If you could make an existing character a romance option in future DLC...

+
I just thought...

Maybe it would also be interesting to see the NPCs having relationships together as a result of your doing things (and not if you don't I guess).

I think that it would have been really nice for the Happy Together quest that Mendez and Barry get together. I mean, do you think they don't? Even this kind of thing would have made the romance stuff more substantial to the plot and character development.

Claire is a obvious choice, Maybe one of the band members that Kerry end's up working with at the end of his quests.?

I just thought...

Maybe it would also be interesting to see the NPCs having relationships together as a result of your doing things (and not if you don't I guess).

I think that it would have been really nice for the Happy Together quest that Mendez and Barry get together. I mean, do you think they don't? Even this kind of thing would have made the romance stuff more substantial to the plot and character development.
Barry and Mendez were work colleagues and I don't recall seeing any mention of it being more then that, or that either of them were gay... unless I missed something? Not that I'd have an issue with that if it were the case, but if anything it seemed Barry and V would probably have formed a closer bond. Even though V found the identity of Barry's deceased friend a bit absurd, the two of them still understood what it meant to lose someone they deeply cared about. Also, a little neighbours-to-friends(-to-potentially-lovers) storyline would not only be cute, but a reason to have V actually return to her/his apartment more often, so they could hang out a bit or whatever.

But I do like the idea of seeing a few side relationships happening, and maybe V helping to bring two people together. With all the dark crap in night city, it would be nice to be able to help bring a little light, just like Jackie tried to do. :)

Sandra, aka tubgirl. But, later on, of course. Then Claire also, the Afterlife bartender with the racing side quests.
Sandra and Claire are great choices, and both could really do with some more content with V. :)

I'd go for minor romances with Sandra Dorsett and Bugbear. I'd also go for a friendship with Flaming-Crotch Man.

I just need an unrequited romance arc with hanako.

Then I'd like some fixer options like Regina and Dakota and the bouncer from the mox with the baseball bat. I would even like them to just create new characters specifically for romance and dating like the way GTA 4 did.

I would like to join the Claire, Vik, and Takemura bandwagons please. Vik especially, after he was so supportive in my championship bare-knuckle boxing match. My in-game love interest didn’t even show up to watch me fight. Take me away, Doc.

Saburo Arasaka's granddaughter, she is the only Arasaka who does not appear in the game despite being named several times.

Who would you choose? What would their sexuality be?

As I've mentioned a few times, I'd choose Takemura. There's plenty of opportunities to expand your story with him (or rather, add the content back in that CDPR probably took out), and he would make sense as a straight or bisexual option. I find his existing relationship and conversations with V - especially street kid, but also nomad - fascinating. Takemura's honor, tradition, refinement, outsider view and experience contrasts nicely with our V and gives both characters something to learn and grow from initial assessments of each other. Not to mention Johnny's particular feelings towards Arasaka employees adding additional interest/tension/comedy to the mix.

Off the top of my head, some others I would love to see, include:
- Evelyn (who deserves so much better then she got) as bisexual
- Rogue as straight?
- Viktor as straight

And one-night stands with certain gang members or minor characters. Eg, Placide, Dum-Dum, Sasquatch, that owner of Lizzie's bar, etc

I sort of wonder how many of these were already options, or planned to be, before CDPR started to cut content...
punk moxie i never saw from corpo intro and clouds secretary

Let's see, the most I see requested are:
  • Takemura
  • Stout
  • Claire
  • Evelyn
  • Mateo
  • Lizzy
  • Vik
  • Hanako
  • Mox bouncer in front of Lizzy's bar (those legs in latex sold the game to me!)
And I really hope we get them all at some point, personally I think the first 3 would be the first ones in. I think again we should have them be straight, gay or bi based on what the writers think would fit most with their character and personality. But I have to stress again we are setting ourselves for more depression. Until we are sure that the romances we have currently get more love and time past the intimacy. More impact on the overarching character development of our V with our partner by our side. Currently I feel depressed seeing as there is nothing more I can do with Judy to get to know her better, any more quests or interactivity with her, she has no say in any of my future choices nor can she go with me tru some of the story. There is no way to show her affection.

And while I wish there to be more characters to romance and have consequences if I choose certain ones I don't want you to go tru the same emotional void with them. My fear is that if we have them put these in without addressing the lack of meaningful relationship after the intimacy, we will end up in the same state and will be asking the same for the new and original options. For me its Judy, that relationship is what makes or breaks the game for me past this point, for you it will be Takemura, Panam, River, Kerry or any of the new ones and we will still end up in a therapy session here together :cry:

I apologize since I diverted bit from the original topic but am all the way there with you just to give us more time with characters we are so attached to. These issues need addressing first.
  • Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.
  • Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindances she mixed up, have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.
  • More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult to implement more of, but its what couples do endlessly so please. If events follow based on the responses, great!
  • More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.
  • More intimacy; option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.
  • Don't make it too easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.
  • Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.
  • Let us take them with us in our car on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
Post automatically merged:

I have to add this too for purpose of explaining why this topic is important. (There was a now extinct troll around here misrepresenting this subject) Am sorry if this feels redundant, but I have to say it.

First of all none of us advocate for less gameplay features or variety in player freedoms if we wish for more romance or better interactivity in said romances. We are all aware of countless ways that the gameplay can be improved and expanded but we limit our investment to the part of the game that we feel most passionate about knowing that many topics and people already push for more gameplay improvements.

Secondly, the game's narrative, immersion and motivation for playing is by far more influenced by the romance for many of us than any other story or feature. Asking not to care about it would be setting this medium back decades. It is because you can have meaningful relationship with a character as a driving force that you have a more fulfilling and interactive gameplay experience. You can have your flying drone equipped with a railgun sniper rifle to scout your target and blast their heads of to mess some gang because they bad ya'll! Or, you could use the railgun sniper rifle drone to blast them off because they kidnapped your love interest to get back at you and you want to enact vengeance while keeping her/him safe. Which of these sounds like a better motivation?

Thirdly, gameplay for the sake of gameplay only will leave you feeling like the map is essentially empty and repetitive. And when you get more features and hear that none of them impact your decisions or story elements, none of them make you choose carefully which to go with and which not because its just a check list to go tru. Yes that is what you get if you ignore the narrative driving factors like romance or character involvement/development.

Lastly, there are no other games that have Judy, Panam, River, Kerry, Johnny, Takemura, etc. While there are endless approaches in other games to tackle your gameplay problems none of those games have these characters. And we can't ask for more time with them anywhere else aside from Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
Why not the mom of jackie? she's hot i think...also nothing's better then experience i think tho...

What about Angel and Skye? With all that happend at Clouds while completing the main and side missions they could be looking for something other than being a doll?

Or that guy in the crucifixion side quest? Would it be kinda dark? Yes. Is Cyberpunk supposed to be dark and ambigous? For me, yes.

Who would you choose? What would their sexuality be?

As I've mentioned a few times, I'd choose Takemura. There's plenty of opportunities to expand your story with him (or rather, add the content back in that CDPR probably took out), and he would make sense as a straight or bisexual option. I find his existing relationship and conversations with V - especially street kid, but also nomad - fascinating. Takemura's honor, tradition, refinement, outsider view and experience contrasts nicely with our V and gives both characters something to learn and grow from initial assessments of each other. Not to mention Johnny's particular feelings towards Arasaka employees adding additional interest/tension/comedy to the mix.

Off the top of my head, some others I would love to see, include:
- Evelyn (who deserves so much better then she got) as bisexual
- Rogue as straight?
- Viktor as straight

And one-night stands with certain gang members or minor characters. Eg, Placide, Dum-Dum, Sasquatch, that owner of Lizzie's bar, etc

I sort of wonder how many of these were already options, or planned to be, before CDPR started to cut content...

Some of the character designs are so striking and physically attractive (male and female). The possibilities were all there in the vision of the artists - the narratives just didn't *ahem* rise to the occasion. Goddamn this game and its roads not taken!

Top Bottom