Ill be milling all factions but 2 What to keep?

+
Ill be milling all factions but 2 What to keep?

So when I finally get my hands on the full game (ps4 player here) I've decided I'm set on milling all factions but 2 leaders included too have a decent amount of scraps to get ahead in beginner.question is what 2 factions should I definitely keep? monsters is likely a prime starter deck but what other faction?

You should play with each faction first and - if you really feel like you need to mill a faction... - keep the factions that work for you well and are enjoyable.

IMO it is not really a question other people should answer for you :).

Choose the faction that fits your playstyle and not what is the strongest in current meta. Monster's sucked pre-patch, now they are very strong. I for one would never play an ElfScoia'tel deck, no matter how OP it is because I hate elves. So it's auto-mill for me whenever I get a card from that faction.

I would advise against milling cards and just collect everything. try to learn as much as possible and play everything. Also there are going to be huge changes from patch to patch. Started decks offer solid place to start. Only way to get ahead is knowledge really not cards and what you mill is not going to worth much so its better value to keep it.

Milling a whole faction is stupid, not only you cut yourself some options but what if the faction you milled suddenly become one of the best one? You'll regret it.

DMaster2;n7815540 said:
Milling a whole faction is stupid, not only you cut yourself some options but what if the faction you milled suddenly become one of the best one? You'll regret it.
no it's not stupid because once the wipe comes all factions will be "milled" anyway. If you can decide for yourself which factions you want to stick too there's nothing wrong in milling a whole faction, alternatives would be to grind much more (for nothing, see: wipe) or pay money.

It helps if you are opposed to a certain faction as I am to ST though, thanks to Rad I've began to mill NR as well but not completely.

milosh69;n7815820 said:
no it's not stupid because once the wipe comes all factions will be "milled" anyway. If you can decide for yourself which factions you want to stick too there's nothing wrong in milling a whole faction, alternatives would be to grind much more (for nothing, see: wipe) or pay money.

It helps if you are opposed to a certain faction as I am to ST though, thanks to Rad I've began to mill NR as well but not completely.
But the op said that he want to do that on open beta (when he'll get the full game), which is well past the wipe.
What you do at CB is irrilevant due to the impending wipe but in open beta i think it's not smart to mill whole factions.

I would suggest do not mill right away. Wait a bit, level up to see what you get from kegs. Important as you'll prolly get some extra kegs after the wipe.

After that, wipe the ones you just do not feel comfortable with. For example i already hate Monsters regardless of the balance that will happen (hopefully soon!) to them. And i do like Scoia and Nilf looks interesting. Also remember they'll prolly re-balance NR too.

DMaster2;n7816080 said:
But the op said that he want to do that on open beta (when he'll get the full game), which is well past the wipe.
What you do at CB is irrilevant due to the impending wipe but in open beta i think it's not smart to mill whole factions.
this I agree with, if it will be guaranteed that there won't be another wipe when we leave beta and Gwent becomes officially released.

milosh69;n7816410 said:
this I agree with, if it will be guaranteed that there won't be another wipe when we leave beta and Gwent becomes officially released.

When it goes open beta it won't be wiped again that is 100% sure.

Definitely try the different factions first and see if there are some whose sets of playstyles appeal to you more than others. I've just been collecting everything, though it does make it slower to craft legendaries, so this isn't the best approach if you want to jump right into the high-end of ranking. But it's a trade off and I enjoy the flexibility, and plan to play Gwent for a long time anyway.

Heretik76;n7816400 said:
I would suggest do not mill right away. Wait a bit, level up to see what you get from kegs. Important as you'll prolly get some extra kegs after the wipe.

After that, wipe the ones you just do not feel comfortable with. For example i already hate Monsters regardless of the balance that will happen (hopefully soon!) to them. And i do like Scoia and Nilf looks interesting. Also remember they'll prolly re-balance NR too.

OP is a PS4 player. He isn't in the beta. So he won't be getting anything after the wipe.

To answer the original question, I wouldn't mill any faction. If you are really determined to get ahead by the scrap everything to the benefit of a couple things, this is what I would do:

Keep as many leaders as you get to start the game, and you get as rewards. This increases your options, and leaders only mill for 50 anyway. Mill any and all golds and silvers from factions that don't interest you. Do not mill any bronze cards unless you have more than 3. Keep all your Neutral Golds and Silvers, as they can play in any faction. Then find the two leaders you like and craft the best Gold/Silvers that play with it.

It simply doesn't pay to mill bronze cards up front. They are only worth 5 scraps a piece, and they will be the bulk of every deck. It's way more frustrating to have to craft 3 bronze cards to fill a deck later for 90 scraps, when you only got 15 for them in a rush to do something that might not work.

NewVigiL;n7814950 said:
So when I finally get my hands on the full game (ps4 player here) I've decided I'm set on milling all factions but 2 leaders included too have a decent amount of scraps to get ahead in beginner.question is what 2 factions should I definitely keep? monsters is likely a prime starter deck but what other faction?

It si pointless to answer now, they will be lot of changes to card balance and probably even a starter decks.

I milled everything except Skellige and neutral cards - but this was after experimenting a little with starter decks and also deciding which faction theme I preferred above the others.

On a related note I am also a "main only" kind of player when it comes to rpgs or mmos - I don't like having alts. So in this situation I also prefer to go deep into one card faction instead of playing them all.

Sailears;n7818260 said:
I milled everything except Skellige and neutral cards - but this was after experimenting a little with starter decks and also deciding which faction theme I preferred above the others.

On a related note I am also a "main only" kind of player when it comes to rpgs or mmos - I don't like having alts. So in this situation I also prefer to go deep into one card faction instead of playing them all.

We all have our favorite style of play or theme fetish but we still have to play other decks just to see how it is on the other side and see if we can find some weaknesses to exploit, or general just to see how people think when they play. You can play against those decks loads of time and still miss something important.

lomvicmarko;n7818400 said:
We all have our favorite style of play or theme fetish but we still have to play other decks just to see how it is on the other side and see if we can find some weaknesses to exploit, or general just to see how people think when they play. You can play against those decks loads of time and still miss something important.

100% agree, best way to learn how to beat some deck is playing with that deck.

lomvicmarko;n7818400 said:

This is a good point and yes in other pvp games I certainly agree to try out all classes to know how to properly counter them.

But two reasons I felt secure in my decision to mill right now are firstly I'm impatient and am trying to work towards a Skellige weather deck (takes a long time to unlock certain cards) so I need all the scrap I can get, and secondly everything should be wiped so I'll get another chance to play other factions once the game goes to open beta.

After the final reset yes I'll certainly keep all cards rather than mill them.

I milled three of my factions to start (just keeping Scoia'tael). It has pluses and minuses. You can make your decks you keep stronger more quickly, but you limit your variety which can stink if you get sick of your faction, or if a patch nerfs the faction you build. Overall, I would say it depends on a few things. Ask yourself three questions

1. Do I really want to limit my variety considering the inherent risk?
2. Which two decks do I have the most fun playing?
3. Which two decks do I have the best cards for?

These are personal questions only you can answer. Personally, if I was doing this again today, I would answer the second question Scoia'tael and Skellige, and the third question Scoia'tael and Northern Realms. I think which factions are must fun is more important that which ones you have the best cards for ... because cards can get nerfed or buffed, but the basic tactics that work for each of the factions has remained at least somewhat consistent. So for me the choice would be ST and SK ... but that's based on my preferences. Make your choice based on what you like.

Personally, I still mill all my Monster cards, but have each of the other factions now. It will take time to rebuild the factions you mill. So be warned.

Rawls;n7818840 said:
I milled three of my factions to start (just keeping Scoia'tael). It has pluses and minuses. You can make your decks you keep stronger more quickly, but you limit your variety which can stink if you get sick of your faction, or if a patch nerfs the faction you build. Overall, I would say it depends on a few things. Ask yourself three questions

1. Do I really want to limit my variety considering the inherent risk?
2. Which two decks do I have the most fun playing?
3. Which two decks do I have the best cards for?

These are personal questions only you can answer. Personally, if I was doing this again today, I would answer the second question Scoia'tael and Skellige, and the third question Scoia'tael and Northern Realms. I think which factions are must fun is more important that which ones you have the best cards for ... because cards can get nerfed or buffed, but the basic tactics that work for each of the factions has remained at least somewhat consistent. So for me the choice would be ST and SK ... but that's based on my preferences. Make your choice based on what you like.

Personally, I still mill all my Monster cards, but have each of the other factions now. It will take time to rebuild the factions you mill. So be warned.

Gz on 2000 Redpoints!

To be honest, I milled monsters and northern realms some time ago, because wipe is close.. and well, I don't miss them. Will probably do the same after the wipe, ST, SK and NG for life.

Top Bottom