If you could choose 4 games to put into Cyberpunk

+
If you could merge 4 games into Cyberpunk what would they be?
My choice would be...
1. Mass Effect series (excluding Andromedia) unrivalled storytelling and deep character backgrounds.
2. Quantic dream, Heavy Rain, Detroit, etc major consequences of your actions and changing story outcome
3. Deus Ex MD gameplay mechanics.
4. GTA open world design and activities.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

The Witcher 3 (story driven RPG in dark, bleak setting, mature themes, great writing and characters) and Deus Ex (open-ended level design and wide variety of ways to reach your objective) are already there, so that leaves two more:
1) Kingdom Come Deliverance - clothes you're wearing to have impact on interaction with other characters and I loved the fact that certain combination of part of clothes could grant you almost complete invisibility
2) Alpha Protocol for its unique branching dialogue system

Ultimately ... None, for 2 different reasons.
First games like Starcraft, World of Tanks dont mix with Cyberpunk.
Second, I wouldn't want Cyberpunk tained with other influences more than needs to.

I would also womder, saying you'd like open world activities, good story telling or wide open landscapes or such things is something Cyberpunk could (and can) do on its own.
No need to "insert GTA here" slot anywhere.

Ultimately ... None, for 2 different reasons.
First games like Starcraft, World of Tanks dont mix with Cyberpunk.
Second, I wouldn't want Cyberpunk tained with other influences more than needs to.

I would also womder, saying you'd like open world activities, good story telling or wide open landscapes or such things is something Cyberpunk could (and can) do on its own.
No need to "insert GTA here" slot anywhere.
I largely agree with this -- it's a slippery-slope mentality to use with game design.

But, I think the general idea is using elements from other games as inspirations for areas of CP2077 that fall a little flat. I would choose:

1.) Melee approach as it worked in the Chronicles of Riddick games. Different, a little awkward on mouse+keyboard, perhaps...but when it clicked, it clicked. Oh, they were so cool.

2.) The "action" of guns from Halo. Not that Cyberpunk should ape the gun designs, but that different styles of gun feel really unique. Weapons could also carry more of a visceral kick. Sharper, scarier reports, recoil that feels unique between pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, etc.

3.) Open world play like Mount and Blade. Different factions have control or influence over different areas of NC, and increasing that faction's control affects things that are available on the market, what sort of missions appear in that area, etc.

4.) Limited, party-based gameplay along the lines of the mercenary recruitment from Jagged Alliance. A list of people you can "call" to help out with different missions. They simply meet you at a designated spot on the map and will join you for that mission. You pay them for the gig.

a faction system, something between fallout nv and crusader kings (YES!);
a very deep system, in which the factions fight for NC, with guns, influence and economy;
should also have AIs trying to conquer the city;
also need to have power struggle inside the factions, with sub-factions!
Of course, all of these ideas should be implemented to be chaotic and unpredictable. In other worlds, create a complex simulator.

"IF YOU COULD CHOOSE 4 GAMES TO PUT INTO CYBERPUNK"

"If you could merge 4 games into Cyberpunk what would they be?"

Interesting topic.

1) PlayStation Home, for its online feature, and different spaces being governed by different groups of 3rd party developers, offering a load of (new) items for sale every week.
2) Simcity 2013, for its build mechanic, so players could expend Night City building houses, roads, bridges, etc.
3) Conan Exiles, for its build mechanic to build all kind of buildings by the player's their own accord in Night City.
4) Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, for its state-of-the-art AI assistance to use companions, and its immensely immersive interaction with the land to climb virtually everything in Night City.

Fallout (1&2) for charactersystems and narrative design,

Morrowind for gameplay freedom, exploration and use of charactersystems,

Wizardry 8 for combat and character progression

And lets not forget Cyberpunk 2020 to tie all those systems and mechanics into its setup as the (supposed) sourcematerial.

Deus Ex MD - gameplay mechanics
Ghost Recon Wildlands - Weapon Usage; Weapon Sound, "Feel of Weapon", Party of 1 PC&3 NPC
Mass Effect series (excluding Andromedia) - unrivalled storytelling and deep character backgrounds
Sleeping Dogs - animations, feel of and for player avatar, ...

Last edited:
I largely agree with this -- it's a slippery-slope mentality to use with game design.

But, I think the general idea is using elements from other games as inspirations for areas of CP2077 that fall a little flat. I would choose:

1.) Melee approach as it worked in the Chronicles of Riddick games. Different, a little awkward on mouse+keyboard, perhaps...but when it clicked, it clicked. Oh, they were so cool.

2.) The "action" of guns from Halo. Not that Cyberpunk should ape the gun designs, but that different styles of gun feel really unique. Weapons could also carry more of a visceral kick. Sharper, scarier reports, recoil that feels unique between pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, etc.

3.) Open world play like Mount and Blade. Different factions have control or influence over different areas of NC, and increasing that faction's control affects things that are available on the market, what sort of missions appear in that area, etc.

4.) Limited, party-based gameplay along the lines of the mercenary recruitment from Jagged Alliance. A list of people you can "call" to help out with different missions. They simply meet you at a designated spot on the map and will join you for that mission. You pay them for the gig.
Yeah, and I considered that myself also. But to me it felt like putting in an element as how 'the other game' did it. And there fore I ultimately came to say 'no'.

There sure is elements I would love to see, but cyberpunk should do it on its own accord.
Saying something like: I'd GTA style world activities. It makes me think not just in the way of what these activities are, but also the how. And that is where I want to thread carefully, because many elements in their core are a good potential, but the execution as how they're in other games may not suit CP77.

Of course though you are correctnin it not being as black/white ;)

"IF YOU COULD CHOOSE 4 GAMES TO PUT INTO CYBERPUNK"

"If you could merge 4 games into Cyberpunk what would they be?"

Interesting topic.

1) PlayStation Home, for its online feature, and different spaces being governed by different groups of 3rd party developers, offering a load of (new) items for sale every week.
2) Simcity 2013, for its build mechanic, so players could expend Night City building houses, roads, bridges, etc.
3) Conan Exiles, for its build mechanic to build all kind of buildings by the player's their own accord in Night City.
4) Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, for its state-of-the-art AI assistance to use companions, and its immensely immersive interaction with the land to climb virtually everything in Night City.
Interesting... May I ask, what do you think about CP2077 not being an "open-world" title? Would you still play it?

a SHMUP would be niiiiice

piewpiewpiew piew piewpiew piewpiewpiew

Post automatically merged:

Some Manhunter 1988

A dash of DeathTrack

Sprinkled with some Future Wars

Maybe a hint of B.A.T.

Last edited:
The Deus Ex series, it does evil conspiracies well, narrative choices, MD had excellent controls, and you can usually save your friends.
New Vegas for it's companion and faction system.
GTA for the NPC's and open world interactivity.
Maybe Dying Light for its crafting system.

1) Skyrim for loot, progression system (ideally based entirely on cyberware), no level gated areas

2) RDR2 for how well integrated main quest is with the open world, interaction with NPC. But I'd be happy even with just GTA for the world reactivity, driving, police etc. Otherwise you can just refuse the open world design completely and make the game smaller like Deus ex. I mean, you need to much money and know how to make a rockstar game. Even Ubisoft with their 20k employees can't get close to that quality. Sometimes LESS IS MORE.

3) metal gear solid V for enemy AI and how open missions are

4)the Witcher 3 for choice and consequences. Nothing revolutionary, but give me the idea I just didn't "clean the area" after completing a mission. I want to see at least a dialogue about what happened to the guy I helped 2 hours ago. Think Sara the godling.

I'm not citing Deus ex or games from arkane because the level design for side quests in cp77 already goes in the direction of immersive Sims and it's good enough for an open world game. If only the AI and hacking were not completely broken...

P.S. yeah, a faction system with reputation would be great, but I'm only focusing on cp77 big flaws in design more than changing it completely. The game has already too many mechanics for Devs to handle, I wouldn't add more problems.

Last edited:
1) Need For Speed Underground 2 (vehicle ownership with private garages, modification shops and underground culture with faction progression)
2) All Points Bulletin aka A.P.B. Reloaded (persistent\radiant Cops or Robbers with many side activities like arrests, car theft, graffiti and robbery)
3) Crazy Taxi (CombatCab? Civil servant careers or at least repeatable missions with some kind of advancement and unlocks)
4) Deathrow (gory futuristic contact sports with seasons and ladder progression)

The one major game I've loved in my life that I would merge in a second with Cyberpunk 2077 is The Matrix Online (a stable and persistent online metaverse with seasonal, live-service content playing out over real-time, lots of replay-ability through repeating activities)

I'm not asking for the single-player title we have currently in-development/upgrade process should have ALWAYS ONLINE MMO features, so ignore that concept while considering my selection and their possibilities.

Last edited:
What I mean by GTA is that there are so many things to do that are not necessarily part of the main story. There is about 1 side quest in CP which has a racing challenge but that's it. Even a game as old as San Andreas pawns Cyberpunk for open world activities to do. Races, flying vehicle challenges, character fitness. Maybe a better example would be Red dead redemption 2 which is pretty hard to compete with when it comes to open world design of the mammoth amount of things to do apart from the main story, though its controls are terrible lol. CP showed a lot f promise up to the Pick up mission. The dialogue choices you made make a big impact not just in Maelstrom but also Meridith. Then after that it is like the game had a new director and it all went totally linear. The city feels like an empty tech demo that was not properly finished.

Interesting... May I ask, what do you think about CP2077 not being an "open-world" title? Would you still play it?
Actually I would and think it might have been better as not open world. I enjoyed the game more at the start if I am honest.

Top Bottom