I'm a terrible person... No really, I am.

+
I'm a terrible person... No really, I am.

So, I decided to post that letter I was talking about in one of the other topics. I was assigned a punishment essay in my physics class last semester. It had to be 250 words and had to show that I realize that I misbehaved. And I actually wrote the damned thing, however I didn't actually turn it in (you'll see why in a minute, my physics teacher has NO sense of humor), I talked my way out of it. If you don't realize this letter is pure sarcasm, there is no hope for you.This is really what I wrote, no revision. The Letter: My goal in life was to corrupt the classes I attend by reading quietly to myself. Unlike others, who wisely choose to discuss their social lives and who's-doing-whom while doing absolutely nothing but using a blank physics assignment as camouflage. Receiving this assignment has shown me the error of my ways. I realize that what I did was reprehensible and for that I sincerely apologize. Other students have told me that my silent reading disturbs their irrelevant conversations, so I suppose I must apologize to them as well. And I will, in fact, do so! I will amend the wrongs I have committed, but I will do so only once I have a blank physics assignment sitting in front of me. I realize now that appearances, in this society, must be kept up for the universal good. My misbehavior in class today was unacceptable. I should have been talking or wandering aimlessly around the classroom like my more academic peers. Reading a book in class is absolutely unacceptable behavior and I realize now, tragically after the fact, that I should have done the standard in-class activities of texting and gossiping. I was in the wrong today. I will discuss the proper classroom behavior with my classmates and will attempt to conform to their high standards.I realize I have a lot to learn. Maybe, just, maybe, the power of Myspace and text messaging will reform my appalling behavior. I know deep in my hearts of hearts that I can prevent the reoccurrence of this deplorable behavior. I can learn to transparently pretend to work in class. I can learn to loudly talk about my personal life instead of physics. I can be reformed. I will be reformed.

Oi ArtreriGreyjoy, I must say that find that lovely written piece of yours fantastically amusing and shockingly depressing.While you are using sarcasm in a brilliant way, it is all too true to be actually funny.I see similar things everyday in my classes.Pity that you didn't hand it in, it might, just might, open a few peoples eyes.For some reason I believe that if I show this to friends of mine, they'll guess I wrote it... :whistle:Thanks for sharing, have a :beer:P.S. Don't worry, we all are terrible people ]:->

It's young people like you who give me hope for the future.And I see why your English teacher loved the essay. ;)

ArtreriGreyjoy said:
Other students have told me that my silent reading disturbs their irrelevant conversations, so I suppose I must apologize to them as well.
yes, this behavior was wantonly negligent ;D

Top Bottom