If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+
If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

so whats your blank?

For me? Akira bikes

View attachment 1180

Attachments

• akira0119.jpg
    akira0119.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 83
Tittays! No tittays no buy!

seriously though, I want to see a few key things:

-cyberbikes
-strippers
-drug addled hookers
-trashy alleys
-clean, prim and perfect executives
-explosions and particle effects like BF4
-cigarettes
-flying police cars
-lots of neon signs
-lots of combat/fighting blades
-rave clubs
-sewers/catacombs
-randomized crime in the streets
-drug dealers

...ok, that's more than a few.

If the game doesn't have the original Cyberpunk 2020 vibe, feel and look, and instead has that of some completely unrelated anime such as Akira, I will be disappointed. Sorry, but that's just how I feel. :cool:

If the game doesn't have the original Cyberpunk 2020 vibe, feel and look, and instead has that of some completely unrelated anime such as Akira, I will be disappointed. Sorry, but that's just how I feel. :cool:

Mike is in the team so there will be the vibe, feel and look

Beeecause Akira is totally not cyberpunk. At all. Yeah.

Also, cyberpunk 2020 vibe feel and look differs from person to person.

Beeecause Akira is totally not cyberpunk. At all. Yeah.

I've read the Akira manga, graphic novels, I've watched the Akira anime (in fact, it was the first Anime I ever watched), and of course it's in the cyberpunk genre. It's just not Cyberpunk 2020 (to me.) What I mean is, it just doesn't match up with any of the Cyberpunk 2020 source material; neither in looks, nor in story, feel, idealism, vibe...

But, you're right of course, and I've said it before in a thread dedicated to this very notion; everyone has their own view on what the world is.

Perhaps if I had been a huge anime fan, and then along came this RPG, I might've seen it as something anime-like, but to me it is it's own entity, completely separate from anything anime. To me, there's always been a massive difference between what is anime, and what is American. Cyberpunk 2020 to me is American, 100%. Anime isn't.

There are many anime fans out there who would agree, although I'm sure there are many here who will disagree. :cool:

All I can say is... KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA! TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Incidentally, the Akira soundtrack is most likely the most played CD that we listened in our RPG group throughout the years.)

- Being able to steal items

- Dismemberment

- Dugs creation / Effects / Addiction (like in deus ex, you should be able to "feel" the effect of the drug / Alcool, creating them would be fun too)

- Hardcore Punk

- Hip Hop beats, in some parts of the combat zone.

- Smart AI (challenge is good)

- If it has to be classes/role (or there'll be only one "class", like Fallout, and you'll have different skills to upgrade, i doubt CDPR could make 10 differents game in one to fit for each classes (Solo, Cop, Nomad, Netrunner would be easy, but a Fixer, Medtech, Techie, Corps, would, if true to their role, just do the same thing over and over, it's more a skill than a real role, video game wise IMO), I'd like to film stuff with media and sell the video to my boss, or doing my "Judge Dredd Time" if I'm a cop, things like this, really "feeling" the role.

- A lot of gun!

- Underground violence and criminality, just something as dark and gritty as in the books.

- A decent 3rd person (i'd say, let it be 3rd person, and go to 1st only when you need to aim).

- Destructible environement

- Being able to "Custom" your ammo rack clip, like in the pnp:
In your grenade launcher you can put different types of ammo (explosive, acid, flash) in different order, to mix them.
I'd like to have the possibility to do it with all my guns if possible.

fun Multiplayer modes:

got some ideas who could be fun if done correctly

- Some kind of online PVP "Edgerunner VS Corporation".
Let's say, one team is the Corporation, and the other one are the Edgerunners, you got your map, the "Corporation" has to be defensive, and the edgerunner have to be agressive.
at start, the Corporatives have the bonus to control their place (with a netrunner, solo, techie, etc...) and the Edgerunner would have to take the place (hacking the server, and other member would try to "force" the place, fighting with the other team), once the Edgerunner would have take the place, the corporate team would've to kick them out.
It sound like "Domination" or "Capture the flag", but if used in Cyberpunks settings, every role would have their use in the group in this setting, and with a good map setting we could be up for some cool action.

- A way to have randomly generated missions, once the game is done (to enhance the replayability, and mostly put it in the multiplayer mode, so you could do some coop mission.

There's a lot of things who could works multiplayer-wise.

- Real fighting animation (not saying i want a fighting game, but would feel more real to have some motion capture for the different combat's styles)

- Being able to fight-shoot anyone (maybe not the important npc)

- GTA like city, with a lot of crowd, mixed with a Postal 2 vibes, if you run in someone, they'll told you "what's wrong with you? asshole!", if you start a gunfight, some will runaway, some will shoot back at you.

- GTA police system, in deus ex, you only meet the cops in the street, if you kill them, it's over.
I'd like to have to fight waves of cops, being chased by police's AV-4, and once you got the 6 stars, psychosquad comes to get you.
would be more realistic (and a good way to don't shoot at random).

- Walking in the street / being in a bar, and suddently being caught in a gunfight between two gangs.

- Different dialog option, nice as agressive (and maybe, like in fallout 2 some Ooogie Booogie, if you put 0 intelligence)

Interesting enemies. For instance, I liked DEHR but there was no good, respectfull, memorable enemies in that game. I'd like them to have some sort of relationship to the main character, not something like “appear – say something - fight – vanishes”. In this aspect I liked what Bioware did to Illusive Man. Until the end you could look at him as an enemy or/and as a father figure.

Climactic/epic moments. Chasings, deaths of loved ones, betrails. Another thing many people noted that lacked in DEHR - and I agree. There was Megan's "death" right in the beggining but that didn't come exactly as a surprise.. it was not like Aeris in FF 7.

Actually I really trust CDPR on these and that's the reason why the lack of any would be a major disappointment.

Aeon Flux hair style or something close. Changing clothes/make up/shoes during the game. Not mandatory but would be nice.

- If playing the different genders doesn't change the game significantly, I'll be tremendously disappointed. I want people to respond based on my character's traits.

if cyberpunk doesn't have a good shooting system i will be dissapointed
seriously, the time for bad combat in rpgs has passed.. that isn't acceptable anymore
the combat in witcher 2 was.. ehh not very good, so i hope cdpr really learn from their mistakes

also.. neon lights

If the game doesn't make me feel like I'm back in 1996, going through my Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook with excitement, planning corporate plots with my friends and arguing with our GM about stuff, I will be disappointed ;)

Yes I did, back in the day. Good times. But boy we were dying so fast, our GM was a sadist ;)

And how should I know how you didn't know?

Top Bottom