If you lived in the world of the Witcher, what would you do? Where would you like to call home?

+
If you lived, grew up, or were suddenly transported into the world of the Witcher, what would you be? Is there a certain place you'd like to live? What about your occupation? Say that you are a cop or a teacher right now, would you still desire a similar position?

You can answer as if you were in the world of the books or the world of the video games. I'm really interested to hear what you all have to say.

asdfasdfasdf.png

I think I'd like to live in Toussaint because it's beautiful and slightly safer than other areas. I'm a pretty faint-hearted individual, but I appreciate art and "fine" culture, so I think I'd fit in well. I love science and learning, so if it was applicable, I'd like to be a teacher or scribe. I don't think I'd be a witcher or a sorceress, but I'd certainly enjoy meeting and learning about them. I'm kind of a pansy, so I can't say I'd fit in well in places where I'd have to routinely defend myself...Maybe I'd learn!

A scientist at these obscure times of that era to shed some light and knowledge to the common people.

I would be at Toussaint studying all day under the sun with wine being my friend.

I've been waiting for a post like this for a while. Thank you friend.

Firstly, I'd live in Skellige. IRL I live in North Carolina USA. Its HOT, humid, and buggy and I don't do well under those conditions, however, I did live 5 years in Russia and I LOVED and THRIVED in the cold environment. So Skellige would be the perfect continent for me. Also, I enjoy being around down-to-earth people that enjoy life and I feel like the Skelligans are that kind of people.

Occupation wise, since Skellige is an isolationist nation there isn't much of a need to gravitate to combat, and I don't fancy roaming the seas and coastlines raiding innocent villagers. So I think I'd like to be a Tavern owner, I've always liked Skellige taverns and I find them fun, cozy, and just a pleasure to spend time in. Although the one thing I don't like about Skellige is it's lack of colorful flora but since I have terrible spring and summer allergies that is probably for the best.

Wish they'd come up with a Witcher MMO so I could do just this. I'd open up a Tavern, host brawls, dice poker tournaments, and drinking contests. It would be a real treat.

A scientist at these obscure times of that era to shed some light and knowledge to the common people.

I would be at Toussaint studying all day under the sun with wine being my friend.

That sounds like a wonderful life in a world as harsh as the Witcher's. Maybe one day you could spread that knowledge to any passing monster killers and make a few powerful friends. I think I'd like a life similar.

I'd probably gravitate toward Oxenfurt. If not, Vizima.

Oxenfurt is oddly a safer place, so I'd agree with you. It's nice as well. Not a bad choice at all!

I've been waiting for a post like this for a while. Thank you friend.

Firstly, I'd live in Skellige. IRL I live in North Carolina USA. Its HOT, humid, and buggy and I don't do well under those conditions, however, I did live 5 years in Russia and I LOVED and THRIVED in the cold environment. So Skellige would be the perfect continent for me. Also, I enjoy being around down-to-earth people that enjoy life and I feel like the Skelligans are that kind of people.

Occupation wise, since Skellige is an isolationist nation there isn't much of a need to gravitate to combat, and I don't fancy roaming the seas and coastlines raiding innocent villagers. So I think I'd like to be a Tavern owner, I've always liked Skellige taverns and I find them fun, cozy, and just a pleasure to spend time in. Although the one thing I don't like about Skellige is it's lack of colorful flora but since I have terrible spring and summer allergies that is probably for the best.

Wish they'd come up with a Witcher MMO so I could do just this. I'd open up a Tavern, host brawls, dice poker tournaments, and drinking contests. It would be a real treat.

What a fun life that sounds like lagantd1! I think I'd enjoy that life as well. Waking up every morning to the cold mists and snowfalls of Skellige just to go down to your tavern and put a fire on before your patrons arrive...I can see how idyllic that would be, having a warm, joyful tavern be a place of refuge in the harsh weather. That sounds like a fantastic existence, and very cozy. Thank you for sharing. I'd like that too, now that you mention it. I'm also not a fan of hot weather either. I'd go to your tavern! Y'know, if I could ever get my pansy self out of Toussaint!

IRL I live in North Carolina USA. Its HOT, humid, and buggy and I don't do well under those conditions, however, I did live 5 years in Russia and I LOVED and THRIVED in the cold environment.

That's awesome. I live in NC as well, but grew up in Rochester, NY. Snow belt. Agreed. Summers here are sweltering. And long.

Also spent 7 years living in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but did a lot of traveling. A defining moment that stands out in my mind was leaving Dubai in May (about 125*F / 50*C) and getting off the plane in Paris (about 40*F/5*C).

It was like being submerged in heaven. People kept telling me I needed to put on a coat. I kept telling them no. No I didn't.

But, while I love the cold, I'm not sure how long I'd be able to put up with the Skelligens. (Skelligans? Skelligari? Skelletians?)

Oxenfurt is oddly a safer place, so I'd agree with you. It's nice as well. Not a bad choice at all!

It's a college town, I can walk everywhere, decent economy, and even the vampires know how to kick back at the pub. What more could I ask for? :coolstory:

Last edited:
....but I grew up in Rochester, NY...
I've been to Rochester, NY. I love that city. The Wegman's there was the first Wegman's I had ever been to. I also went to Hammergirl Anime when I was a kid and picked out some anime stuff back when I was still into it. Man...I want to live in Rochester, I miss that place.

It's intense that you lived in Abu Dhabi, like dang. That's crazy, I've never been somewhere that hot before.

PFT. I realized in the Witcher that the vampires are the least of people's problems, lol!

First I must say that I absolutely love witcher universe. The reason is that I really dislike everything modern like cars , guns , bulidings , ... With the advance of science, techology (internet, satellites , cameras ) there is simply no mystery left in this world. Almost everything can be proven/disproven using modern technology.

Thats why I like history and older periods of time . Even in games I dislike modern settings and combat with guns. The witcher universe has everything I like . Set in medieval settings ,existence of magic, alchemy, sword combat, monsters, spectral beings and curses. People know about existence of magic , monsters , curses and they accepted that , is part of their life. Workers on the field are afraid to go to work because of noonwraiths, people are scared to visit well to gather water because they know its haunted . Villagers are afraid to leave home at night because of monster or wolfs. Literally my ideal version of fictional universe , which is reason why this is my favorite game of all time (of course credits go to CDPR who did amazing job with open world size, beauty, rich story , many characters and so many details and efforts put into game. )

With that being said I would like being a witcher , travelling the world, visiting all those locations and of course fighting and having good knowledge / education about monsters, curses, alchemy and magic. Probably would prefer period when Kaer Morhen was full of other witchers and not so empty like in last game. I think hanging out in winter with all those witchers would be fun.

If I really had to settle in one location that would probably be Skellige (beautiful land , climate, viking like culture , sailing and raiding others) or Oxenfurt as place of learning , and the fact city is beautiful.

Last edited:
Blue mountains or the mountain range that kaer morhen is located i love both of these places very peacefull and atmospheric

Guest 3847602

Profession: Kaedweni God of drinking (duh), location doesn't really matter, but somewhere around Murky Waters or Lakeside would be perfect. :beer:

I'd be on Ard Skellig. Snow and mountains but also beautiful fields full of flowers and forests just begging to be wandered in. And the sea, of course. :D

As for what I'd do, I'd be an alchemist and an herb trader who enjoys observing the wild horses on the island. :giggle:

Heh. I'd either be an outcast Dwarven dice-poker player, or an impoverished knight errant, who keeps encountering witchers in rather unusual circumstances. . . .

Thinking thinking...
I am way too grown up for my RL realities not to seep into my dreams. Therefore, seeing that I am way too chicken shit to be a witcher, or again, would be too scared and cold to live by that beautiful lakeside place where there is a lumber mill on Skellige, I, woooould, probably be a seamstress living in an urban setting. Safe and happily productive in my atelier, enjoying all that civilisation brings like lute concerts by beautiful bards, delicious ale/beer/wine with exquisite food, and of course deep conversations and high culture. Still, so as not to be so boring, I think I would spend some part of each year travelling around this charming and beautiful land, accompanied by a brave and attractive witcher who appreciates high quality and good craftsmanship...;)

Personally I'd love to live in Nilfgaard, we don't know a whole lot about their quality of life but it seems much better than the Northern Realms, as much as I love Temeria, Vizima is an ugly dangerous city and it'd drive me mad, so I reckon some small village in Nilfgaard would be my place of choice, jobwise doesn't really bother me, I'd happily do any job needed, maybe the village innkeeper or cook!

God having to put 10 posts on these forums is going to be hard.
I... I think I would be a lonely of the valley living in Kaer Morhen, witcher or not. Somehow I just can't leave the place.

The lonely keep, the history of the trials, walking it with Lambert, Vesimir, but also that incredible valley...

Last edited:
I'll be a Gwent Master, travel around the world to challenge anyone and become the world champion.

Kovir and Poviss is the best location for my retired life.

Last edited:
Good question. Would have to be Beauclair for me, without a doubt! I suspect my profession would be a sorcerer though, so I could work out how to get a portal back to the our world lol.

Top Bottom