If CP2077 is this bad, how bad will the DLCs and MP be?

+

Guest 4211861

I just had an awful thought.

Now, a lot of us have some gripe with this game. There are a lot of issues, just to name a few:
  • Massive tech issues.
  • Story on rails, no player agency. Superficial characters, never any time to get to know them. Disposable protagonist.
  • It only has a thin veneer of RPG, it's really a looter shooter.
  • A lot of lying. ("expect nothing less than the Witcher 3"
On CP2077, they worked for like 5 years (work accelerated greatly towards the end) and it came out as a rail shooter.

How bad do you think the DLCs and multiplayer will be, considering they are yet to put on the market a finished CP2077 with all they promised?

Will we see perhaps a repeat of No Man's Sky or Siege, with the game being finished 4 years from now? Or will they repeat the mistakes that led to the CP2077 failure?

And before you flame me, know that I am genuinely asking, there are not that many good games coming out anymore, just more of the same, rehashed.

At this point I would have to say that I am skeptical about them fixing the issues in this game to make it match even a fragment of what was advertised. I think it will come down to what we hear about Multi-player. I think if they do not scrap multiplayer entirely (or at least push it out beyond the foreseeable future) we are not going to get much better than the current state of the game. The amount of work required for them to make for instance proper police AI that uses their cars and does not teleport on top of you (just to match the industry GTA standard that has been around for 20 years) make me concerned on what all they can do with out major game engine updates which i imagine they are not planning to do.

I honestly couldn't care in the slightest about MP, they could cancel it and i wouldn't bat a eyelash.

As to big updates and DLC, i've confidence they can sort through everything and know what they did right and what they didn't in terms of the actual story, characters and gameplay but time will tell

Ziffa

Forum regular
Speculation doesn't help anyone, we can't know.

Superficial characters?
Looters aren't not RPGs?
Story on rails?

Right..
Jackie is not portrayed deep enough to feel any attachment whatsoever.Main issue, the unnecessary 6 months montage, what were they thinking???
Most fixer are not presented to you, they just call you out of the blue, you don't really care who they are, theyr backstory ecc..
just naming few issues
Take in comparison Takemura, he is a FANTASTIC character, funny, well written, well voiced, everything of him is spot on.
Actually my favorite, should had a romance in my opinion.

Story on rails, yes and no, people expected more choices, and the endings doesn't help at all.The secret one tho, shouldn't have been "hidden", it's a great idea, also new to see you the main character, taking matters into your own hand.

I just had an awful thought.

Now, a lot of us have some gripe with this game. There are a lot of issues, just to name a few:
  • Massive tech issues.
  • Story on rails, no player agency. Superficial characters, never any time to get to know them. Disposable protagonist.
  • It only has a thin veneer of RPG, it's really a looter shooter.
  • A lot of lying. ("expect nothing less than the Witcher 3"
On CP2077, they worked for like 5 years (work accelerated greatly towards the end) and it came out as a rail shooter.

How bad do you think the DLCs and multiplayer will be, considering they are yet to put on the market a finished CP2077 with all they promised?

Will we see perhaps a repeat of No Man's Sky or Siege, with the game being finished 4 years from now? Or will they repeat the mistakes that led to the CP2077 failure?

And before you flame me, know that I am genuinely asking, there are not that many good games coming out anymore, just more of the same, rehashed.

Anthem or No Man Sky, that are the possibilites of CP2077's future.

Problem is, they actually just put the pieces together in 1 year from mid june 2019 ... so what to expect, a finished story thats it. I seriously hope they keep develop it, the potential is just too big.

I don't think the state of this game on launch has any bearing on how additional content that doesn't even exist yet will be in the future. In fact quite the opposite, I'm sure if this company decides to continue this game with multiplayer and dlc, they will be much more careful to ensure that it releases in a functional polished state.

My only concern, since the idea here is or seems to be speculative, is or is around Nibiru, whether or not the planet will hit Earth in the coming months ...

If that happens, will we still have expansions? #preoccupied!

Multiplayer and DLCs are really not gonna be any kind of focus at this point.

First they gonna have to put out the biggest fire and that is to get consoles into a better state.
Especially with Sony pulling the game from the virtual store.

Over the next 2 or 3 month, patches should bring the game to a better state. (but not the promised/hyped state)
If all goes well and half the dev team doesn't burn out under the pressure, maybe then we'll be getting a better view on where things are going.

The complete lack of communication shows they're not ready to say anything at this point.
Which is probably the smartest thing to do from a tactical point of view, but I don't feel it's the best thing to do, given the expectations people (and investors) have/had.
Could very well be a double edged blade.

We'll see, I guess.

If CD Projeck is smart they will learn from the disaster that is RED DEAD 2 Online and Abandon Multiplayer plans and Focus Only on the Single player Story Experience. Try to do everything and be none for too much was the death of bioware.

You Rule on Great Story Experiences . Stick to it!

Multiplayer and DLCs are really not gonna be any kind of focus at this point.

First they gonna have to put out the biggest fire and that is to get consoles into a better state.
Especially with Sony pulling the game from the virtual store.

Over the next 2 or 3 month, patches should bring the game to a better state. (but not the promised/hyped state)
If all goes well and half the dev team doesn't burn out under the pressure, maybe then we'll be getting a better view on where things are going.

The complete lack of communication shows they're not ready to say anything at this point.
Which is probably the smartest thing to do from a tactical point of view, but I don't feel it's the best thing to do, given the expectations people (and investors) have/had.
Could very well be a double edged blade.

We'll see, I guess.
Can't talk about MP and DLC on a game out less than 2 weeks.
Especially MP, DLC for sure.

Now they need to focus on fixing the consoles, that's the main issue for sure.
Fix of bugs that broke progression, that will came with or right after console fix.
After that, up to them if go for an open approach or just deliver based on reviews.
Can't talk about content, too early, mechanic change, AI,balanced combat ecc.. sure
Changed story?hmm, hot topic.If V could actually not get screwed over, even after busting his ass for everyone, another hidden ending?who knows.

There are also a lot of character that could use a more in deep explanation, Vodoo Gang came to mind.

About the online game, RD2 is an excellent game, absurdly well worked and it has no flaw - or big flaw - whether or not it is online. This does not mean anything. RD2 has a captive audience, small, for the type of game it is and this does not detract from the unique quality of the game.

CD can and should work on your online game, I would be captive in time. This does not detract from the fact or what they have already said, although, they seem to need to repeat every day, add the general experience of everyone in the game according to some expectations (not all).

Another thing, the CD has no obligation to please everyone and that is impossible. I don't know where they got this childish idea that, pleasing everyone would be a parameter for good games or bad games, this is a mere fantasy of spoiled people!

About the online game, RD2 is an excellent game, absurdly well worked and it has no flaw - or big flaw - whether or not it is online. This does not mean anything. RD2 has a captive audience, small, for the type of game it is and this does not detract from the unique quality of the game.

CD can and should work on your online game, I would be captive in time. This does not detract from the fact or what they have already said, although, they seem to need to repeat every day, add the general experience of everyone in the game according to some expectations (not all).

Another thing, the CD has no obligation to please everyone and that is impossible. I don't know where they got this childish idea that, pleasing everyone would be a parameter for good games or bad games, this is a mere fantasy of spoiled people!

I agree that this setting has got potential for MP experience - but it requires a LOT of fixing to the gameplay mechanic before MP is feasible.

Top Bottom