If you can only change one thing in this game what would it be?

+
Only one thing?
Being able to be something else than a Solo roleplay, like the other roles from the tabletop: Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, etc...
Wait, did they cofirm you won't be able to decide what role you're playing and the player is forced into being a Solo? Or do they made separate "origins", like Dragon Age: Origins?

Gameplay wise, you can be a solo, techie or netrunner, or anything between those. From the narrative point of view, V is a somewhat pre-defined character, (from the official description) a hired gun on the rise who becomes an urban legend by the end. You can choose a few bits of the protagonist's backstory, which will impact some dialogues and quests later in the game, although I would expect this to make relatively minor differences, perhaps it will be comparable to the save import feature in the Witcher series.

Only one thing?
Being able to be something else than a Solo roleplay, like the other roles from the tabletop: Rockerboy, Corporate, Media, etc...
I first thought about this as well. Then I realized it wouldn't really be changing one thing but overhauling the entire game, perhaps beyond the limits of possible.

So with that in mind. I'd say the aesthetics. I have seen glimpses of this but not nearly enough to be satisfied:

c3fb3a601343194ddad01c5e2a22fb10.jpg

That said, I'm still hyped beyond healthy at this point.

Are you serious? :confused: You saw one work in progress gameplay demo and you're already talking about things you'd like to change in the game?
It isn't done yet. It will change a hundred times.
But ok. the question was what the one thing I would change would be... :unsure:
I have no idea. I don't know what already had been changed since the gameplay was released. I mean, it is work in progress, so everything can be changing all the time.
I actually would play the game as it is now. It seems awesome.

Screenshot_20180901-170415_YouTube.jpg
Instead of a group of preset features would've definitely prefer slider based for more individuality of characters. This goes for everything from the face down, similar to that of Saints row 4/5 or fallout 4

View attachment 10976003Instead of a group of preset features would've definitely prefer slider based for more individuality of characters. This goes for everything from the face down, similar to that of Saints row 4/5 or fallout 4
just because we can see the preset , it doesn't mean we can't customize them later in a full cc . MEA for exemple had head preset and you could change more stuff (if limited) .

They didn't show the cc yet...hopefully , next vid will !

Sken

Forum veteran
Make the night time look similar in colour to the original trailer. The night shot of the city at the end of the gameplay didn't capture the same vibe.

Much more traffic, e.g. New York levels of traffic, and a lot more of the population slumming it in the outer areas of the city.

The drive to meet the corp agent and the gangs was missing life outside of the city.

Yes I know its a work in progress demo, and these things will probably get added once the city is completely built and layout set it stone, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Are you serious? :confused: You saw one work in progress gameplay demo and you're already talking about things you'd like to change in the game?
It isn't done yet. It will change a hundred times.
You are right in that the game will probably change a lot between now and release, but it's still cool to offer suggestions and feedback as to what we'd like to see.

The only thing they don't need is bug reports (they know) and entitled demands saying 'do this or else'.

The gunplay, it really needs to get better imo. That’s why we need to be vocal about the fact we dislike it and that it should be changed. So gunplay or the writing. The writing we were showed is pretty bad tbh
What is so bad about the gunplay? That is extremely vague statement with no basis in reality!

A true REDKit better then the GECK or Creation kit for Fallout/The Elder Scrolls.
Skyrim released as a big bugged mess, but mods made the game what it is today. Plus almost any other request being made in this thread could be done with (good) mods.

You are right in that the game will probably change a lot between now and release, but it's still cool to offer suggestions and feedback as to what we'd like to see.

The only thing they don't need is bug reports (they know) and entitled demands saying 'do this or else'.
That's true.
For now I am way too hyped to provide any constructive feedback.

Though... One thing I'd like to see in the game is the option to click "pause" while choosing an answer during a conversation. Because I may need the time to think it through. But I'm pretty sure that will be done.

I'd put the Attractiveness stat back in the game. Combining that with Cool really limits how your character interacts with the world . Cool used to just represent how you stood up under pressure. In the video game this will most likely translate into how easy it is to get through a mission non-violently. Attractiveness on the other hand is how people responded to you based on your looks and charm. Now you can't be ugly and cool at the same time. .. you can only be cool and attractive (non-violent path) or ugly and cowardly (violent path.) Doesn't make much sense for a cowardly character to want to engage in violence at all. . but without attractiveness as it's own stat they won't have the opportunity to charm their way out of things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom