If only one card will get balanced/changed in December patch, what should it be?

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'm surprised that the Witchers Trio is not mentioned more often (except by Panos).
They seem to be auto included in every deck of every faction, in pro-ladder at least. Which tends to prove again, alas, that many high ranked players don't really try to be creative :/.
It's a pity because they are really boring neutral cards, without real synergy. They are always played for the same purpose : gaining one card advantage easily. And since they are Scorch proof, they are hard to counter.
I think that most of my losses are due to this Trio.
CDPR should make them 3 power units (maybe for less provision points) or raise their costs.

Definitely. Now that froth/zoltan and artefacts have been nerfed (although not correctly), the witcher trio should definitely be the next priority, at the very least increase each of their prov cost from 7 to 8, or alternatively, make Lambert and Eskel 3pt instead of 4.

Definitely. Now that froth/zoltan and artefacts have been nerfed (although not correctly), the witcher trio should definitely be the next priority, at the very least increase each of their prov cost from 7 to 8, or alternatively, make Lambert and Eskel 3pt instead of 4.

Well, the difference between Witchers and other thin tools is they're reasonable tempo, come as a single thin package and there are three of them. So you get decent points from them, have almost a guarantee of finding and getting their value and get 2 thinning from playing them. Some other thin tools have some of that stuff but not all of it. The only real drawback is they make mulligans a huge pain in the ass sometimes.

I agree, that the Witcher trio needs a nerf, but...I think, it's really hard to balance. Now you get 12 Pts. for 21 Prov. cost (very bad) and two thinning (very good). If we have a trio with 3x3 Power for 21 Prov. cost, it's not really worth it. Same with 12 Pts. for 24 Prov. cost. The problem is: we got really few thinning tools, and everybody wants thinning...ergo everybody plays the Witchers with this bad Power/Cost ratio. If we would have a neutral thinning tool (not too expensive - old Clear Skies for example), Witchers would not be a problem. IMO of course (and I'm not good at balancing).

I agree, that the Witcher trio needs a nerf, but...I think, it's really hard to balance. Now you get 12 Pts. for 21 Prov. cost (very bad) and two thinning (very good).

It's not as simple as that. Yes, you get 12 power pts for 21 provision pts, which is, in theory, extremely bad. But it's not a single card which costs all those points ; the 21 points are divided into 3 cards, which makes a huge difference.

A unique 12 power card for 21 prov points is a terrible deal, because if you include it into your deck, it means that you have only 144 prov pts left, for 24 cards. The average cost of those remaining cards is 6 prov points.

Whereas if you include the Witchers Trio into your deck, you still have 144 provision pts left, but distributed into 22 cards. In this case, the average cost of the remaining 22 cards is around 6,5 prov points. This changes everything.

However, I agree that we need more thinning options. And as many players have already suggested, the solution is simple : we need more tutors.

It's not as simple as that. Yes, you get 12 power pts for 21 provision pts, which is, in theory, extremely bad. But it's not a single card which costs all those points ; the 21 points are divided into 3 cards, which makes a huge difference.

A unique 12 power card for 21 prov points is a terrible deal, because if you include it into your deck, it means that you have only 144 prov pts left, for 24 cards. The average cost of those remaining cards is 6 prov points.

Whereas if you include the Witchers Trio into your deck, you still have 144 provision pts left, but distributed into 22 cards. In this case, the average cost of the remaining 22 cards is around 6,5 prov points. This changes everything.

However, I agree that we need more thinning options. And as many players have already suggested, the solution is simple : we need more tutors.

Exactly what I said...only with other words :) (my English is not so great). So I agree with you. The problem is: how can the devs balance this Trio, that they still will be playable?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Also, what about this Dandelion version that now its 'kill a beast', so no one uses - it basically became the new 'Vernon Merciless', a card so circunstancial it's never worth including in a deck.

Bring back its old effect of 'boosting by 3' (that value could be adjusted) for each Geralt, Triss, Zoltan in the deck, that effect wasnt great back then but now since we're not restricted to 4 golds, it could make for some interesting 'Witcher Gang' decks!

I'd like to see Keltullis changed - the fact it can kill itself is utterly absurd, as I found out in another bot ST match-up.

They just burned cards til my dragon destroyed my cards, then itself, then played a couple of units to win. If it's considered too powerful then increase the cost but don't let it destroy itself. Seems ridiculous that CDPR have allowed Schirru to blow an entire board up, but Keltullis can wipe itself out.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'd like to see Keltullis changed - the fact it can kill itself is utterly absurd, as I found out in another bot ST match-up.

They just burned cards til my dragon destroyed my cards, then itself, then played a couple of units to win. If it's considered too powerful then increase the cost but don't let it destroy itself. Seems ridiculous that CDPR have allowed Schirru to blow an entire board up, but Keltullis can wipe itself out.

Keltullis is really hard to pull off. It was (stupidly) one of the first decks i tried in HC, so i learned about Keltullis burning himself real quick. On the other hand, Villen doesnt burn itself, but no longer burns several units if they have same value, only one.
Keltullis is tricky, i've won 80% of my matchups against it, as opponent ends up discarding many cards.

Keltullis is really hard to pull off. It was (stupidly) one of the first decks i tried in HC, so i learned about Keltullis burning himself real quick. On the other hand, Villen doesnt burn itself, but no longer burns several units if they have same value, only one.
Keltullis is tricky, i've won 80% of my matchups against it, as opponent ends up discarding many cards.

I had a bit of early success, as I think the oppo also thought "wtf do I do now?". However, word spread quickly that it kills itself and it suddenly became utterly useless! Another broken card to throw on the pile.

Like Glustyworp. You either have no chance of getting a bunch of 1 powers on the board (too many cards can do little bits of damage), or you get wiped pre-boost (epidemic, foltests pride) or post boost (three ways of Geralt, Regis, any other reset unit, scorch). It's the worst thing about HC, because it drives people to using the same 3 or 4 decks over and over and over again.

Hate the summon cards. So many cards have an action on deploy, Tibor etc., render them useless - and purely by "random" (i,.e., if it's your turn to lose, you'll be summoning the best unit you have to the worst place possible).

I also hate the fact cards like thunderbolt can boost enemies. It's contributed as much to the broken ST mechanic as Eithne does. Just boost your own side, attack the other, stop effing about with weird mechanics.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I had a bit of early success, as I think the oppo also thought "wtf do I do now?". However, word spread quickly that it kills itself and it suddenly became utterly useless! Another broken card to throw on the pile.

Like Glustyworp. You either have no chance of getting a bunch of 1 powers on the board (too many cards can do little bits of damage), or you get wiped pre-boost (epidemic, foltests pride) or post boost (three ways of Geralt, Regis, any other reset unit, scorch). It's the worst thing about HC, because it drives people to using the same 3 or 4 decks over and over and over again.

Hate the summon cards. So many cards have an action on deploy, Tibor etc., render them useless - and purely by "random" (i,.e., if it's your turn to lose, you'll be summoning the best unit you have to the worst place possible).

I also hate the fact cards like thunderbolt can boost enemies. It's contributed as much to the broken ST mechanic as Eithne does. Just boost your own side, attack the other, stop effing about with weird mechanics.

Disagree on the Glustyworp - yes, the deck gets countered many times, but when you can pull it off, its amazing. easily the most fun i've had in HC Gwent.

What 1pt units are you using? I use 2 monster nests, triss TK for an extra monster nest, cow guy and whispering hillock on cow guy... this alows me to easily put 12-14 units in 3 turns on R3. Then use vran warriors and forktails for max damage, while all your 1pt units regenerate with arachas leader ability (you can play glustyworp before or after forktails)

Witcher trio.
The monster trio (these 3 hags) dont exist like in beta... so the witchers shouldnt too.

Top Bottom