If romance DLC becomes a thing who do you want to have added?

+
So another big complaint I’ve been seeing is a lack of romance options and depth to the options that we have. Again I can’t help but to compare CDPR to the other big name in the RPG genre: BioWare. BioWare has been giving us multiple romances deeply woven into the plot since all the way back in Knights of the Old Republic 2, basically making it a staple of the choice genre. Here again though we find Cyberpunk lacking.

Looking back at the old “any attractive male love interests?” thread you can see how much diversity people were expecting and the two or three that people were 100% certain that we were going to get. Only to only get one and have his canon sexuality erased.

Then there is the “Flings” otherwise known as two joytoys and a Stout. Here is another one people were expecting some variety without even expecting plots to go with them. Honestly I don’t personally care too much about this one as it is mainly just a quick sexy scene for fun, but I also don’t think it would kill CDPR to design a pair of joytoys for each section of NC appealing to the themes of the location. Like cyber ware heavy joytoys for Maelstrom controlled Watson, more POC in Pacifica, etc.

That said there is always hope with DLC so I pose the question to you now that we have met a variety of characters who do you want to see added with DLC be it proper romance, fling, or an expanded current romance?
real, uncensored nudity how CDPR promised, and then then went back on their word.

I definitely wouldn't say no to more Panam. Post-ending content, mid-game content which adds more interaction, dates... whatever. I'd take it all. Even just having her react more to the ingame events (mostly after main missions) would be more than enough.

I actually think all of the romances/friendship paths should also get this kind of attention IMHO. Judy, Kerry, River and possibly an expanded Meredith too.

Those are some great characters and I want to see MORE of them. :D
YES. I want more panam :sad: and while im answering you, im playing Panam's ending... again :LOL:
As trinixy said in the post before, they can only benefit from adding MORE to the romances. Also genitals. Regarding this, seriously, we're all big and vaccinated. no one is shocked if we see something. And then for those who are annoyed, there is the option to not see them, so I don't see the problem in implementing this aspect.
Also if i still think that genitals are not the most importart part at all (for me). Dialogues, cutscenes, post ending options. Thats important tho
Post automatically merged:

I seriously hope they're not going to waste their resources on something like "romance dlc"...:rolleyes:
I think most of us want to see these option implemented in the game itself. But if they do a DLC, i'll take it. why not

Romance

What i want in a game - its about a movie of sex? Have a lot out of the game. Is it about a narrative? Final fantasy XV had an infinitely higher than CP. Is it about predilections or orientation? CP has this, although limited to narrative (and will know why limited, CDPR decisions don't make any sense).

What I would like in a game where the routine (immersion) perseveres: come home, in my case, and find Judy (or whoever, even some NPC). Having some lines of dialogue (conditioned to random events in the city - you see, CD? It was easy). Some options of kisses, sex, activities for two (or 3 ... 4, etc). Some adventures in the open world (that would feed the code of the dialogues - saw CD? It was easy AND you didn’t do it because you didn’t want to, it was the same decision and ruined any new ideas). And so to follow ... to go for a walk. simple things to be solved with half a dozen lines of code (which already exist, in time).

But the CD preferred the 'short way' ... repeat the nonsense seen in other games ... like FFXV, GTA (hate) blablabla ...

But anyone who is not able to make or complete a simple animation of lying on a bed, has no way to think of anything other than 'GTAs' ...

Romance

What i want in a game - its about a movie of sex? Have a lot out of the game. Is it about a narrative? Final fantasy XV had an infinitely higher than CP. Is it about predilections or orientation? CP has this, although limited to narrative (and will know why limited, CDPR decisions don't make any sense).

What I would like in a game where the routine (immersion) perseveres: come home, in my case, and find Judy (or whoever, even some NPC). Having some lines of dialogue (conditioned to random events in the city - you see, CD? It was easy). Some options of kisses, sex, activities for two (or 3 ... 4, etc). Some adventures in the open world (that would feed the code of the dialogues - saw CD? It was easy AND you didn’t do it because you didn’t want to, it was the same decision and ruined any new ideas). And so to follow ... to go for a walk. simple things to be solved with half a dozen lines of code (which already exist, in time).

But the CD preferred the 'short way' ... repeat the nonsense seen in other games ... like FFXV, GTA (hate) blablabla ...
Imagine take a walk with panam. Speak, hug, kiss. :love:
Is not hard at all :cry:

It was simple, absurdly simple to do, link the code of dialogues to random events in the world, including voice (Hey, didn't they have cutting edge technology on speech? And you can use it randomly - TOP secret: make a word bank, edit -as a bel plazem in any 'Cubase' of life ...).

But, they preferred the mechanical linearity seen in Final Fantasy XV and the one that has a plot higher than CP in everything or seen in other games, like GTA ... (I have nausea just to write those words).

Half a dozen codes and animations were enough ... you wouldn't even need 'mocaps' from life ... even in Maya, you do that with a little effort ...

but they don’t want to dare, they want to follow the ‘medication instructions’ ... ‘oh, if it’s worth it, soon, in my game, players will like it ... They hated it precisely because it was a poorly made copy of things seen in other games.

Hard words, but necessary.

It was simple, absurdly simple to do, link the code of dialogues to random events in the world, including voice (Hey, didn't they have cutting edge technology on speech? And you can use it randomly - TOP secret: make a word bank, edit -as a bel plazem in any 'Cubase' of life ...).

But, they preferred the mechanical linearity seen in Final Fantasy XV and the one that has a plot higher than CP in everything or seen in other games, like GTA ... (I have nausea just to write those words).

Half a dozen codes and animations were enough ... you wouldn't even need 'mocaps' from life ... even in Maya, you do that with a little effort ...

but they don’t want to dare, they want to follow the ‘medication instructions’ ... ‘oh, if it’s worth it, soon, in my game, players will like it ... They hated it precisely because it was a poorly made copy of things seen in other games.

Hard words, but necessary.
True.
I hope this is not the case and that they will surprise us in the firsts of 2021...

True.
I hope this is not the case and that they will surprise us in the firsts of 2021...

The trend is reversed. It is to follow the 'medicine leaflet'. Like The witcher 3 DLCs. Just a few linear lines, linear missions, nothing dynamic, a world that exists to end. That does not give satisfaction if it is not merely 'immediate'. Market logic and they live on it. The EA, of life, Ubi, of life are the same ... the Rockstar of life ... in this, there are no 'diferentes', we only find this in indies, people who still like games more than money.
Post automatically merged:

Read this...

I honestly think that most game integrate this very poorly in general and in a non serious way, which therefore end up being slightly lame.

They have no issues with blowing someone's arms and legs off and blood flying all over the place, but a relationship between two characters that is to take it to far!!

The normal formula in games like this, whether its CP or Mass effect is that it is treated as a carrot at the end of a stick, so once you have completed all the quests with a certain character that is your "reward". Mass effect does it in such way that you do mission, talk, mission, talk, mission and then a romantic scene and then it's pretty much over.

In CP once you reached this point, it's the same as all other games that character is basically dead, besides the occasional messages, which is a cool thing, but in regards to NPC they are done for.
I romances two different ones at the same time, because I wanted to try as much of the game as possible, one of them being Judy and I don't think she did anything besides hanging out at the window, repeating the same things over and over. Which makes no sense taken into account how involved she have been in what V is doing, suddenly it's just over.
Including the romance in missions afterwards would make it all much more meaningful and could make for some interesting and unique missions and dialogs.

They could give the player certain bonuses based on who they are dating, Judy is good a BD, so could improve V's abilities in this somehow. The way you treat her, could also impact the game, with you risking that she leave you and therefore losing the bonus. I think there are a lot of RP potential that is lost by companies treating these things as something very naughty/dirty when it doesn't have to be, and it doesn't have to focus on this whenever the character is on screen, but integrate it in a natural and mature way that is part of the RP experience.

And in cases where people don't like this, just make it an option to turn it off and they will just be "your best friend" or something.

To me it's sort of like a game talking about how cruel, mean and horrible the world is, but then is afraid of showing it, so everyone is happy, but might have a hole in their shirt, to really show how poor they are. But it completely breaks the illusion.
Characters in CP, both those you talk to and just random NPCs and the whole city with its commercials etc, doesn't seem especially shy of these topics, so why should V be? If that is the norm in the CP, it should be as natural to V, as it is to blow the brains out of someone in the middle of the street is.

The problem is not the CP universe, its that companies are simply to afraid to integrate this natural into the games in a way that enhance the experience.
I assume that immersion, good gameplay, and story is what most people are after, when they play a RPG like this. There are far better games out there than this, if a person is interested in loot, RPG stats and crunching numbers to maximize things.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, please ... please, please, please give me Takemura. He was my love at first sight.

But beyond that ...
They have removed so much from the game, simply ... just gone, that you can only carefully guess what it might have been. In some places you can really feel that there should have been more.

I would be in favor of first getting everything that was announced. And we all know, they have announced a romance system that goes deeper and is more important than anything we have known before. But what we got are two options for male and female V, which are so ridiculously superficial that I'm really wondering how someone can even offer something dumb like that.

I can have Judy and River I don't want either of them. You can keep them both. (I mean, btw, you can just take both of your options and it doesn't matter). So the game lacks so much. I do not know where to start. But the entire relationship system actually needs a major overhaul. Apart from all the missing options in town.

Your comment was my pretty much thoughts to the letter. I could easily see Takamura be bisexual, although at the very least he would be hetero.
I also thought he could be hetero or bi, but then I started seeing around a post of a message exchange you can have with him, where you can invite him for some...company, and he refuses, honor bound that he is, but this exchange is only possible if you are playing male V. So Now I don't know if he is bi or just gay. I wouldn't care either way, just let me romance him !

I just want more available romancing options to be added. Dates, chills, text, dialogue and so on. No more standing in the window please. But I would be jazzed if Blue Moon came back to Night City. I don't know what her orientation is though. I'm guessing by the way she declined my "I won't tell anybody" text she would be hetero. Or maybe I'm just overthinking things. :LOL:

How ironic:
Devs can write good stories but in that case they failed in my eyes with the romances.
Well my male-V would also date Takemura...

Last edited:
Top Bottom