I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+

Ashii

Forum veteran
SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

EDIT: So after the sex scene with Judy, there's an option to enter a relationship with her. That's what I did. After the romance, I decided to continue my main quest with Rogue and Panam. While I was driving with Panam, she asked my FemV if she has anyone important. Additional dialogue option unlocked for me regarding Judy.
"Sort of". Sort of. That's it? SORT OF? "Sort of" option said: "Eh, on and off, to be honest", like, V, how the hell? She's literally in a relationship with Judy and that's what she says? That's a kick in the tits, honestly. It truly left me baffled.

Last edited:
Whole story of the game is half-assed.

1. Main protagonist is just a mule to carry Jhonny, who many times feel like main protagonist
2. Endings don't matter cause V dies anyway one way or another
3. Romance doesn't matter cause endings are fixed
4. Romance doesn't matter because other people don't react (as you showed) to your romance choice
5. There is no factions/reputation syste (Street Cred is joke) because you can murder all gang members left and right in Night City and nobody cares.
6. You can't be charming diplomat, witty merc or merciless black widow. Your dialogue options are illusions of choice, nothing changes.
7. World totally doesn't react to your Street Cred. It's only to get fancy car and mantis blades.
8. You can't even murder NPCs in quests. Would be nice to see at least that you screwed up quest and now everything goes to hell. ANY RESPOND to your actions from game apart from teleporting police.
10. Forcing Jhonny Silverhand on me is not nice. You can't even kill him in the end. You can't just say now. You can't betray him and go back to Corporation (even if you chosen Corp). GAME DOES NOT ALLOW ANY ROLEPLAYING AT ALL. Everything is fixed apart from last mission and few options to change ending (which all end the same for you anyway- you die).

Game as an RPG is one big joke.

Vejsa

Forum regular
Whole story of the game is half-assed.

1. Main protagonist is just a mule to carry Jhonny, who many times feel like main protagonist
2. Endings don't matter cause V dies anyway one way or another
3. Romance doesn't matter cause endings are fixed
4. Romance doesn't matter because other people don't react (as you showed) to your romance choice
5. There is no factions/reputation syste (Street Cred is joke) because you can murder all gang members left and right in Night City and nobody cares.
6. You can't be charming diplomat, witty merc or merciless black widow. Your dialogue options are illusions of choice, nothing changes.
7. World totally doesn't react to your Street Cred. It's only to get fancy car and mantis blades.
8. You can't even murder NPCs in quests. Would be nice to see at least that you screwed up quest and now everything goes to hell. ANY RESPOND to your actions from game apart from teleporting police.
10. Forcing Jhonny Silverhand on me is not nice. You can't even kill him in the end. You can't just say now. You can't betray him and go back to Corporation (even if you chosen Corp). GAME DOES NOT ALLOW ANY ROLEPLAYING AT ALL. Everything is fixed apart from last mission and few options to change ending (which all end the same for you anyway- you die).

Game as an RPG is one big joke.
So much is just wrong with this game and you nailed it. It hurts to read because I was excited for romancing Judy, being a lesbian myself. But it feels like she just forgets I exist as soon as I complete her quests. The endings are absolute shit and just poor writing, and it makes me wonder what all the developers were crunching for with a game this empty. Are they sure they released the latest version and not an alpha build lmfao?

I did River's romance, so I'm curious if there's a parallel to this:

After you romance River, in dialogue with both him and his sister, they both ask in different ways questions that boil down to "Do you want a life with River or was this a one time thing?" and the only answers you get are essentially "no" and "I'd like that but no promises"

Are the other romances similarly... noncommittal? Just made me think of how they removed RPG from all the official marketing. Kinda had "This isn't YOUR V, it's OUR Valerie" vibes.

So much is just wrong with this game and you nailed it. It hurts to read because I was excited for romancing Judy, being a lesbian myself. But it feels like she just forgets I exist as soon as I complete her quests. The endings are absolute shit and just poor writing, and it makes me wonder what all the developers were crunching for with a game this empty. Are they sure they released the latest version and not an alpha build lmfao?

They were crunching console to "work" at least since game is so badly optimized it probably didn't run at all in first place. Plus if you look at 2018- Jhonny was supposed to be only "childhood hero" of V. But then they probably REDONE WHOLE main story to make him more important and second main character because "Keanu Reaves will sell game better". 2 years before release. It's so stupid decision I can't even grasp it.... Makes you wonder what main story was supposed to be in 2018.

It's good game when you take out main story but it's really medicore one with main story. And absolute joke of "RPG" which got cut out to pretty much only leveling and skill system.

1 step foward, 5 steps back.

Ashii

Forum veteran
I did River's romance, so I'm curious if there's a parallel to this:

After you romance River, in dialogue with both him and his sister, they both ask in different ways questions that boil down to "Do you want a life with River or was this a one time thing?" and the only answers you get are essentially "no" and "I'd like that but no promises"

Are the other romances similarly... noncommittal? Just made me think of how they removed RPG from all the official marketing. Kinda had "This isn't YOUR V, it's OUR Valerie" vibes.

Judy eventually asks you if your night with her was just a one night stand or something more. You can definitely say that you want more, but apparently it doesn't mean shit in a situation I mentioned in my OP.

Vejsa

Forum regular
They were crunching console to "work" at least since game is so badly optimized it probably didn't run at all in first place. Plus if you look at 2018- Jhonny was supposed to be only "childhood hero" of V. But then they probably REDONE WHOLE main story to make him more important and second main character because "Keanu Reaves will sell game better". 2 years before release. It's so stupid decision I can't even grasp it.... Makes you wonder what main story was supposed to be in 2018.

It's good game when you take out main story but it's really medicore one with main story. And absolute joke of "RPG" which got cut out to pretty much only leveling and skill system.

1 step foward, 5 steps back.
Second main character? More like the main character. No matter what you do it's basically centred around him and it was a poor decision to write the story based around him. I know the chip is forced upon you but he should be optional to the story, not the story itself. We may as well have played Cyberpunk 2023.
Post automatically merged:

Judy eventually asks you if your night with her was just a one night stand or something more. You can definitely say that you want more, but apparently it doesn't mean shit in a situation I mentioned in my OP.
It means fuck all because you move in with her but can't use her apartment, can't have sex with her again, no more dialog with her is available. Honestly, I might not even bother with romancing if I played it again, except perhaps I may, as it might cheer me up because damn I love her smile.

Last edited:

Ashii

Forum veteran
Second main character? More like the main character. No matter what you do it's basically centred around him and it was a poor decision to write the story based around him. I know the chip is forced upon you but he should be optional to the story, not the story itself. We may as well have played Cyberpunk 2023.

It means fuck all because you move in with her but can't use her apartment, can't have sex with her again, no more dialog with her is available. Honestly, I might not even bother with romancing if I played it again, except perhaps I may, as it might cheer me up because damn I love her smile.

Yeah, that was a big disappointement. I thought I'd be able to use her apartment, sleep there and all, but nope. It means basically nothing. Not to mention, no new conversations even after main quests, NOTHING. Hell, even BioWare wasn't THAT lazy with their romances. And here I was hoping CDPR would do a better job. Joke's on me. Lesbian's can't have anything nice. Or scratch that, no one can have anything nice with lazy romances here.

Vejsa

Forum regular
Yeah, that was a big disappointement. I thought I'd be able to use her apartment, sleep there and all, but nope. It means basically nothing. Not to mention, no new conversations even after main quests, NOTHING. Hell, even BioWare wasn't THAT lazy with their romances. And here I was hoping CDPR would do a better job. Joke's on me. Lesbian's can't have anything nice. Or scratch that, no one can have anything nice with lazy romances here.
Yep. I'm only interested in Judy romantically in this game and from what I have heard of the other romances it's the same story. Romance may as well have not been in the game, heck it may as well have just been a mod later on down the line. It is such a lovely build up to 1 sex scene and then that's it. It annoys me so much.

The fact that you get an "Apartment" icon for their house and, at least for River, a text message that's basically the ingame way of saying "you can now sleep and store stuff at their house" makes the whole thing one of the more egregious examples of obviously cut content.

The fact that you get an "Apartment" icon for their house and, at least for River, a text message that's basically the ingame way of saying "you can now sleep and store stuff at their house" makes the whole thing one of the more egregious examples of obviously cut content.
Oh exactly! I spend about 10 minutes in Judy's apartment trying to find SOMETHING to do. ANYTHING. Wow, I can lean on a window and repeat the same 2 questions to her, fantastic. Not.

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.
Exactly. After spending 12 hours or so, and the flirting + interactions starting to get really interesting, good, and sweet. It ends abruptly after a sex scene? I expected a little more interaction or communication at least, not the sex scene to be the highlight. Felt a little empty after that, and just gaining another apartment. Even the dialogue right after that was rendered a little empty, having making a choice to be in a relationship, or not. What was the point really? There seems to be very little consequence in either choice, you already had sex and you can apparently only do it once anyway - It only adds to the ending but that doesn't matter so much. There needs to be more interaction after that point.

Spending that amount of time with a character, who just started to open up, flirt and become your "gf" - You would want to actually act on that part of story/game. I actually want to know more about the character, and do missions with her.

Exactly. After spending 12 hours or so, and the flirting + interactions starting to get really interesting, good, and sweet. It ends abruptly after a sex scene? I expected a little more interaction or communication at least, not the sex scene to be the highlight. Felt a little empty after that, and just gaining another apartment. Even the dialogue right after that was rendered a little empty, having making a choice to be in a relationship, or not. What was the point really? There seems to be very little consequence in either choice, you already had sex and you can apparently only do it once anyway - It only adds to the ending but that doesn't matter so much. There needs to be more interaction after that point.

Spending that amount of time with a character, who just started to open up, flirt and become your "gf" - You would want to actually act on that part of story/game. I actually want to know more about the character, and do missions with her.
Yeah, it's almost as if CDPR prematurely ejaculated when it came to the romances. They could've done so much more with them after the sex scene. Made it almost like a realistic romance. Where's the dates? The sex? The love? Why can I hire a "joytoy" time after time but Judy won't even give me the time of day anymore?

Yeah, it's almost as if CDPR prematurely ejaculated when it came to the romances. They could've done so much more with them after the sex scene. Made it almost like a realistic romance. Where's the dates? The sex? The love? Why can I hire a "joytoy" time after time but Judy won't even give me the time of day anymore?
Exactly, I thought I might be the only person until I came to the forum, luckily some posts are already available. I mean honestly she starts messaging you randomly, and takes you on an emotional adventure, you have sex...And that's it. Very anti-climactic part of the game, very disappointing. There's clearly an element of love missing from this, I actually felt like going to see Judy, because i was enjoying that aspect of the game, and to find out that the handful of dialogue lines was the end of it, was very disappointing. Hope they improve on that somehow.

Exactly, I thought I might be the only person until I came to the forum, luckily some posts are already available. I mean honestly she starts messaging you randomly, and takes you on an emotional adventure, you have sex...And that's it. Very anti-climactic part of the game, very disappointing. There's clearly an element of love missing from this, I actually felt like going to see Judy, because i was enjoying that aspect of the game, and to find out that the handful of dialogue lines was the end of it, was very disappointing. Hope they improve on that somehow.
Judy has to be one of my favorite characters in the game (mostly because she looks like someone I loved and lost, but also her character is great) and it's a shame they fuck her over at every turn and make her seem more like an object, a goal rather than a person you can romance.

Top Bottom