If I mod The Witcher 2, is there any chance that it might cause problems when importing my character on The Witcher 3?

+
If I mod The Witcher 2, is there any chance that it might cause problems when importing my character on The Witcher 3?

Since discovering and playing with FCR2 mod, I honestly can't go back to The Witcher 2's highly flawed vanilla's combat. But I'm wondering if my saved games will suffer from this decision, since it drastically changes every item, armor and weapon on the game. I don't want my first impression from The Witcher 3 to be an "error" message or a bugged out saved game when I try to import my 2-games-old Geralt of Rivia into The Wild Hunt.

I think if wont affect your Witcher 3 experience. Each item will have its own new stats which won't be connected with its stats from "Assassins of kings". So the only thing you really import is the name of an item.

Yeah, that's my initial supposition. But I need a confirmation from CDPR themselves that I won't screw with my save games for modding The Witcher 2.

Characters are the only thing that will be imported to TW3 from what I'm aware of. Those who you let live/die.

I modded the hell out of TW1 and had no issues importing to TW2. That said, as long as the mod doesn't effect quests/decisions you'll be fine.

Mods that change textures, models, or game systems (like combat) won't impact TW3, which only checks to see which decisions you made and what items you have. The only way you would be at risk is if the mod completely corrupts you're save game (which means you won't be able to load it up when playing TW2) but I've not heard of any mods doing so.

On that note, FCR2 was made by a CD Projekt Red developer, I'm certain it won't have an impact on TW3

Top Bottom