If you could make an existing character a romance option in future DLC...

+
Melissa Rory. The MaxTac Lieutenant should be bi. You meet her after a cyberpsycho attack in the high-end clothing shop in city center.

Honestly, I'd love just them to add more romances and actually making them something that does indeed have major impacts on your character's journey throughout the game.

In 2019, Paweł Sasko told PC Gamer, "Romancing is something heavily present in Cyberpunk, and players will be able to form meaningful connections with other characters as well as go for one night stands…Since we're not bound by a predefined character like in The Witcher anymore, the game will feature romance options going beyond heterosexual."

The connections? Beyond Judy, nothing really feels meaningful. You put in the work, you get the trophy, and then they immediately just sort of fade away into the background. There doesn't seem to be any real point to having them around anymore.

In 2018, Patrick Mills told Game Informer, "We've got NPCs that are gay, we've got NPCs that are bi, we've got NPCs that are straight, because we want them to feel real and that they have preferences as well."

Sure. You do have those NPCs, but it feels like they went down a checklist, pat themselves on the back, and called it a day: "OK, joytoys. One male and one female. Sexuality doesn't matter. Moving on, straight NPCs. Make a male and a female. You did it? Cool. Let's move onto the gay ones, do the same thing."

Takemura or go home! The way that dinner proposition text message led to nothing has left me and my V in shambles :( It's kind of obvious there's at least some cut content with him.

Overall, I'd love for more options to be included. I've seen people bring up Claire, Vik and Hanako in similar threads. Gosh, more meaningful story/character content in general please.

Regina, the fixer, she is one of the first to give a mission to you and there is the cyberpsyco quest, she and V have an interesting conversation after the gigs, V should be able to call her to drink one of these days.
But to be honest I do not finish the cyberpsyco missions so maybe it is room for disappointment.
Tekemura.
Maybe Rachel the girl from inmate mission, she needs same friends and chill.

Claire - someone who would be awesome to have more screen time with in general.

Saul - because that would be interesting to change the whole dynamic with Panam and also the gut wrenching horror it could lead to in a certain end game.

Honestly though - I'd be happy to just expand even more with the romances we have. Judy definitely gets the A treatment with screen time here - and Panam has the largest story arc outside of a romance - but expanding on all of them could do a hell of a lot more to make the game more meaningful. It certainly feels like the romances are all a bit rushed (Judy exception).

Last edited:
Who would you choose? What would their sexuality be?

As I've mentioned a few times, I'd choose Takemura. There's plenty of opportunities to expand your story with him (or rather, add the content back in that CDPR probably took out), and he would make sense as a straight or bisexual option. I find his existing relationship and conversations with V - especially street kid, but also nomad - fascinating. Takemura's honor, tradition, refinement, outsider view and experience contrasts nicely with our V and gives both characters something to learn and grow from initial assessments of each other. Not to mention Johnny's particular feelings towards Arasaka employees adding additional interest/tension/comedy to the mix.

Off the top of my head, some others I would love to see, include:
- Evelyn (who deserves so much better then she got) as bisexual
- Rogue as straight?
- Viktor as straight

And one-night stands with certain gang members or minor characters. Eg, Placide, Dum-Dum, Sasquatch, that owner of Lizzie's bar, etc

Viktor seems bi to me lol his dialogue with male V can come off flirty sometimes. I want my hunky blond haired Trauma Team romance and our dark haired MAXTAC guy from the early trailers lol. Like seriously... They had a lot of characters who were so shallow. Where's the depth? What's the point of having romances when you hardly spend time with anyone besides Johnny...

The way they talked up romances I was expecting a lot more. The amount of times they showed Placide people thought he was for sure a romance option but
like so many characters he's quickly introduced and gone after a couple of missions--- who thought this was a good idea?

Romance tier list:

1/5 - Judy, Panam, Evelyn, Goro
2/5- Johnny, not so much for the character (ech) but for the interesting dynamic of literally getting to go fuck yourself
3/5 - Wakako (6 husbands, 10+ sons, you just know Wakako got the SKILLS)
4/5 - Dum Dum, vending machine, the AI version of Alt
Godly, 5/5 - Saburo Arasaka - family oriented, successful businessman, decorated war hero AND immortal to boot. I just want my female V to blow up the Arasaka tower if you catch my drift

Female V gets a few dialogue options and conversations with Takemura that male V doesn't. I think there was definitely a cut romance there so I would say him.
I haven't played male V yet, so it's really interesting to hear that female V gets converation options with Takemura that male V doesn't. No good writer just scraps work that they've cut, so perhaps they can work it back in with the changes they've made since. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but my female street kid V will be waiting for him all the same.

Viktor seems bi to me lol his dialogue with male V can come off flirty sometimes. I want my hunky blond haired Trauma Team romance and our dark haired MAXTAC guy from the early trailers lol. Like seriously... They had a lot of characters who were so shallow. Where's the depth? What's the point of having romances when you hardly spend time with anyone besides Johnny...

The way they talked up romances I was expecting a lot more. The amount of times they showed Placide people thought he was for sure a romance option
Placide was definitely someone I figured would be romanceable. I was planning on giving him a ride at some point, that's for sure. lol

As for Viktor - that man just needs some love. Both him getting choked up at a certain person's funeral, and how he treated my V just made my heart melt. It also would have been so much fun pursuing him, knowing he'd probably be thinking V wasn't truly serious about an 'old man' like him. I guess I just really miss the genuine friendship and belonging that the prologue provided us, and found it a shame we couldn't really continue to interact with and stay close to the people we were 'close' to back then. Like Viktor, Mama Welles, Pepe and Misty. I want one of my V's to have that kind of meaningful friendship romance with Vik.

And speaking of, that's another character I'd love to see fleshed out into a friendship and fling - Pepe (the bartender at Mama Welle's bar). I liked him. I'd love to see V and him in a 'friends with benefits' setup, with a sidequest where V has to pull Pepe's ass out of the fire again as he gets involved in a few more bad deals. lol. :)

Who would you choose? What would their sexuality be?

As I've mentioned a few times, I'd choose Takemura. There's plenty of opportunities to expand your story with him (or rather, add the content back in that CDPR probably took out), and he would make sense as a straight or bisexual option. I find his existing relationship and conversations with V - especially street kid, but also nomad - fascinating. Takemura's honor, tradition, refinement, outsider view and experience contrasts nicely with our V and gives both characters something to learn and grow from initial assessments of each other. Not to mention Johnny's particular feelings towards Arasaka employees adding additional interest/tension/comedy to the mix.

Off the top of my head, some others I would love to see, include:
- Evelyn (who deserves so much better then she got) as bisexual
- Rogue as straight?
- Viktor as straight

And one-night stands with certain gang members or minor characters. Eg, Placide, Dum-Dum, Sasquatch, that owner of Lizzie's bar, etc

I sort of wonder how many of these were already options, or planned to be, before CDPR started to cut content...
I want Skippy to be on my side, in my bed all the time. Upload it into a body and let him shoot.

I am on my second playthrough, and Mateo in Lizzi's bar is still a huge heart-ache of mine. He is the most handsome character in the game!

I would love to see a DLC that focuses on the different factions/gangs in the game and you can work on either joining one of them, or earning reputation that unlocks more quessts, cosmetics and romance options.

I'd be a Mox in a heartbeat just to speak and flirt with Mateo.

Top Bottom