If You're Wondered About Gwent Tracker

+
If You're Wondered About Gwent Tracker

Here's the official position. Bravo CDPR!
Capture1.JPG

i never knew why people felt the need to have deck trackers... especially given that they can look at the graveyard at any time.

i would like some way to track wins/losses, however. it's the main reason i used trackers in hearthstone

RickMelethron;n7771170 said:
i never knew why people felt the need to have deck trackers... especially given that they can look at the graveyard at any time.
Because it's a skill.
i would like some way to track wins/losses, however. it's the main reason i used trackers in hearthstone
Yeah, a stat tracker.

I use it because even stats and when I open graveyard I can't see anything else(Open close open close). It doesn't really give any advantage to skilled player so I don't think anyone gives a flying fuck about it.

I use it to make my life easier. Why should i spend 30 seconds remembering which bronzes are in my deck for first light or king of beggars when i can just check in a sec? As long as it's not forbidden i'll keep using it. And i'm not interested in tourneys so i don't really care.

DMaster2;n7771540 said:
I use it to make my life easier. Why should i spend 30 seconds remembering which bronzes are in my deck for first light or king of beggars when i can just check in a sec? As long as it's not forbidden i'll keep using it. And i'm not interested in tourneys so i don't really care.
rethaz said:
No, its an element of skill gaming remembering the cards etc.
Case to the point...
link: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5tljyi/suggestion_show_base_strength_of_a_card_upon/

personally i don't need a tracker I'm pretty good at doing the math in my head and remembering what cards were played and how many they still have in their deck, but someone who isn't as good at math and numbers is going to have a WAY harder time if they don't use the tracker. So in that regard i want all those people to use it so they make less mistakes and play better games against people who, like me, can do the math and remember the cards played in their head quickly.

DMaster2;n7771890 said:
I know, but i'm not going to waste half of a turn to remember each card played (and those banished as well that you have NO WAY to track ingame). If they decide to ban the tracker i'll remove it asap and it's fine, as long as it's not forbidden i find it useful.
Fair enough. Not my cup of tea though.
pallywal;n7772900 said:
personally i don't need a tracker I'm pretty good at doing the math in my head and remembering what cards were played and how many they still have in their deck, but someone who isn't as good at math and numbers is going to have a WAY harder time if they don't use the tracker. So in that regard i want all those people to use it so they make less mistakes and play better games against people who, like me, can do the math and remember the cards played in their head quickly.
The whole point is to develop that skill. I mean, what if no poker player has ever made mistakes? Let's just have machines do the simulations and that's it.
Removing human factor is making it extremely boring, i.e. RNG only.

HenryGrosmont;n7773110 said:
Fair enough. Not my cup of tea though.

The whole point is to develop that skill. I mean, what if no poker player has ever made mistakes? Let's just have machines do the simulations and that's it.
Your point is fair and i don't contest it. It's just laziness on my part. But i do like the fact that gwent tracker keep track of banished cards and base strenght of the cards along with winrate, matchups, etc...
It's a nice commodity if you want to be a bit serious on the game.

DMaster2;n7773290 said:
Your point is fair and i don't contest it. It's just laziness on my part. But i do like the fact that gwent tracker keep track of banished cards and base strenght of the cards along with winrate, matchups, etc...
It's a nice commodity if you want to be a bit serious on the game.
Tracking base strength and many stats would be great. And the devs said something about implementing it. In the same link I provided before, I recall.
I just want to ask, are there so many banished cards we can't pay attention even to that? But I completely understand the laziness. Have it myself.

if deck trackers wont be banned then there should be one built into the game

taking a dualistic stance like blizzard on such serious gameplay matter "we dont support it but dont prohibit either" is showing indifference towards the player base and i believe CDPR are better than that

Generally speaking I think its a good addition imo. Usual (real life) card games dont have it because it doesnt make sense to open your deck and lookup what cards are left but there is one thing that makes a tracker reasonable I think.
And that is the diversity and change of decks. Not everyone does that but I personally like to experiment with decks here and there and if you have to remember what cards are left every time you make a new deck its quite painful D:
I wouldnt even say this has something to do with skill its just a nice QoL thing that really helps out and makes stuff like experimental decks more easy to do.
I mean in the end I think most people play this game to enjoy it and if its less fun if you have to remember all cards with every deck then I fail to see the point why this shouldnt be the thing just for the sake of some "skilled" players :D

DMaster2;n7771890 said:
know, but i'm not going to waste half of a turn to remember each card played (and those banished as well that you have NO WAY to track ingame). If they decide to ban the tracker i'll remove it asap and it's fine, as long as it's not forbidden i find it useful.

dude... here's how you do it: if you play 3 copies of priestess of freya, and there are two in your graveyard, there's one priestess of freya in your deck.

HenryGrosmont;n7773110 said:

I thought the whole point was to have fun...... but whatever to each his own, i just think if it doesn't give you an advantage other then being able to see everything easier, and it helps the people who struggle keeping track and doing the math on their own, then let them use it........ and to your whole RNG statement almost every single card game is RNG, poker, go fish, crazy eights, you name it it's probably RNG, you dont get the right cards you don't win, its simple at least gwent is more stratagy then RNG but to completely remove RNG would mean it probably wouldn't be a card game anymore.....

pallywal;n7774560 said:
I thought the whole point was to have fun......
Developing skill isn't fun?
pallywal;n7774560 said:
but whatever to each his own, i just think if it doesn't give you an advantage other then being able to see everything easier, and it helps the people who struggle keeping track and doing the math on their own, then let them use it........ and to your whole RNG statement almost every single card game is RNG, poker, go fish, crazy eights, you name it it's probably RNG, you dont get the right cards you don't win, its simple at least gwent is more stratagy then RNG but to completely remove RNG would mean it probably wouldn't be a card game anymore.....
Your post is so far from reality. Just a small example, if RNG defined poker, same players wouldn't be winning years after years. Thinking that a drawn hand defines your wins/losses is a skilless approach, I am afraid.

RickMelethron;n7774210 said:
dude... here's how you do it: if you play 3 copies of priestess of freya, and there are two in your graveyard, there's one priestess of freya in your deck.
Well no sheet man, how would i do without tips like this one...

pallywal;n7774560 said:
and to your whole RNG statement almost every single card game is RNG, poker, go fish, crazy eights, you name it it's probably RNG, you dont get the right cards you don't win, its simple at least gwent is more stratagy then RNG but to completely remove RNG would mean it probably wouldn't be a card game anymore.....
HenryGrosmont;n7774750 said:
if RNG defined poker, same players wouldn't be winning years after years. Thinking that a drawn hand defines your wins/losses is a skilless approach, I am afraid

All card games have an element of RNG, yes. With good card games, RNG doesn't define whether you'll win or lose. However, it does increase or decrease your chances of winning.

Comparing Gwent with poker is a bad example because in poker everyone plays from the same deck. And also because, even with the shittiest cards, you can bluff your way out of most situations (unless the opponent(s) have really good cards). In Gwent the playing field is rarely even. You'll have to navigate through all the pitfalls and knowing your opponent's tactic does help a lot. But at the end of the day, if you don't draw the cards you'll need, you might not be able to overcome the sheer amount of power.

In short: having skills doesn't fully compensate for bad RNG, but it does help a lot.

Looking through your graveyard is clunky as hell
A simple list (like the decktracker does) would be a lot better
Also, you cant deny that finding the target of your Alzurs DC or KoB is A LOT easier and faster with a decktracker, which gives you more time for decisions and less time calculating results.

Top Bottom