if sound modding was posibble what you would change

+

G3nome

Forum veteran
if sound modding was posibble what you would change

so if in any future sound modding is possible what type of music you will put on the game, it can be from the witcher 1 or 2 or any music you want

i should use this

for withe orach

for kaer morhen

for velen swamp at night

Last edited:
I'd change the sound of the horse's hoofs when hitting water. Right now it sounds too gentle, like someone gently splashing a finger in a puddle, instead of being violent and loud as you would expect when a heavy horse runs through a swamp.

I would definitely replace all the songs reworked from Percival's existing albums with their original ones, like Lazare

Scryar

Forum veteran
I love the song that is played
in the cave in which we find the sunstone
. Unfortunately this song can only be heard in 2-3 locations we briefly visit. I would add that song to a location I regulary visit.

I would remove combat music. How annoying is this... Or even better, I would replace it with combat music from TW2. Maybe not all of this music, but most. Some of them are really nice, like the one during griffin fight in White Orchard, but for example most of music from Velen... Monotonic and annoying, and Velen is huge and you spend a lot of time there, this monotonic music can really make you feel sick after some time. Music is very important, you may get bored with game not because the game itself is boring, but because you hear the same music all the time. If it was great then it wouldn't be a problem I guess, but when its not, it can really make you feel bored and leave game for some time.

Last edited:
I would add dialogue. Specifically, the old women complaining about poverty and old age and general suffering. And the foul mouthed banter you would hear at places like the hairy bear - "your mother sucks dwarf cock" was a classic..lol

Would put a third,maybe fourth or fifth Gwent music. These are nice but very repetitives...
Those music are used for comedy, for fests, for generic troubadour music, for gwent, for too much things I think.

Dude, why am I the only one that would write and record a ton of dialogue and make entire adventures? All we need is sound modding and that's possible through scripts!

Dude, why am I the only one that would write and record a ton of dialogue and make entire adventures? All we need is sound modding and that's possible through scripts!

If you plan to do that you'll have to forget about using Ciri, Geralt or any of the existing characters. Splicing and dicing existing audio and then writing custom dialogue doesn't really yield satisfactory results. At best you'll be extremely limited in writing anything remotely dramatic if that's the kind of route you were thinking of.

It's tough enough to write quality original material, but when you're limited to existing context specific lines... well..I've been there and it's no cakewalk.

On the other hand if you're in the business of creating entirely new characters, storylines and what have you that don't involve our beloved characters, then power to you.

If you plan to do that you'll have to forget about using Ciri, Geralt or any of the existing characters. Splicing and dicing existing audio and then writing custom dialogue doesn't really yield satisfactory results. At best you'll be extremely limited in writing anything remotely dramatic if that's the kind of route you were thinking of.

It's tough enough to write quality original material, but when you're limited to existing context specific lines... well..I've been there and it's no cakewalk.

On the other hand if you're in the business of creating entirely new characters, storylines and what have you that don't involve our beloved characters, then power to you.

sometimes you can luck out and find someone on /r/voiceacting who sounds nearly identical.

sometimes you can luck out and find someone on /r/voiceacting who sounds nearly identical.

When they were still advertising a real modding tool, I actually had a group of modders starting work on turning the books into mods. This included some VERY talented voice actors (we'd found an awesome voice actor to play Ciri who sounds JUST like her, and a spot-on Geralt as well).

If sound modding was possible.... I would put more creepy background music into the game at night or rainy days.
Most of the time the background music is lovely and smooth and enjoyable and perfect for sunny days and wonderful sunsets. The HoS DLC showed how creepy and Silent Hill like Witcher 3 can be with the right weather and some background music enhancements.
Therefore I would add some of the Musik from Stalker Oblivion Lost and the H.R. Giger Music Pack Mod from Fallout 3 and some other high quality survival horror game ambient music like the wonderful new HoS Theme remixes for wandering around during nighttime, more crows calling and picking on the corpses and flying away when Geralt getting closer to the dead bodys lying scattered around on the battle fields and stuff like that to enhance the rainy autumn atmosphere.
:blegh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom