If this game has DLC, pre-order bonuses or "exclusive content" I will not buy it

+
Well, OP, get used to it because it's only going to get worse, and it will never get better.Seeing as how CDPR started mouthing the typical PR-speak and trying to make console titles not too long ago, we should be thankful for the economic downturn, since it stopped that in its tracks. I'd guess that it also has kept more of W2 in the box.I'd also wager that W2 might have some DLCs-- but if they don't have lots of them, it's only because CDPR doesn't have a content distributor that would make it easy for them. Anyway, DLC is just the nickel-and-diming of the Gaming Business 2.0 model, in which every title is required to outsell the last version of itself so that company stock price can rise indefinitely and the CEOs can stay employed. Of course PR guys dress that fact up in phrases like, "maintaining an ongoing relationship with the consumer" -- that kind of crap. Infinite profit growth cannot be maintained, ever; so the faster the greedy businessfolks blow it all up-- which they will-- the better. Not sure it will matter by the time they're done, however.

Well, while it's true MOST gamers are frustrated by the DLC concept, and many pledge never to buy a game that releases DLCs, we all know these people do join the queue to buy the game when it is released. The developers are aware of this too, and can keep angering the fans with impudence. No concrete protest will ever be organized , so all we can do is to endure it till something worse comes along and we get to b*tch about something new.Such is the life to which we are condemned. These are dark times we live in.

Rhalle, you missed the fact that CDPR is a branch of CDP, which in turn is a distributor in several European countries with gog.com as an example of successful online distribution. I'd better watch my back on your place because those greedy sons are reaching for your wallet. And they dared to think about console platform. How greedy people can become. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Geralt from the game and offer him as a pre-release DLC.Dark times.

Flash said:
... I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Geralt from the game and offer him as a pre-release DLC.Dark times.
O ye of little faith. :pWe must place our trust in CDPR for now because honestly, they have not made any false moves yet. They released the EE and other content free of charge. The fiasco that followed was due to incompetence, and not ill-will.But I guess it's only a matter of time before they too get caught up in this race to annoy customers. :(Lets hope we do not live to see that day.Dark times indeed.

Flash said:
That was an irony. I love conspiracy theories :)
Did you know in TW2 Geralt only makes a guest appearance for 2 quests? The hero in TW2 is actually Lambert. Apparently Triss elopes with Lambert and Zoltan hacks Geralt to death in his sleep.

Flash said:
That was an irony. I love conspiracy theories :)
CD Red is one of the best devs around, but you know what? They are the only one I know of who actively speaks out against drm and gives such incredible post release support for their game. The only one. That's not a conspiracy theory.We'll have to wait and see how they handle dlc if they choose to do so. Fact remains, most dlc on the market is nothing more than a cash grab.

Flash said:
which in turn is a distributor in several European countries
CDP has recently sold his Hungarian and Czech branches, now CDP owns CD Projekt as distributor in Poland, CDP RED as dev and gog.com only.

Top Bottom