I'LL FLY AWAY - Long post

+
Hello everyone! Recently, having almost completed the entire game by 100 percent, I began to find out if I had done everything and collected information. It turned out that I somehow missed the "Road to Heaven" quest. I had to go through my screenshots, use old saves and think to figure out that this quest appears after Riders of the Storm and ends with the quest Don't Call Saul.

Do I understand correctly that this is not a bug, but the only time-limited quest in the game made for some reason? If this is not a bug, then I do not understand what was the point of doing such a quest. I mean that there are no time-limited quests in the game, the player literally immediately makes it clear that they are waiting for him everywhere, that we can even wind time as much as we like, despite the fact that the character has several days left to live according to the plot. And then, they secretly inserted such a quest, and even more so, with the funeral.

Why is this quest not immediately entered into the quest log, which I specially checked the whole game so as not to fail a single quest and was sure that I had not missed anything? Why is it just added to the map with a usual mark, of which there are several hundred on the map and which you don't even pay attention to? I've already spent half a thousand hours in the game, creating my character, I don't want to replay it, not because I feel sorry for the time, but because I have already created the universe for my character, meticulously and thoroughly. I played the whole game and thought how good it is that this game does not have time-bound quests, as in some other projects.

I am morally depressed, I recently had to replay half of the game just because, it turns out, I didn’t answer Johnny that way in one of the dialogues and my reputation with him was not maximal and I wouldn’t get the secret ending. And here, this quest for me was a few hundred real hours ago. Understand me please, I'm a sincere fan of the game, I just want this quest to be done in the story of my character. But I don’t want just a mark in the quest-log (with a console command or something), I just want to make it.

It's just that even in the message itself from Mitch it says "The funeral is coming soon." "Soon". Maybe I misinterpret this word? It seems to me that "soon" does not mean "we are starting now, drive faster, otherwise we will start without you." Soon I will have my birthday, in April, this is in a month. I understand this word this way. And here there are only about 10 in-game hours! At the same time, in the game, messages with a continuation are often thrown off, like from Kerry, that he is preparing something, and then another one comes, after a while that everything is ready, come. So it didn't even occur to me then, during the first playthrough, that I needed to drive there at full speed, I drove off to do just a few quests nearby, and then received a message from Panam and came to the camp thinking that I would do two things at once, but there was no funeral, and I thought, probably, it will be later, I will be notified about this later.

Why do that, why do such quests? I already have no strength. Honestly, it seems to me that I will never go through this game, I go through it all, replay it, then I answered something wrong in the dialogue that was half of the game ago, and this, it turns out, has more consequences than what I am for the game did not kill a single enemy, then because of a bug I did not have the "The Beast in Me" quest, then it turns out that I missed some quest because the developers found it funny to add one single time-limited quest, a quest with a funeral, very fun, this is a funeral - a great excuse for jokes. I spent a lot of time to discover all the secrets, tips, collect all the legendary clothes and complete all the quests and activities on my character. Should I ... start all over again? Cyberpunk is a great game, I love it, but can this game treat me with respect too, please? I feel bad about not coming to my friend's funeral. Yes, I am an empathic and sensitive person who lives through what is happening in games and films.

Guest 3847602

Have you completed "With a Little Help From My Friends"?
If yes (and you're no longer in Aldecados' camp), then it is a bug.
If you haven't finished it, do it first, leave the camp and it should reappear on your map.

Have you completed "With a Little Help From My Friends"?
If yes (and you're no longer in Aldecados' camp), then it is a bug.
If you haven't finished it, do it first, leave the camp and it should reappear on your map.
Hi, thanks for your participation!

I have already completed almost all the quests in the game, except perhaps in addition to some secret / secret ones. I have had nomads in the new camp for a long time. But I found my old saves and experimented a lot: the message from Mitch comes after the quest "Riders of the Storm" and after that the player has about 10 in-game hours before the call from Panam, the call that will start the quest "Don't Call Saul" - which will cancel Mitch's quest ...

Guest 3847602

But I found my old saves and experimented a lot: the message from Mitch comes after the quest "Riders of the Storm" and after that the player has about 10 in-game hours before the call from Panam, the call that will start the quest "Don't Call Saul" - which will cancel Mitch's quest ...
I've never heard about the quest "Don't Call Saul", are you sure you don't mean "With a Little Help From My Friends"?
Because what happened on my first playthrough is exactly what you're describing, Panam called to initiate "With a Little Help From My Friends" and quests like "I'll Fly Away" and "Gun Music" were removed from the map.
The reason is simple, those two quests are featuring Mitch, Carol and Cassidy, just like "With a Little Help From My Friends", and "With a Little Help From My Friends" supersedes them in importance, they can't be at two places at once, so the game makes them temporarily unavailable.
I did what Panam asked me to, started heading back to the city, about halfway there I've opened the map and those two quests reappeared.

"I'll fly away" is not exactly timed, but it is not available after certain actions.
"
After Riders on the Storm, Mitch will send you a text about Scorpion's funerals if you stick around the badlands, and a side-quest will unlock near Mobile Camp. This job is only available before completing Queen of the Highway. If you complete the mentioned side job, then this will be locked out. It is possible that if you start With a Little Help from My Friends, Mitch won't be at the location anymore as he moves in the van to start the next quest thus rendering the mission locked out too.
"

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers, now I understand more. Apparently the fact that I always came to the camp when other quests were active, I never found Mitch with a funeral quest. Every time I come, he participated in something else. Damn, this is the most horribly mechanically made quest that simply cannot be found or completed due to the fact that it is not marked in any way in the quest log, its mark on the map is placed secretly among hundreds of others, and the character is constantly absent from other quests and he does not in any way hint to you about his other quest. It's just a nightmare, I'm furious. :mad: Was it really impossible for Mitch to stand in the camp and call you to go with him there, to the graves? Was it impossible to make him call later or write that everything is starting? It was impossible to just add it to the quest log, damn it, so that when I saw that my quest failed, I rolled back 1-2 quests and replayed and not replayed 500 hours!? :sad: I remember what Mitch wrote to me. I remember that Mitch is a nomad. I come to the camp, they give me other assignments, I see Mitch, not a word about the funeral, well, I think it will probably be later or after the completion of the scenario with the nomads. And it was necessary to check the card every 5 seconds and check it every time with the card, which was 5 seconds ago, to determine if there was a new thing there. Considering that new stamps are removed by the cursor, and not somehow marked or blinked. No, seriously, I had this progress quest several hundred hours ago. :cry:

Every time I run around new places so as not to miss anything. I run around the nomad camp for the first time, when this quest was not there, I run around it the second time, when the Panam allowed me to go to the quest with Sol and also did not find anything new in the camp, I run around it the third time, when there was a quest with friends, for the fourth since I already think it's useless, I definitely won't find anything new in the camp. But it turns out that I needed to run around him for the fourth time, when Mitch was no longer involved in any movement and it was the time between quests. How could this even be supposed!? Why, if the developers didn’t want to add his quest to the quest log (which I cannot understand), it was impossible to write in his SMS in plain text: “The funeral will be soon, but there are still many quests with my participation, so if you come to do here is another quest, then you cannot do my quest, you will need to do the others first, but do not do them too far, otherwise, my quest will be lost. In short, good luck, lol. "

Last edited:
Top Bottom