I'll give my feedback, and I think a lot of people (will) agree

+
Hi Rethas,
I want to add another point I perceive as problem from what I've experienced: the disparity of the cardtext.
There are simply so many mechanic (abilities) which is confusing enough, but each individual card has its own version of the mechanic. (Thaler vs Avallac'h for example). I really can't see the different purposes of bold text at the beginning of and the actual explanation below the description.
Please either shed some light on me, or do some re-arranging.

Much love.
P.s I love fancy cardtext. Remove description altogether and gimme some quotes :<

Hi Rethas,
I want to add another point I perceive as problem from what I've experienced: the disparity of the cardtext.
There are simply so many mechanic (abilities) which is confusing enough, but each individual card has its own version of the mechanic. (Thaler vs Avallac'h for example). I really can't see the different purposes of bold text at the beginning of and the actual explanation below the description.
Please either shed some light on me, or do some re-arranging.

Much love.
P.s I love fancy cardtext. Remove description altogether and gimme some quotes :<

I think thats why they decided to get rid of all those ability icons on cards. Because you can have like 5 medics in a deck and each of them will work slightly different. So putting the same medic ability icon on all of them is pointless since you would need to read the text anyway to know how it exaly works. So those icons would be useless anyway and whitout them all the cards looks much more cleaner imo.

With the text thing i think they simply didnt updated proper descriptions on cards yet. So we had like old descriptions on cards with new mechanics, but i can be wrong here. But yea alot of cards need a better description on how they exacly works.

Hey thank you for that response. I actually agree with your assessment and this is probably the best time to go ham with changes and experiment with different mechanics.

As for other questions, here's two:

1. Do you plan to make cards have a symbol representing their faction (or neutrality) they belong to?
2. What about player interaction? Full chat (optional maybe) or emotes, if planned at all?

Thanks

I can't really give details on those points at this time, so sorry for that :)

At this time we do not have full chat planned as a feature, if you wish to chat you can add someone to friends in GOG. You will be able to challenge them to a friendly game through GOG galaxy also.

Full chat (at least text chat) is actually a pretty darn good idea. I recommend you guys think about implementing it.
Another thing. From playing MGSV I have experienced that playing multiplayer (even if you play against each other) is not that much fun if you do not have a way to contact people after a match. So it would be awesome if you were able to add the option to "send a friend invite" to an opponent after a match. I mean I guess if the names are shown you can also do that with GoG (provided ingame names = GoG names). Should that NOT be the case, definitely add that option.

each individual card has its own version of the mechanic. (Thaler vs Avallac'h for example). I really can't see the different purposes of bold text at the beginning of and the actual explanation below the description.

Those cards do something different and I believe you haven't seen Thaler in the KTS version of the game.

If I misunderstood what you meant please let me know :)

Those cards do something different and I believe you haven't seen Thaler in the KTS version of the game.

If I misunderstood what you meant please let me know :)
One thing I noticed in card arts is that troops usually kill or humiliate each other .. You can see elves,NR soldiers and Nilfgaard being humiliated but not dwarves

Dwarves are always shown as the victors.. Skellige seems to be getting the dwarven treatment too which is unfair although it's not that big of a deal but still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom