[Igor + Scribes] Syndicate Completely Broken Deck

+
If you want more control with Igor you can always try to use him on lackeys in a crime deck along with Whoreson senior. I tried such half swarm half crime Hemmelfart deck today. It requires quite a set up, though, to get enough of the lackeys on the board without being locked or killed and i doubt it can be competitive in the higher ranks.

rrc

Forum veteran
If you want more control with Igor you can always try to use him on lackeys in a crime deck along with Whoreson senior. I tried such half swarm half crime Hemmelfart deck today. It requires quite a set up, though, to get enough of the lackeys on the board without being locked or killed and i doubt it can be competitive in the higher ranks.
What I mentioned by "countless failure attempts to make Cleaver work" was exactly that :p Crimes are bad and intimidate is also bad. I tried so many times to make Lackey work, but I just couldn't. You can't play crime until you setup Lackey and to setup Lackey you need to play crime. At least I tried a LOT and it seemed very weak and not viable even for casual game.
At the verge of giving up Cleaver, I came up with this new deck (which has TaxCollector, Sly Seductress, Tonsfold, the-guy-who-would-gain-coin-if-you-spawn-a-unit, and get at least one of them working with Igor). Surprisingly, this had great success. Just fun casual experiments.
Post automatically merged:

FYI:

Saves you a visit to the image editor.
I will (try to) remember that next time if I want to take a screenshot. I knew about the invisible name part, but didn't occur to me when I was going to take the screenshot. Thanks!

Crimes are bad [...]

yds.jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
So yeah, i did my townsfolk deck...

Town Market done right.jpg

(Sorry 4RM3D, forgot to use the hide name thingie. it ll take some time to get used to it)

Usually doesnt go this well, this is what happens when opponent barely plays any removal (i had purify for his single bounty)

Weirdly enough, a bit later faced a guy using this strategy in arena, that almost defeated me, props for him for getting it to work in arena.

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, what I meant was, in the context of Cut-up Lackey. When I tried 8 crimes for pulling Renew with Cleaver, it was just too weak. Dip In Pontor, Swindle, Slander are great crimes (DiP is a 6 for 5 with 3 damage, which is just insane), but when having all these, it was just bad. Intimidate engines are just bad as you probably have around 3 crimes in hand.

May be I am just a noob who couldn't make Lackey work, but I tried a lot.

Well, what I meant was, in the context of Cut-up Lackey.

Well, what I meant was, crimes in real-life are (also) bad. I drew a parallel there because you said crimes were bad. Oh, never mind.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Well, what I meant was, crimes in real-life are (also) bad. I drew a parallel there because you said crimes were bad. Oh, never mind.
oooh.. Now I get it. :cool::cool:
Thanks for taking time to explain :beer::beer::beer:

On another thread I was wondering if Igor wasn't too strong but people haven't gotten there yet (at first too busy with bounties, borsodis and freak show) and was told he's fine. Now it's here and you see rows filled with copies of bronzes cards, playing 2 or 3 copies per turn, making infinite coins or 7 or 8 self-boosting units. It may not be as strong long term but you can also make 3 copies of the arena ghoul in one turn for yet another 22 (7x3+igor) one turn swing points... SY has so many strong options that I feel bad everytime I play it against another faction, and frustrated everytime I play another faction against them XD

DRK3

Forum veteran
@Raziel_888 True that Igor can be really powerful, even broken (after all, it was me that created this thread complaining about it)

But if players arent using it, does it need a nerf? Also, it is always counterable, even if it's really hard sometimes (as in, having 1 turn otherwise igor+scribes gets out of control)

I've used pretty much anything with Igor by now, and he's really versatile - you can use coins to make copies, but also points, so ive used thunderbolt potions pre-emptively (1 copy each), Garrison and Twisted Mirror (2 copies each), Apothecary to heal Igor (1 copy),...

I also found out the Sacred Fire artefact doesnt just boost spawned zealots, it boosts ALL spawned units, so you can make "Igor armies" even more powerful.

(And yes SY needs a nerf, anyone saying otherwise is deluded)

@Raziel_888 True that Igor can be really powerful, even broken (after all, it was me that created this thread complaining about it)

But if players arent using it, does it need a nerf? Also, it is always counterable, even if it's really hard sometimes (as in, having 1 turn otherwise igor+scribes gets out of control)

I've used pretty much anything with Igor by now, and he's really versatile - you can use coins to make copies, but also points, so ive used thunderbolt potions pre-emptively (1 copy each), Garrison and Twisted Mirror (2 copies each), Apothecary to heal Igor (1 copy),...

I also found out the Sacred Fire artefact doesnt just boost spawned zealots, it boosts ALL spawned units, so you can make "Igor armies" even more powerful.

(And yes SY needs a nerf, anyone saying otherwise is deluded)

The only Igor combo I see as legit being overpowered is Igor+Scribe+Townsfolk.

Igor summons 4 scribes (5 total) then spams Townsfolk.

Usually you end with 3 or 4 Townsfolk and backrow filled with Scribes. It's a 100 point play for 3 cards.

The only Igor combo I see as legit being overpowered is Igor+Scribe+Townsfolk.

Igor summons 4 scribes (5 total) then spams Townsfolk.

Usually you end with 3 or 4 Townsfolk and backrow filled with Scribes. It's a 100 point play for 3 cards.

Let's imagine that your opponent was somewhat sleeping and let you do your combo. Then your row is full with low power bronzes, you will discard your last best cards and your opponent just throw off some 20 pts lacerate...

The combo is powerful but really greedy, not OP at all when you compare it to more versatile decks yet as powerful (bounties, SK in general)

Last edited:
Let's imagine that your opponent was somewhat sleeping and let you do your combo. Then your row is full with low power bronzes, you will discard your last best cards and your opponent just throw off some 20 pts lacerate...

The combo is powerful but really greedy, not OP at all when you compare it to more versatile decks yet as powerful (bounties, SK un général)

Getting the full 3 card combo off can def be difficult but if you don't full remove the Scribe and the Townsfolk, it's almost always gg. 20 point lacarate doesn't help.

The combo is very strong but almost all 3 card combos are. Again, not sure it's op or not. But it is probably the strongest combo in the game.

20 points lacerate (which is not run in every deck) vs 40 points scribes/townfolks or 30 points seductress without the boosts, without the coins. And if the last cards have to be discarded, it's just that the combo has been used without thinking and then it's a mistake of the player, not a flaw in the combo...
I'm not calling out OP or broken or whatever (I rarely do), I just think it is very strong, maybe stronger than other similar cards, and yet another tool in the Swiss knife that is SY.
Once again: easy fix would be to remove "zeal" and like every other faction, you would need to care for your good cards instead of just accumulate coins and use them for whatever you want, whenever you want.

DRK3

Forum veteran
As you can see in my last screenshot, you really dont even need scribe to make a crazy townsfolk play that almost no deck can comeback from.

The only solution is bleeding R2, trying to disrupt the combo (although it only needs 2 cards and lots of coins) because afterwards, there's no coming back. That screenshot is only one of many, the amount of players ive made forfeit because of my Igor decks, because i was so far ahead, its quite something.

On the case of townsfolk, it would already be powerful if they only triggered once every turn when you get coins from Tax guy and Imke... but you get one boost per each, its crazy, i can literally pass the round with 2/3 cards in hand, because im like 50 pts ahead and each turn the townsfolk still get +10pts of buffs.

Lacerate is a joke against these decks. Even if its a 18pt lacerate, all these units are 3 pts or higher, it wont kill any and only Francesca can do dual lacerates, but currently their more focused on Waters of Brokilon and Novigrad Justice anyway.

So, yeah, just had a match using my igor scribes deck against Arachas, swarm vs swarm.

Won R1, and decided to go for 2-0. Was able to pull the full row of scribes and was ahead by tons of points, but opponent hit me with 3 Zoltan Scoundrels for damage, for +50 pts! And he was still so far behind he still had to use his last 2 cards to win R2 (he was also pure swarm, with bone talismans and everything)

If he was a Glusty+ Artefacts deck he would actually have lost, but there's not many decks that can basically pull 3 lacerates.

(He was also Prestige9 i think, definitely not inexperienced)

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
This is probably not the right place to put this, but i think i've found a bug, and since its Igor related (kinda)

The seductresses is a really fun deck to play when you can get 4-8 on board, but i think they're triggering too many times.

I faced an Arachas swarm who used Triss Butt. to use multiple talismans... for 3 turns in a row my seductresses were triggering 4 freakin times! I was literally getting more points than his bone talismans buffing around 13/14 units!

So, when he used Onion Soup and Whispering Hillock, that created a unit, that created a spell, it should be 3 triggers, but somehow the bone talisman seems to trigger the seductresses twice.

Can somebody explain this or it really is a bug?

Ladies vs Arachas.jpg

The turn you play Igor can generate a hell lot of points, that's for sure.

And if you want to go full meme you can do Igor, scribes AND townsfolk's.

It starts like this
2019-07-18_1132_1-Igor_Scribes_Townfolks_1.jpg
And can end up at something like 313 points
2019-07-18_1138_2--Igor_Scribes_Townfolks_5.jpg

This is probably not the right place to put this, but i think i've found a bug, and since its Igor related (kinda)

The seductresses is a really fun deck to play when you can get 4-8 on board, but i think they're triggering too many times.

I faced an Arachas swarm who used Triss Butt. to use multiple talismans... for 3 turns in a row my seductresses were triggering 4 freakin times! I was literally getting more points than his bone talismans buffing around 13/14 units!

So, when he used Onion Soup and Whispering Hillock, that created a unit, that created a spell, it should be 3 triggers, but somehow the bone talisman seems to trigger the seductresses twice.

Can somebody explain this or it really is a bug?
Yes this isn't the place as it's about seductress ;) And her description says boost when opponent plays a unit. So when he plays a special it shouldn't trigger in the first place. But apparently it does. edit: my bad, for some reason I thought the bonded ability was doubling the bonus, rather than changing to any card.

Last edited:
Yes this isn't the place as it's about seductress ;) And her description says boost when opponent plays a unit. So when he plays a special it shouldn't trigger in the first place. But apparently it does.
they have a bonded effect that makes them trigger for any card the opponent plays.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@PatBasi I have tried Igor decks with pretty much all the SY bronzes that make sense: Scribes, Townsfolk, Seductresses, Ghouls, Tax guys, ...

At first the scribes one seemed the most powerful, but the townsfolk one has gotten me the biggest crushing wins, that thing is unstoppable after it starts, and since nobody is using Yrden...

Top Bottom