If romance DLC becomes a thing who do you want to have added?

+
First: fix/improve the existing relationships. Even the endings can be disappointing with the existing romances. V did everything for River, Panam, Judy, and Kerry, but they stay with V only if it fits their interests, even knowing that V has only 6 months to live. It is like, fuck you V, it was good having you around but now we don't give a shit about you.

Second: Takemura :). He says that sometimes he would like to become a nomad and leave everything behind. He is intelligent, funny, and sophisticated if you have the chance to know him well and the last is not so obvious. Like when he and V go to Wakako, if you don't follow him directly you'll see him having a conversation with an NPC which is quite funny. In one of the messages called "About our conversations" V can offer dinner for two and something more, and although he says that this is not a good idea because of the circumstances, he doesn't decline the option as not possible. I wouldn't mind helping him with escaping the Arasaca leash :)

First: fix/improve the existing relationships. Even the endings can be disappointing with the existing romances. V did everything for River, Panam, Judy, and Kerry, but they stay with V only if it fits their interests, even knowing that V has only 6 months to live. It is like, fuck you V, it was good having you around but now we don't give a shit about you.

Second: Takemura :). He says that sometimes he would like to become a nomad and leave everything behind. He is intelligent, funny, and sophisticated if you have the chance to know him well and the last is not so obvious. Like when he and V go to Wakako, if you don't follow him directly you'll see him having a conversation with an NPC which is quite funny. In one of the messages called "About our conversations" V can offer dinner for two and something more, and although he says that this is not a good idea because of the circumstances, he doesn't decline the option as not possible. I wouldn't mind helping him with escaping the Arasaca leash :)

RT TO THIS X999999999999999 Even if they do not add new romances, improving he ones existing is good enough... So we can date our selected character and do endless side missions like the ones from police, or cyberpsichos

Guest 4412420

Personally, the only thing I'd like to see are Kerry's and River's (don't know how Judy's romance goes but I suspect this might apply to her too) romances to receive some content so that they'd be on par with Panam's. There's an actual evolution of V's relationship with her that spans throughout her questline. There's nothing of sorts with Kerry, River and possibly Judy as well.

I don't know if they simply ran out of time to make them more equal but Panam's romance clearly received way more attention than the other three and I'd like them all to be equal but sadly, I really doubt that's going to happen.

Personally, the only thing I'd like to see are Kerry's and River's (don't know how Judy's romance goes but I suspect this might apply to her too) romances to receive some content so that they'd be on par with Panam's. There's an actual evolution of V's relationship with her that spans throughout her questline. There's nothing of sorts with Kerry, River and possibly Judy as well.
Exactly. Panam's relationship develops throughout her entire questline. There's always some intimacy going on between male V and her. Hell, they even open up about their relationship at one point, if I recall correctly.

Whereas Kerry, River, and yes, even Judy got the shorter end of the stick in comparison.

I strongly agree that romance needs improvement. Although there're 4 romances, actually there are only 2 or even 1 options,, 1 male and 1 female. Suppose I want my male V to be a gay, but I like River's type... It's also same to replace male V with female V, replace gay to other sexual orientation, and replace River with another romance

I understand why male V can't romance with Judy,
because this will make the star ending embarrassing

Now back to the topic:

Meridith Stout
V helped her a lot, but she can only an one-night stand, then there's no more. She can be a bisexual romance, After a one-night stand with her, there could be options to continue the relationship.

Dum Dum
Corresponding to Meridith, I think he is very suitable to be a romance option. Kerry with greying beard below can be a romance option, why Dum Dum with chrome plated below can't? Do some dirty things with such a Maelstrom cyberware guy will make our poor V very excited. He also has an attractive(?) personality, I think his personality like River+Kerry.

Goro Takemura
I know he is very popular, and the things what I want to say is already said by many people. Needless to say the devil ending, about other endings, V maybe can help him again? He lost Saburo, but there's still V (maybe also Oda),
I think by Oda's effort of protecting Hanako, in non-devil ending even if Oda isn't dead, he is likely to have been seriously injured so fail to protect Hanako. So who will take care of him
I think if he really becomes a romance option, it probably in DLC.

Sandayu Oda
Who remembers him, or who knows what he looks like? He is a cute goth, I think he and River are the two most handsome male characters (if not include V). But such a cutie only has very few appearances. Although he is very fierce in first appearances, he never betrayed Takemura, even in an emergency (in the Play It Safe mission, he didn't reveal any words about Takemura and V to Adam Smasher), it can also be seen from the dialogue on the boss fight that he just wants to stop V.
In non-devil ending there's not sure if he is dead when Hanako is dead, he lost Hanako, then V's chance is here
Same as Takemura, I think if he really becomes a romance option, it probably in DLC. But the two of them are likely to only can choose one forcibly in some way, otherwise it will be embarrassing.

Last edited:
JJJJUUUUDDDDYYYYY!!!!!!! just let me romance judy as a male character! one of the biggest dissapoints in the game so far!
yeah actually i was kind of sad when i realized that u can romance only as a women... dont mind it i enjoyed the whole waithing and history but u know .. when u create character u kind of create yourself .. and even if it is a game u want to think you are that guy for real ... so u make a girl and well i think u get the point bro

Alright, here we go again....
This time I'll expand it though
Either add or expanded (whichever is appropriate)
-Meredith, Judy, Panam
-Carol, Claire, Rogue (as V)
-Mathilda, Rhino (after defeating them they grow a soft spot for ya)
-Dakota, Regina (after clearing their gigs, dating them will open up new gigs of higher calibre with higher pay)
-River, Kerry
-Viktor, Takemura, Mateo, Mitch, Barry (whats the name of V's neighbour)
-Dino, El Capt., Mr Hands (after clearing their gigs, dating them will open up new gigs of higher calibre with higher pay)

Regardless of additional, I'd love if there was more to do and initiate from our side.
-Ask them out to go for a drive and shoot up some gangers.
-ask them over to your appartment(s) and/or visit them at theirs for 'stuff'
-have updated interactions asbyou progress through all missions (both MQ and side gigs)
-Have them comment if you wear someting new or got a new car.
-Recruit them as a companion for a limited time (certain missions will be excluded for play at that time if it would involve that character)
-Make other romancible character interact with you (and your romance) with envy or jealousy.
I re-iterate

Placid for female V...

I said what I said.

I know it won’t happen since V is an outsider and it would be a miracle if V was even able to somehow catch Placid‘s eye but I’m fully aware it’s not part of the main storyline nor have I witnessed in game voodoo boys accepting an outsider at all. I’m curious about Placid and voodoo boys as a whole.

Last edited:
just as the Nier Automata has the creators of the game as secret BOSS, they should put the Ceo and Devs as characters in cyberpunk.

I just can't agree with Takemura being an option. The Devil's ending made him a worthless POS to me. Because he just goes right back to his masters and betrays V, given a chance. You really want to love this character? Regardless of you picking a set ending. The endings are cannon to the story. Meaning, the devil's ending is his real personality.

I just can't agree with Takemura being an option. The Devil's ending made him a worthless POS to me. Because he just goes right back to his masters and betrays V, given a chance. You really want to love this character? Regardless of you picking a set ending. The endings are cannon to the story. Meaning, the devil's ending is his real personality.
Well, his loyalty to Arasaka is too big to be ignored, but he already expresses some desire for a change. It is not like he has a chance to change his path in the story. He acts like he is almost a part of the Saburo family and probably he feels like this. Actually, he was betrayed by the people he wants to protect. Saburo's "soul" was secured, Hanako knew who killed her father but she still played a game when she was kidnapped. Changing his mind about Arasaka could be hard but not impossible. Plus, V likes him :)

i wish to have one more city merc girl as li
who will stay with male v after all
like rita wheeler or this one

I would also love to have Judy and River not being so pushy if V is not interested. During my new gameplay, I tried all possible ways to sabotage their behavior toward my V and do their final quests without them seeing V as a romance option. It is practically impossible.
The Judy experiment:
->I chose the most unfriendly answer choices
->I wanted money for helping her
->I killed Maiko (weird, she even didn't get really mad?)
->I avoided all answers that could give a hint that V may be interested in her
->The pyramid song: well, her behavior remains absolutely the same
->It could be much better if Judy treats female V like the male V if V doest show any interest
The River experiment:
->I didn't choose "Sing me up for a bier"
->I didn't tell him that I missed him, then River: V, I missed you. V: Hmm it hasn't been that long. River: Maybe you are right. BLAH
->I didn't let the kids win the virtual game.
->When eating the jambalaya I told that I don't have anyone and I don't need anyone. Few seconds of uncomfortable silence and Jossie said that RIver likes V.
->It could be much better if River treats female V like the male V if V doesn't show any interest

Of course, if people feel upset with the final quests they can just avoid them, but this is not the solution that gives a good gaming experience.

I must admit that I love this :

14.png

I think it's been mentioned before, but some things don't really add up with the current romances and how they interact with the plot and backstory.

In my current playthrough, Valerie and Judy are together and naturally, Val turned down the offer to advance with River during the final mission of his strand.

What doesn't make sense to me is that there's the possibility to have a lesbian relationship in the game, but not a lesbian or bisexual history at least. (the dialogue options are rigidly fixed to straight relationships for V :s )

I mean I can sort of understand if Judy made V turn lesbian during the course of the NC story (she is pretty awesome), but why are the dialogue options for V's history so one sided? They could have surely recorded the lines with alternate pronouns and have you pick 3/6...

Then again, maybe pronouns would end up with dialogue options that fill the screen... :shrug:

Top Bottom