I'm confused

+
Am i the only one that doesn't understand how people kept complaining, and even some supposedly sending threats, because CDPR kept delaying the game because it wasn't ready, so they release it to get everyone off their back, and now it's the company's fault the game is a little out of whack? I mean, that makes no sense, right?

Am i the only one that doesn't understand how people kept complaining, and even some supposedly sending threats, because CDPR kept delaying the game because it wasn't ready, so they release it to get everyone off their back, and now it's the company's fault the game is a little out of whack? I mean, that makes no sense, right?
they didnt release it to please the playerbase they released it unfinished to milk the xmas-buisiness - thats even more a reason why the rage is real.

Moxy3

Forum regular
You are either uninformed or you are one of those who blindly defend the company for something only they are to blame for.

Either of you care to back that up? Links to articles perhaps? I remember there being a lot of complaints every time the game was delayed, so, i'm just judging by what i saw back then compared to now where it's supposedly the company to blame. Are they completely absolved? No. But the fans aren't exactly blameless either.

Oh, I don't know who you're getting that info from, but I can tell you this is strange.

CDPR delayed the game a few times, and most of the core fanbase were OK with that. Yes, there were some people willing to play the game sooner, and more or less THREATS (as serious as "I'm leaving CDPR games / cancel my pre-order if you don't release the game by tomorrow morning blah blah blah"... LMAOLOL) but the company just stood still, telling us players that they'll release the game "when it's ready". That punchline was the mantra of the community for years, so people were quite aware that CDPR loved the Cyberpunk TTRPG franchise and they wanted to make a big, good game.

Never saw this phrase, never ? ------> WHEN IT'S READY

Furthermore, the last months of development. CDPR words : "The game is in a finished state, and we're delaying once more so we can polish it". Meaning that the game just needed tweaks and adjustments. This statement added coal to the hypetrain and pre-orders.

-----> NEED TIME POLISHING THE GAME

The true madness (and the true reason of players being mad at CDPR) became right after the release day.... Finally CP77 was out and there were lots of bugs, crashes, arrived in a poorly state on consoles.

OK just a side note about bugs on Day One: TOO MANY AAA GAMES are released with a truckload of bugs since the 2010's, Day One Patches, and so on... IIRC I think that CP77 even had a patch Day 0 or something (I remember I had quite a laugh at that).

But if you remember that previously they said that the game was "finished", and needed "polishing", you don't expect such a mess in the code, cut portions of the game, etc..., you don't expect the game to be in an unfinished state, sometimes even purely and simply unplayable in some platforms. So this explains one part of the biggest complains. Obviously people tend to take Santa Claus emotionally when you've been promised a super toy and you received a piece of torn plastic that don't look fun.

Secondly and finally, the other part of the biggest complains went from the game to not resemble to what had been advertised. "CP77 being a looter-shooter rather than an action-RPG". And for some it's not even a good game at all, even after bug fixing. Many people did make videos pointing out all the missed content and such. This results in people losing trust in the company, not buying further games from this company, etc.

Side note N°2 : I've seen just as many comments from both sides : people who are happy with the product, and never experienced a deadly bug in their runs since DAY ONE ; and other comments still complaining today and apparently struggling with the bugs, or how the game is different from advertised, etc. So for me subjectively, a 50/50 happy/angry customers is a fair guess.
Anyway it's bad to send threats to people. Don't do it kids ! :smart:

Hope it helped understanding the situation, correct me if I was wrong.

Either of you care to back that up? Links to articles perhaps? I remember there being a lot of complaints every time the game was delayed, so, i'm just judging by what i saw back then compared to now where it's supposedly the company to blame. Are they completely absolved? No. But the fans aren't exactly blameless either.
As I already took too long to reply, I can't search the info pal. Sorry...

Wow. Fairly detailed there, Babal. Not a complaint, mind you. I always thought of "when it's ready" as CDPR trying to say "Back off, we don't want to release an unfinished game" I agree that games these days seem to share a curse. Then again i'm old enough to remember when we had to wait a year or more for the next game, if one even came out, like mortal kombat to MK2, etc. We didn't complain, we just waited, patiently. That seems to be a chunk of the issue, between the investors wanting money ASAP, and gamers wanting their product now like spoiled brats, the games suffer.

"When it's ready" and "the game is finished, we are just bug-hunting". They've been bug-hunting since December. It's almost the end of April. It doesn't sound like "just bug-hunting finished game" to me.

Why i don't understand the complains :
- those who pre-ordered the games took a risk. Paying for a product before you even know exactly what it will be... (obviously, a salesperson will always say their product is great). We can not say that it is super wise, mostly if you do not accept the possibility that it does not suit you (I pre-ordered the game, I liked it, i'm lucky. The opposite also happened to me with other game...)
- those who bought the game day-one, there was the possibility of obtaining a minimum of information beforehand (stream, videos, ...).
- those who bought the game really after the release and who are complaining, I don't know what to say or think about it.
(obviously, it's just my opinion and my last post)

Yeah, i usually don't pre-order unless i'm sure i'll like it. Though i haven't done that in awhile. Personally i love the game, then again i got it just a few days before 1.2 hit. I guess remembering all the complaints about delays, somewhere in my mind i can't help think "You were rushing the company, and now you're complaining the game is buggy?" like, they kinda brought it on themselves. I apparently stand corrected, but it was just my thought at the time, hence why i sought clarification.

Why i don't understand the complains :
- those who pre-ordered the games took a risk. Paying for a product before you even know exactly what it will be... (obviously, a salesperson will always say their product is great). We can not say that it is super wise, mostly if you do not accept the possibility that it does not suit you (I pre-ordered the game, I liked it, i'm lucky. The opposite also happened to me with other game...)
- those who bought the game day-one, there was the possibility of obtaining a minimum of information beforehand (stream, videos, ...).
- those who bought the game really after the release and who are complaining, I don't know what to say or think about it.
(obviously, it's just my opinion and my last post)

You do realize that despite all of this, this game got reviews of 10... I mean.. 10...

Who in their honest mind as a journalist/reviewer can even give this game more then a 4 or 6? (due to the massive bugs, I am not even counting the cut content)

Or even the youtubers that were praising it in the release because they were the first ones to play, but then they were the same ppl that were for 2 months bashing daily on the game on their channels after saying it was the second coming of christ?...

Alot of ppl messed up with this game launch, but non of them were the gammers. So placing the blame on the gamers.. It's just so very very low.. Those are the ones paying to play..These ones that I mentioned are receiving money to say whatever the wind blows on that day..

Top Bottom