunch of ideas and I believe they demoted the creative lead. in 2019 they fired the creative lead this is always troublesome when it happens. This game went through production hell and I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR never made another CP game.

CDPR will iron out the kinks and might add some extra features through 0.0x updates. As far as DLC, I think that is where we will see the largest and most sweeping changes / additions. I honestly do not remember what was promised. It has been a long road to this point, and I did not follow all the updates.

My hope is they keep a list of who pre-ordered and kept the game. There is going to need to be some free content added. I'd go as far as saying even a whole "season" of free content. The game had a solid launch considering some of the major releases in the last few years. And from companies with much more time and money on hand.

Not concerned about multiplayer. Bug fixing and performance improvements first. After that DLC's and Expansions.

I don't think that thinking follows. The problem isn't they tried their best and blew it, the problem is execs forced a launch for a game that wasn't ready to launch.
Given a chance to complete the game it could become the masterpiece it should be, and then the DLC/MP that comes later could be fine.

Cyberpunk pretty much got saved by its characters and story without it game would literally exploded. Dont expect dlcs any time soon, priority ofcourse is gonna be fixing that which already exist in the game and there is lot to fix... Maybe there is gonna be some new content in the end of january but thats at the most in my opinion
Post automatically merged:

I don't think that thinking follows. The problem isn't they tried their best and blew it, the problem is execs forced a launch for a game that wasn't ready to launch.
Given a chance to complete the game it could become the masterpiece it should be, and then the DLC/MP that comes later could be fine.
Ive said multiple times, it needed about 2 extra years in my opinion

Cyberpunk pretty much got saved by its characters and story without it game would literally exploded. Dont expect dlcs any time soon, priority ofcourse is gonna be fixing that which already exist in the game and there is lot to fix... Maybe there is gonna be some new content in the end of january but thats at the most in my opinion

Ive said multiple times, it needed about 2 extra years in my opinion

I don't know enough about video game development to say how long they needed, but comparing what they got to the clear potential you can see... ya, it was gonna be a while.

I don't know enough about video game development to say how long they needed, but comparing what they got to the clear potential you can see... ya, it was gonna be a while.
Ofcourse i May be wrong, its possible they have most assest needed already just didnt have time to implement correctly, but yeah this gonna be long ride

It's a great game.. yes, it has some issues but overall it's has solid stories, great content, incredible graphics etc... I could go on. Granted I play on PC and the last Gen xBox/PS players are mostly stuffed, but the game itself is solid....stop the Hate already..I've seen so many games bashed lately I am surprised any Developer is putting themselves on the line anymore. [...]

Speculation doesn't help anyone, we can't know.

Jackie is not portrayed deep enough to feel any attachment whatsoever.Main issue, the unnecessary 6 months montage, what were they thinking???
Most fixer are not presented to you, they just call you out of the blue, you don't really care who they are, theyr backstory ecc..
just naming few issues
Take in comparison Takemura, he is a FANTASTIC character, funny, well written, well voiced, everything of him is spot on.
Actually my favorite, should had a romance in my opinion.

Story on rails, yes and no, people expected more choices, and the endings doesn't help at all.The secret one tho, shouldn't have been "hidden", it's a great idea, also new to see you the main character, taking matters into your own hand.

Takemura is fantastic because his friendship with you was not in montage like Jackie.

Takemura is fantastic because his friendship with you was not in montage like Jackie.

sorry wrong post

Report Edit

That's a very personal experience and shouldn't be generalized. I actually grew really attached to Jackie and Regina also has grown on me with her concerns for the CyberPsychos..

Report Edit

In both RDR2 and GTAV single player, we had to play through a scripted story with a well defined ending.
But we weren't playing as ourselves, so it was fine.

In CP they've mixed those two experiences. We play a strictly scripted story as ourselves. As a result, the vibe you could get from a multiplayer experience giving you a chance at interacting with Jackie, Judy, or other npcs as yourself is entirely gone.

Story on rails ,LIKE EVERY MAIN STORY I ANY GAME ALSO WITHER 3,WHERE THE DECISIONS WERE IN SIDE QUEST LIKE ALSO HERE.DAMN THIS FORUM IS JUST SILLY
1) Stop using CapsLock
2) Play Fallout New Vegas

In both RDR2 and GTAV single player, we had to play through a scripted story with a well defined ending.
But we weren't playing as ourselves, so it was fine.

In CP they've mixed those two experiences. We play a strictly scripted story as ourselves. As a result, the vibe you could get from a multiplayer experience giving you a chance at interacting with Jackie, Judy, or other npcs as yourself is entirely gone.
GTAV and RDR2 never tried to be RPG. CP2077 was RPG from the start. Then they decided to make it just open-world but still advertised it as RPG. And after the launch the game still feels weird. It has RPG elements while still being on rails.

It's a great game.. yes, it has some issues but overall it's has solid stories, great content, incredible graphics etc... I could go on. Granted I play on PC and the last Gen xBox/PS players are mostly stuffed, but the game itself is solid....stop the Hate already..I've seen so many games bashed lately I am surprised any Developer is putting themselves on the line anymore. [...]
I still value work what was done and still appreciate it. I was CDPR fan and Im still one.

HOWEVER, I am not fanboy. I can see wasting potential and dumb managament within studio. High stuff members whos fault is this should be fired.

Last edited:

Guest 4211861

The problem isn't they tried their best and blew it, the problem is execs forced a launch for a game that wasn't ready to launch. Given a chance to complete the game it could become the masterpiece it should be
The game reeks of unfinished and management greed. We know CDPR devs can pull off a good story, they've done it in previous titles.
  • They could fix up the story, make it 2x longer and give us sufficient time to get to know the characters, instead of taking the montage shortcut and all other shortcuts they took.
  • They could make the prologues longer and give them hours more of depth, instead of rushing through.
  • They could fix up the logical fractures of the story and make the lifepaths actually matter.
  • They could add choice, proper RPG-like options and a citizen AI that actually reacts properly to events.
Of course they could and more, they have the capacity to do it, we've seen it.

Will the managers release their deathgrip on this game and let it reach its full potential, or will we add it to the list of hugely promising games that did not live up to their promise, while ruining the credibility of the company forever? I suppose that is the question.

The game reeks of unfinished and management greed. We know CDPR devs can pull off a good story, they've done it in previous titles.
  • They could fix up the story, make it 2x longer and give us sufficient time to get to know the characters, instead of taking the montage shortcut and all other shortcuts they took.
  • They could make the prologues longer and give them hours more of depth, instead of rushing through.
  • They could fix up the logical fractures of the story and make the lifepaths actually matter.
  • They could add choice, proper RPG-like options and a citizen AI that actually reacts properly to events.
Of course they could and more, they have the capacity to do it, we've seen it.

Will the managers release their deathgrip on this game and let it reach its full potential, or will we add it to the list of hugely promising games that did not live up to their promise, while ruining the credibility of the company forever? I suppose that is the question.
Hey, CDPR managers, have you read it? I am talking to you! Yes, to you!!

Top Bottom