If only one card will get balanced/changed in December patch, what should it be?

+

rrc

Forum veteran
Lets say hypothetically that only one will be changed in the December patch and you can give the suggestion for that one card, which one would it be? What is your balance suggestion and why? Please just mention ONLY ONE card and please refrain from commenting on others' suggestions. I know there is another thread for getting card suggestions (even I had given a huge suggestions there), but I am trying to get the one card without balancing it in December patch will be a crime.

For me it is: "Deithwen Arbalest". Any NG deck I face (Witchers or Locks or Reveal or mixed of these things), this card is always getting played. The reason is, it is just 5 provision and enables you to target specific units twice (of course, the second time is based on luck). So, with just 5 provision, this card gets incredible synergy with Reveal archetype and even if the deck is not built around Reveal, this provides awesome payback. There shouldn't be any NG deck without this (in the current state). I want this to be fixed. My suggestions.

1) Provision Cost 7
2) Deal a Random enemy (not a specific) by 2 if eligible.
3) 1 power instead of 3. This could be a blessing in disguise as it can be used with Slave Infantry.

Artifacts... Well, that isn't really one card.
Reveal RNG... Wait, still not one card.

Fine, Sweers is too strong with a full reveal deck. He should be fixed first. Next, Xavier because it's going to be an annoyance for a lot of people eventually.

ST should be deleted as a whole. "Jokes" aside. The current [nope] turd remove meta is killing every engine based decks. ST deploy abilities schould be order without zeal or nerfed significantly. This has to Stop, otherwise this game will Go down even faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ragh Nar Roog: You get a huge amount of damage, and even more if you have movement. Furthermore it is one unit less that you loose against a full damage opponent. (And of course I'm using RNR in most of my decks.)

Artifacts... Well, that isn't really one card.

Oh, all right. Ruin the fun why don't you? :)

Alright then, a real suggestion. The most abusive card I've seen so far is Isbel on an opponent pass. I'd change it so it cannot pull a card when the opponent has passed.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

DRK3

Forum veteran
Ciri Nova: because its artwork is one of the best, and she went from being the best Ciri version (arguably) to the worst - to the point i havent seen or used her once in HC.

Give her some ability related to random teleportation (although just seeing 'random' will leave some furious)

- Xaviers effect lowered to for example 4 chosen units.
- Lippys recruitcost a lot higher.
- Eithne unable to ping before the card was played that turn and unable to ping own units.
- Usurper does not lock the enemy leader but has an ability that gains charges every time the opponent uses his leader. For example: Reduce the points on a revealed unit in the opponents deck to 1. Or: give an allied unit immunity.
- Show the enemy deck and the revealed cards when you right click it.
- Rework the chrones so that it makes sense to play them in one round in the right order to complete their picture :p

Just some Idead :p

- USURPER (he's just there for being a party pooper to his opponents, nothing more, nothing less). He's not OP, he's not complimenting a specific playstyle, he's just there to say f you from the start of the game.

- VIPER WITCHERS & MILL. Why there is still support to this abomination? Bronze cards like the viper witchers can randomly banish golds. Just wow. Out of so many beloved archetypes thrown away, mill, the most hated one in Gwent's history is among the few ones which still exists in homecoming.

- KAMBI... Randomness to the max. You cannot counter it and you have no restrictions on using it. You just abuse it on will. There should be a timer to trigger its effect.

- XAVIER LEMMENS... Assire was the best silver and used by every NG archetype in beta Gwent. Xavier is the old offensive Assire on steroids. His unique OP ability with such low provisions cost doesn't match and make sense.

- WITCHERS TRIO. They're eveywhere, making all decks look and play the same. Why? Because they're the cheapest solution for playing tempo and thinning at the same time. Higher provisions cost is needed here. Unless we want every single deck to start with these 3 neutral cards.

- The whole REVEAL bronzes package of NG aka the RNG fiesta... The final patch of beta Gwent was aiming to eliminate every last bronze RNG / create card (like winch, slave driver, doppler, elven scout) and it was universally accepted, because it eliminated all the unfair advantage the RNG could give you almost every time. Keeping the RNG / create mechanics only to few golds is fine. Because you can either use your precious gold slots to "normal" ones which work most of the times with your deck or gamble to a higher or lower reward. The reveal mechanic of NG bronzes in homecoming is a step back from having a balanced, fair and well designed card game.

Last edited:
Some more suggestions:
- "Impenetrable Fog" decreases range of units and has synergy with foglets and nilfgard assassins/spys and ambush scoiatel cards
- "Biting Frost" disables artifacts like spear/shield, has synergies with Wild Hunt cards and dwarfs. Also disables movement of those units and gives unit with timers +1 wait time.
- "Torrential Rain" disables armor and machines and has synergy with Drowners and vampires and mages
- "Skellige Storm" Synergy with Boat Cards
- "Ragh Nar Roog" Synergy with skelliges and ghosts and highers damage taken by units

You get the hang of it. Make weather interesting and it should affect both sides again. This generic "deal X dmg every turn" is really boring and i believe unhealthy for the game when overtuned (not fun to play against) or not played when to weak.

- Woodland Spirits +8 boost is a strong but a boring ability. Instead he could deploy a Tree every turn on either the enemy or his own side (like the wall in thronebreaker) and this way steal the enemy room to play units and force him to play into the fog he played before for example. Something really different.. and entertaining. Imho Eredin and Woodlands generic and uncreative abilitys annoy me :p

Damn i wish i could create the cards and leader myself XD

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Panos_Sigma Assire is crazy since now she can return even gold units to deck.

Yesterday, almost lost a match (draw), because i was dominating the 3rd round, the opponent had already used witcher trio R1 and Tibor R2, so i thought i had the game and didnt bother to see what he used Assire on, and then he used Ihuarraquax to play Tibor a 2nd time, while i had no cards left on deck...

I've also seen others thinning the deck only leaving tibor on deck, then revealing him with all the reveal golds, and lastly playing him with ihuarraquax, that's some serious BS.

@DRK3 I've got PTSD from Assire in beta Gwent and she was the reason I was using summoning circle and garrison in my old spellatael deck, just to return the favor. Anyway, I think she is still pretty good, but definitely toned down and less devastating in HC. From what I've undestand from your recent experience though, I think your real problem was more the mill mechanic than Assire herself.

Speaking about mill. My last game in homecoming (I'll wait after the first real patches, to give it one more chance) was against an Emhyr mill deck. I was surprised that there are still tons of golds to mill you and possible Emhyr-Letho Kingslayer combos which can replay them. Also, two bronzes with 6 provisions cost (Viper witchers) managed to banish 2 of my 10+ provisions golds just like that, because why not? I can easily say that my patience with Gwent has reached its limit. Not because of a cancerous mill deck (that was the cherry on top), but because of many other negative things combined. IMO, the game isn't fun and still needs many months of balancing it (again), before reaching its previous flawed but more enjoyable state.

Last edited:
Vilgefortz needs to have his power raised from 4 to 5 or his provision cost lowered from 11 to 10 and he needs to draw the top bronze from the opponents deck (like in beta) not any card. Also, Cynthia's spawned guardian needs to be 2 or 3 strength. Not 4. Also, need to adjust the mulligans of at least 2 leaders in each faction and give Scoiatel less 3/4 damage bronzes, too much removal for 4/5 cost bronze cards. Bronze damage should be limited at two. And fewer neutral bronzes please. Make faction specific card cores important again.

I dont want the removal to be nerfed, I want a way to protect engine cards against it with smart play like Quen or Armor.
Post automatically merged:

Also, If I could choose, I would give the consume leader at least two mulligans instead of … well none.

Last edited:
Eithne - damage enemy unit by 1
Eist - play warrior from your grave and boost it by 3
Filavandrel - boost all units in your hand and board by 1
Geralt: igni: destroy highest unit(s) in a row with total power 20 or more
germain piquant - base power 3 down from 4
Ge'els. increase hp to 6 and increase costs from 10 to 11
Roach - base power to 3. provisision 9->8
Sweers- damage unit by 1. Increase damage for each ENEMY card you have revealed
Epidemic - destroy lowests units with power not more than 3.
xavier lemmen. order. banysh unit from graveyard. charges 2. Give one charge every round.
Eskel/Vesermir/Lambert - needs nerfing.
Deithwen arbalest. Damage random unit.
Alba armored cavalry - lock enemy unit on melee row
wild board of the sea- increase provision from 10 to 12/13

add resilence to more units.
Reduce cards gained every round from 10/3/3 to 10/2/2 or 10/2/3
add more minions with unlock ability

I'm surprised that the Witchers Trio is not mentioned more often (except by Panos).
They seem to be auto included in every deck of every faction, in pro-ladder at least. Which tends to prove again, alas, that many high ranked players don't really try to be creative :/.
It's a pity because they are really boring neutral cards, without real synergy. They are always played for the same purpose : gaining one card advantage easily. And since they are Scorch proof, they are hard to counter.
I think that most of my losses are due to this Trio.
CDPR should make them 3 power units (maybe for less provision points) or raise their costs.

Top Bottom