If it's already finished.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's already finished.

What's the reason behind making us wait until the 19th? I don't want to start a flamewar or complain about anything, I'm pretty sure most of us have been waiting for a very long time.. But I don't understand the reason behind holding the release until the 19th, if there are already some countries which have released to stores the hard copies of the game.
The game is already working and some lucky folks are already playing it, I'm truly curious about what's the reason for this.
Thanks.

Well, I have an idea.

It's all about Shipping. Shipping and people who can't freaking keep to the Official Release Date.

What's the reason behind making us wait until the 19th? I don't want to start a flamewar or complain about anything, I'm pretty sure most of us have been waiting for a very long time.. But I don't understand the reason behind holding the release until the 19th, if there are already some countries which have released to stores the hard copies of the game.
The game is already working and some lucky folks are already playing it, I'm truly curious about what's the reason for this.
Thanks.

Welcome to life kid, it get worse by years, so get use to it

My guess is it's a fairness thing. Not everyone has equal access to the game right now. Maybe the game is not completely available in every city at the moment. And even if it were, perhaps there are people who preordered online and won't recieve their game until the 19th, or people who went "dark" until the 19th and wouldn't even realize that they could be playing it at an earlier date.

So that's my best guess. That everyone should be allowed to be able to have access to the game at the same time.

Thanks CD PROJEKT!

Thanks CD PROJEKT, all the ppl playing on video consoles now and the buyers of PC version need to wait until 19 May. That is a great reward for the people supporting you on PC.

Really, thanks...

Wow...5 days... ...I feel backstabbed, betrayed and fucked....I am a PC gamer and I supported this company from the start and some console peasants from UAE are playing it 5 days before me...Damn!

Get real people.

They can't release it early due to shipping and such. Its not like the devs are sitting there rubbing their hands going "MWhahahaha, love tormenting these people with all this waiting!"

If they could release it early they would. They are not purposely delaying launch to burn people :p

You've waited 3 years you can wait 5 days more. It's not like I don't want to play either.

It's very selfish (and somewhat silly) to think that just to please you, CDPR can release the game early.
All the stores, made of bricks or not, prepared their schedule and their deliveries for MAY 19th, not five days earlier. There's a ton of game boxes to deliver out there, a major game release is not as simple as when you go buy a toothbrush at the corner store.

And furthermore, if you demand it rudely, I don't think it will helps.

Next time around they should have the same thing with the console versions lacking files on the disc on the initial batch of copies.

Did you see the outrage of Capcom's on disc DLC? Yeah..I don't think they want that to happen. Also even the PC retail versions they have stated that technically you can play the game as soon as you get your hands on one. I may have misunderstood that, but I remember Marcin Momot make a RED post about someone asking about the retail/Collector edition versions.

Here in brazil people are already buying the game for consoles on stores that are selling it. So much for "piracy" in pc gaming, but yeah, consoles are really great huh?!

Here in brazil people are already buying the game for consoles on stores that are selling it. So much for "piracy" in pc gaming, but yeah, consoles are really great huh?!

People will always break street date..at least in some places (like UAE or Brazil). That doesn't mean everyone should.

In the end the stores that are selling the game early will suffer nothing, and it will happen again and again....
I hope that CDPR learn from these events. Because in the end, theses leaks only "hurts" the fans that are not able to play the game on the same date( illegal date)

The main thing is making sure they have enough for the 1 million+ preorders.

---------- Updated at 02:01 AM ----------

Did you see the outrage of Capcom's on disc DLC? Yeah..I don't think they want that to happen. Also even the PC retail versions they have stated that technically you can play the game as soon as you get your hands on one. I may have misunderstood that, but I remember Marcin Momot make a RED post about someone asking about the retail/Collector edition versions.
I did that was not pretty. Also IIRC the game mid afternoon on the 18th. Digital users can play it then and some stores like my gamestop can release it at 11pm.

---------- Updated at 02:02 AM ----------

In the end the stores that are selling the game early will suffer nothing, and it will happen again and again....
I hope that CDPR learn from these events. Because in the end, theses leaks only "hurts" the fans that are not able to play the game on the same date( illegal date)

The only thing that could be done is install a release date check on all copies not just PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom