Igni build is way too Overpowered. It needs a nerf.

+
i used Igni to get through W1 and W2 in around 2 weeks (playing only a few hours a day on weekdays as I am working) on normal settings.

It is quite overpowered and u only need this skill to win. I never ever dodge or anything though I roll around alot in W2 and W3. Aard works very well in W1 too but not so in W2 and W3.

I'll say it again. I tried going the Igni route, and found it to not be that great.

Let me ask someone this: What do you do when you run into an enemy that is immune to burning? Is there some secret I'm missing? Because I don't understand how you can say that Igni is overpowered and can win any battle by pressing one button, when there are enemies that:

a) can't be burned by igni

b) can't be stunlocked by igni

What's the secret? Because I would like to try it. Maybe it's just cuz I'm playing on Death March, and the Igni build is only effective on lower difficulties.

The only balance changes the devs should be worried about are quest rewards(should be buffed) and quest level balance based around those changes. Just feels like I'm constantly scrounging for gold/xp unless I power through the main quest line.

The only balance changes the devs should be worried about are quest rewards(should be buffed) and quest level balance based around those changes. Just feels like I'm constantly scrounging for gold/xp unless I power through the main quest line.

I agree you do like a set of main quets and get 4 levels in 2 hours but you can spend a whole day on side quests and contracts and get bupkis.

We need a nerf in the experience in the main quest. I just lvl 4 times doing the quest in Novigrad, too much.

how about this :

- try more efficient builds , because you most likely have everything in signes/igni at your level and the day you will be forced to melee combat you'll get killed

- rise the game difficulty instead of playing on normal/easy and spamming igni

am not even even half my way into a possible igni build and yet you want it nerfed, just because YOU think its op , right lets balance it around your specific preference for a single player game

Wild hunt bosses and golems immune to Igni combustion and are not much susceptible to be interrupted with it. Also there are much easier ways to win fights with just properly timed hits (seriously, killed Eredin on first attempt standing right in front of him and hitting strong attack before he starts attacking). Igni is not OP, but I'm afraid that devs will anyways start their rebalancing patches like they did in W2 (the heck they did with Quen?).

I think the forum moderators should ban nerf requesters before this place becomes like the MMO forums - not worth reading.

no, igni is perfect as it is, its power depends on how many skills you have or assign to it and how you use it and the enemy

It boggles my mind that there are so many people who don't get that balance matters even in a single-player game.

It boggles my mind that there are so many people who don't get that balance matters even in a single-player game.

If you put 1 point into the IGNI line and can one shot everyone then yes it needs a rebalence, but if your investing solely in that line it should have some power to it or what would be the point of having it?

@OP, I'm sure others have said it but in case they didn't here goes.

1) If you think it's not fun then don't play it. It's your choice after all.
2) So how does Igni do against the flame resistant monsters?

... but so is alchemy. Two concotions, plus permament Swallow? OP as well.
Yeah initially I thought alchemy was worse than in the previous games because of the various changes they made but its really more powerful. Point for point Acquired Tolerance has to be the best ability there is.

Imagine the game would be changed and fixed according to what other people feel.
I'm so thrilled that this is not a MMORPG.

Fun thing about The Witcher 3 is you can play just as you want.

You feel something is too powerful and you don't want that? Don't take points into that skill then, simple as that.

Don't try to set up laws\rules on how other people should feel about their power or play style, by asking developers to "fix" for you.

PS: Playing on Death March you can take two hits and you dead, so how can something be too powerful against that? Sigh.

Top Bottom