If You're Wondered About Gwent Tracker

+
I just installed the deck tracker a couple of days ago, although I rarely use it. I just thinks its nice, being able to see what cards are in my deck, seeing as I'm switching between decks pretty frequently. I would not say that it gives me an advantage in a sense, other than it's easier than for me to keep track of my decklist separately. I kinda think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is, but maybe that's just me. :)

4RM3D;n7776640 said:
All card games have an element of RNG, yes. With good card games, RNG doesn't define whether you'll win or lose. However, it does increase or decrease your chances of winning.

Comparing Gwent with poker is a bad example because in poker everyone plays from the same deck. And also because, even with the shittiest cards, you can bluff your way out of most situations (unless the opponent(s) have really good cards). In Gwent the playing field is rarely even. You'll have to navigate through all the pitfalls and knowing your opponent's tactic does help a lot. But at the end of the day, if you don't draw the cards you'll need, you might not be able to overcome the sheer amount of power.

In short: having skills doesn't fully compensate for bad RNG, but it does help a lot.
Poker is math, plain and simple. Let's not continue this because it really is pointless to argue with someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

HenryGrosmont;n7778090 said:
Poker is math, plain and simple. Let's not continue this because it really is pointless to argue with someone who has no idea what he's talking about.
Poker is math and skill but also luck. If i raise with AA and i get a re-raise from a KK and in the end we go all-in because we both push, there is nothing i can do if a K get revealed on the board, i lose. So yeah skill is very important in poker but luck can't be ignored either.

Almaron22;n7777140 said:
I just installed the deck tracker a couple of days ago, although I rarely use it. I just thinks its nice, being able to see what cards are in my deck, seeing as I'm switching between decks pretty frequently. I would not say that it gives me an advantage in a sense, other than it's easier than for me to keep track of my decklist separately. I kinda think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is, but maybe that's just me. :)

DMaster2;n7779030 said:
Poker is math and skill but also luck. If i raise with AA and i get a re-raise from a KK and in the end we go all-in because we both push, there is nothing i can do if a K get revealed on the board, i lose. So yeah skill is very important in poker but luck can't be ignored either.

Yes people make to big of a deal out of it, it gives comfort not advantage anyone can learn their deck and calculations in just few matches. So i don't understand this crying.

DMaster2;n7779030 said:
The "luck" part is there for sure. Nowhere near the description in the movies and, apparently, people's perceprtion. Bluffing even more-so.
But you presented a fringe case, the chances of AA going against KK are exactly 0.48%. Less than a half %. In cash games, AA's value isn't that high at all.
lomvicmarko;n7780040 said:
Yes people make to big of a deal out of it, it gives comfort not advantage anyone can learn their deck and calculations in just few matches. So i don't understand this crying.
Apparently people need crutches to do basic things. Next thing they will need Gwent player to make decisions for them too... Crying my arse.

In short, I don't care if someone uses tracker. I do however know that he has less skills than player of the same win % who doesn't. Good thing CDPR think the same way. That's it.

Last edited:
DMaster2;n7781600 said:
In pre-flop with two players going all-in? It's the best hand you can get.
And how many times will you get that? I'll give you the exact figures again - 0.45%.

HenryGrosmont;n7782190 said:
And how many times will you get that? I'll give you the exact figures again - 0.45%.
I was just pointing out at an example of a player playing his hand correctly and getting busted at the showdown. It can be said for any hand, AK vs KQ, JJ vs 10/10, etc...

DMaster2;n7782470 said:
I was just pointing out at an example of a player playing his hand correctly and getting busted at the showdown. It can be said for any hand, AK vs KQ, JJ vs 10/10, etc...
Fair enough. But you are making my point for me: playing his hand correctly. Mike Caro wrote a book based solely on this. A poker book.

Cheers :)

HenryGrosmont;n7781080 said:
Apparently people need crutches to do basic things. Next thing they will need Gwent player to make decisions for them too... Crying my arse.

this is why schools should implement mandatory dark souls playthroughs...

RickMelethron;n7784440 said:
you are the one who seems to have a problem tracking which cards were played...
I don't have problems tracking them, it's simply not worth the effort when there is a tracker available.
For me it's like starting a campfire with the sun and a glass when you have a lighter in your pocket.

Last edited:
To all those that think the tracker should be banned - do bare in mind that there is nothing stopping someone from using a pen and paper, all the in match benefits the tracker provides a notepad would do too, CDPR ought too just work these features into the game.

Redcoat2012;n7800770 said:
To all those that think the tracker should be banned - do bare in mind that there is nothing stopping someone from using a pen and paper, all the in match benefits the tracker provides a notepad would do too, CDPR ought too just work these features into the game.
And that takes time and effort. Making it an acquired skill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator: That's enough of that, thank you. One post deleted, another edited. Back on topic, please, and leave off the insults.

Redcoat2012;n7801930 said:
That is not a skill, its a habit.
Hmm... let's see:

skill
skil/
noun
noun: skill

hab·it
ˈhabət/
noun
noun: habit; plural noun: habits

verb archaic

past participle: habited; verb: habit; 3rd person present: habits; gerund or present participle: habitting; past tense: habitted; past participle: habitted
    dress; clothe.

So it is a skill...

"the ability to do something well; expertise."

You yourself, that it takes "time and effort" and somehow believe that this means it is a 'skill'. Time and effort does not equate to skill, you could do something a 1000 times and never get good at it, at that point its just a habit.

Redcoat2012;n7808520 said:
"the ability to do something well; expertise."

You yourself, that it takes "time and effort" and somehow believe that this means it is a 'skill'. Time and effort does not equate to skill, you could do something a 1000 times and never get good at it, at that point its just a habit.
I wrote "an acquired skill'. After you learned and practiced, it comes easily to you, like any other skill.

HenryGrosmont;n7808610 said:
I wrote "an acquired skill'. After you learned and practiced, it comes easily to you, like any other skill.

That just is not true. I knew a guy with over 3 thousand games of LoLs worth of practice, thousands of hours, never got out of bronze. Some players play a couple hundred hours and they are in the high elo's, skill comes from talent not perseverance.

Top Bottom