If we have gadgets like this today, can you imagine 2077?

+
I gust want to be able to project a 3-dimensional hologram cty onto my gaming table... is that so much to ask...

Although i will settle for someone giving me either a large screen hdtv, or a projector I can hook into my computer for my table... but it has to be free,.... the most I will do is trade sexual favors.... but no kissing...

Hahaha! This is why you're awesome!

Attachments

• +_4d57a915d8ffa78efa81d9a5e7bb7eab.jpg
    +_4d57a915d8ffa78efa81d9a5e7bb7eab.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 39
Something about sucking adulation?

I think we are officially WELL OFF TOPIC NOW. Fear impending moderateraration. I'm not going to try to put us back on, because these are the heady early days of near-freedom. HEADY.

Something about sucking adulation?

I think we are officially WELL OFF TOPIC NOW. Fear impending moderateraration. I'm not going to try to put us back on, because these are the heady early days of near-freedom. HEADY.

I didn't ask for this

You did ;) Back on topic guys, please, as requested by our kind Night City citizen Sardukhar :cool:

And hopefully we will have completely eschewed the pen for better means of writing by 2077.

I think what the other poster is referring to, is that there is a difference between better means, and having something do it for you, and you possibly reaching a level in which you don't know if what is being done for you is right or wrong, or not being able to act should your device fail.

Speaking of Google glasses, really, for one, it's not even a new concept, as student s in MIT did something similar back in the early 90s (albeit with not so micro components). And there are some implications of stuff like this that people don't think about, and if they do or hear mentioned, think others are full of it.

Am I the only one who thought that a gadget pen would be the most ridiculous thing in the future (even today!), ever? When I looked at that article I was like "But... Why would anyone write anymore?" All writing does to me is piss me off and make my hand hurt, and it's about 27 times slower than typing, for me at least.

Chinese calligraphy, as beautiful as it is, isn't being learned by everyone because of it's merits of beauty and tradition. This tells me that saving handwriting for it being a "traditional art" or something will never happen. Sure, if our technological society crumbles apart, we might have to revert back to writing shit, but... Does someone actually see that happening?

Also, is the correcting function meant to teach people how to perfect their handwriting skill? I mean, if not, isn't this gadget a bit on the ironic side?

Oh well, I guess I'm alone here. :cool:

"Electronic devices are getting smaller, thinner and more flexible — taking them into areas other electronics can’t go. One place is the mind."

And perhaps FOR GOOD REASON?

No, no, I'm sorry. That wasn't me talking. It was the lunch-doughnuts. Please forgive me.

If the only advances in the next 50 years are smaller instead of better hardware, then screw the future. I don't care how small my cellphone is, I care more about its features. Same with PCs. I'd rather have a giant gaming beast of a PC than hums like a Harley than play games on a PDA.

It's pointless to make more compact devices if a neural interface is not designed first.

Top Bottom