Igni Sign Power-up Problem: Fireball

+
Igni Sign Power-up Problem: Fireball

Has anyone ever had a problem with the right-click powerup for Signs? I am able to do a sword powerup attack by holding the left mouse button while a diamond appears and fills up. When I try it with my level 4 Igni, no diamond appears when I hold the right mouse button. The Igni just fires as soon as I touch right click. Is there a mouse setting or controls setting I need to adjust? I have a standard Dell optical mouse.

I had right click problems also but it was my mouse button acting up. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and problem solved.If you don't want to take apart your mouse try another mouse and see what happens. I don't think there are any settings to adjust except to change left to right button,go into control panel - mouse - buttons tab ,switch buttons, apply. Remember left click is now right click and right click is now left. you can try this out if no other mouse is available. Oh and one more thing I think you need to have your curser on a target to get a proper power up but not real sure.

Did anyone had the same problem? I cannot power up anything. Unfortunately, i can't clean my mouse... No access to inside (cheap mouse from tesco). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Aniczka81 said:
Did anyone had the same problem? I cannot power up anything. Unfortunately, i can't clean my mouse... No access to inside (cheap mouse from tesco). Any suggestions? Thanks!
you're at level 4 ( sign ) already?

Note that powering up Igni does not require you to have a high base Ingi level but you must actually take the apprentice line of talents for this! Its not the same system as sword powerups!

higher levels of sign power-ups cost lot of energy. energy cost of power-up might be higher then your max energy level. your energy pool depends on how many points you've invested in endurance. be sure you have enough.

I'll check later but I have dexterity,strenght and stamina on 3rd level and intelligence on 2nd level and I have Igni on 2nd, 2nd levels of all fight styles (some probably 3rd). Still I cannot powerup sword neither sign. As soon as I press the button, the sign or the first attack is released...:( That really put me off.Haven't played for a week now.

4th level of sword style unlocks power-up attack. not sure about your signs but you can't use sword powerup attack because of lower skill level then required. maybe there's same misunderstanding with signs - you don't have necessary talent.talking about first sword attack, you can also have problems with performing sequence attacks. to attack with 2nd level sword attack you must perform full 1st level attack and in right moment click left mouse button to continue with 2nd level attack. i'm sorry if i'm explaining something which you already know but that's just in case.

Thanks for help!! With sequence attacks I don't have any problems.Just read I can power up signs and I have all skils (except conditional ones) up to second level fo Igni sign...Just found out in manual ?(which I studied from first to last letter this time :)) about attack power-ups.Maybe I should upgrade intelligence to 3rd level...I am in 2nd chapter and I want to kill a few archepsores (contract).I know they are prone to fire..That's how I found out about power-ups..

if you want to focus on signs then sure, inteligence is the way to go. you can finish every archespore including kokakcydium by just igniting it and running away. rinse and repeat till death. igni is way too powerful but so is aard and group style.in my opinion igni fireball power-up isn't worth talent points but that's just me.have fun burning :peace:

oh, i assumed problem is solved after that reading manual part. if not i'm afraid i'm running out of ideas. surely it's something simple, obvious. too obvious to find out what. maybe upload your savegame. i'll try it on my computer

A lot of people have trouble powering up signs because they don't put talents in the right place. Look at this diagram: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Igni_attribute_tree. You'll see that there are talent points in the innermost circle, the ones marked "Student," "Apprentice," and so on. BUT you don't have to do this for the sword power-ups (e.g. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Strong_Steel_attribute_tree) or for the attributes (e.g. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_attribute_tree). Since the innermost circle in both attributes and sword skills is merely descriptive, many people assume that the innermost circle for the signs is purely descriptive, as well -- this is a reasonable mistake to make. But the signs are different, and you can put talents in that innermost circle. If you want to charge-up a sign, you have to.

Corylea - thank heavens for you.. Problem solved... Thank you so much.. Now I will sleep in peace ;D Thanks everyone for help.

You're welcome! The difference between the way the attributes and sword skills are handled and the way the signs are handled is pretty confusing; I did the same thing you did when I first started playing.

Top Bottom