If you could make an existing character a romance option in future DLC...

+
Who would you choose? What would their sexuality be?

As I've mentioned a few times, I'd choose Takemura. There's plenty of opportunities to expand your story with him (or rather, add the content back in that CDPR probably took out), and he would make sense as a straight or bisexual option. I find his existing relationship and conversations with V - especially street kid, but also nomad - fascinating. Takemura's honor, tradition, refinement, outsider view and experience contrasts nicely with our V and gives both characters something to learn and grow from initial assessments of each other. Not to mention Johnny's particular feelings towards Arasaka employees adding additional interest/tension/comedy to the mix.

Off the top of my head, some others I would love to see, include:
- Evelyn (who deserves so much better then she got) as bisexual
- Rogue as straight?
- Viktor as straight

And one-night stands with certain gang members or minor characters. Eg, Placide, Dum-Dum, Sasquatch, that owner of Lizzie's bar, etc

I sort of wonder how many of these were already options, or planned to be, before CDPR started to cut content...

Last edited:
A share your ideas 100%. I have fallen in love with Takemura and I really want him to be a bisexual love interest. I love everything about his and V's relationship, same as you described.

What I really really hoped for, and at the meginning I even went back to himmultiple times to see if I opened up new options, was the bartender at Lizzi's bar. I feel he would have made a perfect gay or even bisexual romance option.

Same goes for the bartender girl at the Afterlife.

There are many really good characters in the game tbh thatget very little screen time but would love to explore them further.

Hell, Kerry who is the gay option needs a lot more screen time an exploring to really care for him.

Don't find her attractive, but maybe Lizzy, the golden singer pop idol.
I mean you do convince her to break it off with her current.
She has that insane crazy vibe that would make for an interesting romantic quest line.
That sounds pretty interesting, actually. At the very least a fling would be fun.

I want Barry fixed and romanceable or perhaps the male and female cops that are involved. They'd have to make him/them romanceable by males! Easily bisexual.

It was a turtle???

Lizzy all the way. If you become a NIght City Legend you need a Night City noble or Legend to date. The Arasaka Princess would also be an option if you expand the ending.

Because you literally save her, her family and her entire company if you so choose. And it would be a big middle finger to Arasaka in general if you so choose. Johnny wanted to destroy them? V simply takes over the entire company.

That at least would make sense if you play a corp character. Get fired from arasaka. Come back marry the princess and take over the entire company. If that ain't a good approach to a romance quest line i dont know what is.

A share your ideas 100%. I have fallen in love with Takemura and I really want him to be a bisexual love interest. I love everything about his and V's relationship, same as you described.

What I really really hoped for, and at the meginning I even went back to himmultiple times to see if I opened up new options, was the bartender at Lizzi's bar. I feel he would have made a perfect gay or even bisexual romance option.

Same goes for the bartender girl at the Afterlife.

There are many really good characters in the game tbh thatget very little screen time but would love to explore them further.

Hell, Kerry who is the gay option needs a lot more screen time an exploring to really care for him.
I remember there was a lot of people wanting the bartender as a romance option, too, and I thought his personality - what we saw of it - was interesting, so +1 to that!

My only problem with Kerry is his... agenda with Johnny. I just find it hard to imagine him truly romantic with V as long as he's just living out his fantasy of getting with Johnny, and V is the closest way to do that. If anything it would be okay if it started that way but really built upon the relationship where he came to fall for V for V, not for the passenger in his head.

I want Barry fixed and romanceable or perhaps the male and female cops that are involved. They'd have to make him/them romanceable by males! Easily bisexual.

It was a turtle???
I almost forgot Barry! At the very least it would be great if V could continue to check up on him from time to time and the two could become friends. Maybe even become each other's support system, since they both could have used someone with the state their heads were in.

The turtle thing was great, I especially loved Johnny's little sermon if you find the turtle's ashes. lol
Lizzy all the way. If you become a NIght City Legend you need a Night City noble or Legend to date. The Arasaka Princess would also be an option if you expand the ending.

Because you literally save her, her family and her entire company if you so choose. And it would be a big middle finger to Arasaka in general if you so choose. Johnny wanted to destroy them? V simply takes over the entire company.

That at least would make sense if you play a corp character. Get fired from arasaka. Come back marry the princess and take over the entire company. If that ain't a good approach to a romance quest line i dont know what is.
Oooh I love that Hanako Arasaka idea! I haven't played the corpo lifepath yet but from what I've heard corpo V moved furthest from his roots in this storyline, with no real chance to truly use his corpo experience to elevate himself in that world and make a mark. A bit of Lizzie and/or Hanako would certainly make corpo V more important then the game is letting him be right now.

What's all that crap about romance? Play a dating or sex simulator....

I would rather have more RPG elements like fractions, mattering choices, building a base/ buying plus furnishing houses, car customization, a companion to fight with you or other mini games. There's so much missing and people complain over romances. Sad times to be alive!

I would rather have more RPG elements like fractions, mattering choices, building a base/ buying plus furnishing houses, car customization, a companion to fight with you or other mini games. There's so much missing and people complain over romances. Sad times to be alive!
Romances are a RPG element.
Post automatically merged:

I want a romance option with Judy as a male V. Throughout the gameplay when I asked her is it a date or you look good in wet suit, it was very cold reply. It shouldn't be like she is into girls that means he doesn't have estrogen for male V. Could make her bi though. She is a very interesting character and shouldnt just be available as romance option for female v.
She's a lesbian. The characters aren't interchangeable. As V, you have the choice to do whatever. The NPC have their choices.

Romances are a RPG element

If you read carefully than you would have seen that I wrote RPG elements "like". Never stating that romances aren't one. In my opinion just not as important as other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Romances are a RPG element.
Post automatically merged:

She's a lesbian. The characters aren't interchangeable. As V, you have the choice to do whatever. The NPC have their choices.
I agree with you cant do anything about NPC. Only devs can do that, I merely shared my experience, and I want her to be an option, or atleast meet her again in future dlc... A little bit of affectionate will do a fan service... (Not just my viewpoint, there are plenty of players who wants this)

What is the relevance of your comment in relation to this topic, even? I wasn't asking what you want to see in the game, I was asking which existing characters you'd like to as romance option. A more relevant reply from you would have been, 'none'.
Also, romances is one of the aspects that is missing, or flawed. Just because you're not a fan of romance, doesn't mean there's something wrong with it, or that we're 'sad' for liking it because you don't. And as @hulkman2456 said, romance is an RPG element too.
It also doesn't mean that we don't see other issues with the game, just that this thread isn't on those.
EDIT: also, the importance or romance in an RPG is a a matter of opinion, and your opinion doesn't make it less important to those who want it.

It is my opinion to romances. Freedom of speech and stuff. Keep going and this thread might get locked. I can express it everywhere as I wish to.

Edit: Where did I state that any opinion is worth less? Dude get over it and stop interpreting stuff that isn't there...

I agree with you cant do anything about NPC. Only devs can do that, I merely shared my experience, and I want her to be an option, or atleast meet her again in future dlc... A little bit of affectionate will do a fan service... (Not just my viewpoint, there are plenty of players who wants this)
Replay as female V. You can't do a romance with Kerry as female V. It gives you a reason to replay the game. If you want to see all the romances. I'm replaying the game now as Male V. I'm choosing to keep him straight. Like I did with female V. So I won't have a romance option for Kerry, Judy, or Panam. If I do other playthrough's. I'll make them gay, and can do the other options. But they could have allowed you to switch genders on the fly. I'm honestly surpised this wasn't a built in game mechanic. As a way to avoid cops. Or even story points for story characters.

Last edited:
A lesbian can't be "affectionate" to a male. It's what it is. Judy will only be affectionate to women, because she likes them. If you mean as a friend, then yes, she can consider a male V to be her bud as it shows in the main game.

Top Bottom