Iguana Pointless.

+
At first I thought it would be cool to get a pet Iguana, at first. Now just a time consuming pointless endever.

1st playthrough. After mission Playing for time, I went got cat food then back to apt.
Read shard and fed cat. Went to apt put egg in bowl. Slept and got cat. Then went on and played my normal playthough, but egg never hatched.

Before 2nd playthough saw a few ways to get it to hatch, but not one worked. So I did a bit of mixing.
2nd playthrough After Playing for time, everything same up to getting cat. Now I go to street and speed time 24 hour at a time with a 1 minute game time in between and checking on egg every 20 gays.
Took 100 game days to hatch. I used a calculator, hate keeping track in my head.

So long story short, 1 more playthough like 2nd only this time it took 180 days.

Now I did 1 more playthrough just putting egg in bowl and never hatched.

The cat is cool find cat food sleep one time, boom you get cat. Iguana on other hand unless you want to waste at least a hour to just get something you can only pet it is a total waste.

If they made it hatch at certain instances. After a Story mission then would be cool, but as is to much to just hatch it.

I don't, maybe you encountered a bug, because in 3 playthroughs, the egg hatched three times without paying special attention. I simply came back to the apartment after a long while (so indeed, after 100 in-game days) and the iguana was here :)
But it's like Nibbles, Zen Master Altar, Misty's dream catcher or all the apartment "decoration", useless/pointless... Just here to be nice...

But yeah, 100 in-game days is maybe too much. For someone who never skip time, it seem difficult to see the iguana before the end of the game... Maybe 40 hours of playing would be more reasonable, so 10 in-game days :)

Last edited:
At first I thought it would be cool to get a pet Iguana, at first. Now just a time consuming pointless endever.

1st playthrough. After mission Playing for time, I went got cat food then back to apt.
Read shard and fed cat. Went to apt put egg in bowl. Slept and got cat. Then went on and played my normal playthough, but egg never hatched.

Before 2nd playthough saw a few ways to get it to hatch, but not one worked. So I did a bit of mixing.
2nd playthrough After Playing for time, everything same up to getting cat. Now I go to street and speed time 24 hour at a time with a 1 minute game time in between and checking on egg every 20 gays.
Took 100 game days to hatch. I used a calculator, hate keeping track in my head.

So long story short, 1 more playthough like 2nd only this time it took 180 days.

Now I did 1 more playthrough just putting egg in bowl and never hatched.

The cat is cool find cat food sleep one time, boom you get cat. Iguana on other hand unless you want to waste at least a hour to just get something you can only pet it is a total waste.

If they made it hatch at certain instances. After a Story mission then would be cool, but as is to much to just hatch it.
Have to agree that it indeed takes way too long. So much so, that it more or less contradicts the whole story about V's predicament.

So much so, that it more or less contradicts the whole story about V's predicament.

But isn't it the same with everything else out of the main story? Like Fixer Gigs, Free Roaming, the need of timeskip to progress certain quests, or even the pre-endgame dlc everybody is waiting for? The story predicament was discussed many times here in several threads. A cosmetic feature is the last which matters in this regard imo. : /

Have to agree that it indeed takes way too long. So much so, that it more or less contradicts the whole story about V's predicament.
Agree 100%. The game wants to be about extended time interacting with the city. The story wants to be a two week rush through everything. It's also why I love the game but hate the story, and just ignore it except to the extent needed to unlock the city.

But it's like Nibbles, Zen Master Altar, Misty's dream catcher or all the apartment "decoration", useless/pointless... Just here to be nice...
This!
Most of the things you get in your apartment are gameplay wise useless but still nice little things to have around.

I wouldn't worry too much about the iguana. Though I do kinda agree with OP that it takes a little bit too much time to hatch. Somewhere around 20 day would be better IMO.

The game wants to be about extended time interacting with the city. The story wants to be a two week rush through everything. It's also why I love the game but hate the story, and just ignore it except to the extent needed to unlock the city.
This is the reason why I personally would like it if the whole map was accessible from the start. That way you could play around as a random merc who's trying to make a name for themselves and then do Konpeki Plaza and start the "race against time". It would also make more sense if a certain SC level would be required for Dex to even give you the job.
But as of right now, I try not to think too deeply about the story and just enjoy the game. I just use my imagination that in order to achieve the things I need, it requires a certain set of equipment, money and connections and in order to get those, you need money and SC so that means merc work on the side.

Pssst. One thing I find very cool is that V doesn't actually die from taking their sweet sweet*** time to enjoy the NC in-between of completing their game ending.

I wish they served more Jackie Welleses at Afterlife.

Top Bottom