If you stack mods of the same type, the text becomes wrong

+
Example:

Let's say you have a clothing item with 2 slots for mods.

You put a +100 armor mod into the first slot - Single bullet point says +100 armor

You put a second +100 armor mod into the second slot - Two bullet points, both say +200 armor.

It seems the value of all the mods are being added up into each bullet point which is confusing.

Example:

Let's say you have a clothing item with 2 slots for mods.

You put a +100 armor mod into the first slot - Single bullet point says +100 armor

You put a second +100 armor mod into the second slot - Two bullet points, both say +200 armor.

It seems the value of all the mods are being added up into each bullet point which is confusing.
yeah what counts its the total armor on the dress, the other parts are bugged

Yea, its very confusing. Especially adding a damage mod to a weapon that increases damage by 7, then the mod slot says 102 or something, then you add another damage mod and the number keeps gonking out. Sometimes the mod armor will exceed the item's total armor. Mod slot will say increases damage by 60% in two different slots which implies 120% but it means both mods are 30% and the total increase is 60%. It's very confusing even if you're aware of the issue.

Yea, its very confusing. Especially adding a damage mod to a weapon that increases damage by 7, then the mod slot says 102 or something, then you add another damage mod and the number keeps gonking out. Sometimes the mod armor will exceed the item's total armor. Mod slot will say increases damage by 60% in two different slots which implies 120% but it means both mods are 30% and the total increase is 60%. It's very confusing even if you're aware of the issue.

I've played min/max ARPGs all throughout my life and logged thousands of hours on the usual suspects and the stat system in cyberpunk is so unintuative and or broken that I completely ignored it. I share your sentiment that you don't understand how combinations of- or mods alone affect your stats. I've read about clamped crit chances, mods not stacking, perks not working etc and none of this is communicated to the player. These are things that should've been polished pre-launch.

And I'm ranting at this point but another thing is elemental damage. What even is this? They implement this from the pen-and-paper but does absolutely nothing with it? No meaningful elemental modifier on either armour or weapons and elemental resistance is a joke on the basis of the game being too easy on all difficulties. And the itemization has an overarching problem where I never felt like swapping my gear since they're fully modded and new gear had nothing to offer. There's no synergy between gear pieces there isn't even a synergy when it comes to different builds??? You just max damage and max defense and that's it, what else is there? There is no specific gear for netrunners since there are no gear stats specifically for netrunners. Same goes for stealth, melee, sniper and so on. Gear has zero inpact on the gameplay other than dmg+ or def+ which is just sad. It's like they wanted to add stats that allowed to emergent builds, like, movement speed but it's so tame and far fetched that you have to be spec crafting to even have a shot of maximizing for said stat and when you do it has zero impact.

Maybe I'm expecting too much from a game of this type but the itemization is so bad. And beyond stats/mods not working as advertised I just feel like there's no depth and I experienced everything there were to within the first two hours of playing the game. Nothing to build towards.

It is an UI calculation bug. Essentially what is happening is its adding the "base" armor rating for each added armor item. So if you have an armor item and add 2x armadillo you get both armadillo getting the base armor added, increasing the noted armor buff erroneously. However in the final calculation it is correct, so the total score given ends up different from the noted stat increase. Which creates the mis-match in values.

Top Bottom