I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+
So, does anyone know what happens if I romance BOTH Judy and River?

Do I have to make a commitment at some point before the end of the game?

I feel like the way V interacts with them, she always leaves full commitment up in the air. Because of that, I ended up having sex with both partners, and told both of them something along the lines of "We'll see if it works". I really like both Judy and River. I couldn't say no to either one of them. I never felt so wanted in my life... Well, since I was in my mids 20s at least, but that's a long story lol. Seriously though, since V is portrayed as non-commital, I really didn't see a problem with burning the candle at both ends and keeping my options open. It's not like I was cheating on anyone, as going steady with either never seems to be that important to V, even though it might be important to Judy or River. I can kind of see why... V knows she's dying and is afraid of a full commitment. Still, I'd like to know if I made a mistake.

So, does it end up mattering at all?

I feel like the way V interacts with them, she always leaves full commitment up in the air. Because of that, I ended up having sex with both partners, and told both of them something along the lines of "We'll see if it works". I really like both Judy and River. I couldn't say no to either one of them. I never felt so wanted in my life... Well, since I was in my mids 20s at least, but that's a long story lol. Seriously though, since V is portrayed as non-commital, I really didn't see a problem with burning the candle at both ends and keeping my options open. It's not like I was cheating on anyone, as going steady with either never seems to be that important to V, even though it might be important to Judy or River. I can kind of see why... V knows she's dying and is afraid of a full commitment. Still, I'd like to know if I made a mistake.

I don't think it does and it depends on what your ending is. The ending I got though, whether I romance Judy as my only romance or not I believe she has the big part in the end. River from what I understand doesn't even show up at all even if he is the only one you romance.

I don't think it does and it depends on what your ending is. The ending I got though, whether I romance Judy as my only romance or not I believe she has the big part in the end. River from what I understand doesn't even show up at all even if he is the only one you romance.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sympathetic to the amount of work the developers need to to do to get the game where it needs to be playable for a lot of players. That said, I dont see how logistically it wouldn't be possible to just add more text messages ("What's new V? Anyone special in your life?") in between quest to give them options to either opt in/out of romance dialogue trees without needing to bring in voice actors. It saves an awkward moment for everyone, and players wouldn't feel as railroaded.

Its definitely not a total solve, but it's a quick fix while they need to focus on patching the game. This especially goes for River; he has 3 frickin' quest total and there is no build up in what would be a fine romance had it some breathing room coming off one of the darkest stories in the game.

I ma
So, after many hours of playing myself I romanced Judy, because she's adorable. I had a few issues with some aspects on the romance options myself. Here they go!

1.) Your Romance option feels unimportant. By this I mean, I romanced Judy, but had the option still to romance River without any form of consequence or risk at losing Judy. After all the moral compassed like decisions I had to make in Cyberpunk, this felt like I was assumed to walk into a Poly relationship.

2.) My romance partner seemed indifferent at the fact that with the ending I received she wasn't concerned I only had 6 months left to live.

Honestly I made a profile just so I could find a thread for other disappointed people, haha. The romances are handled so badly, I'm so let down right now. The build up to it and the actual sex/relationship thing was great (and thank you CDPR for such an awesome queer girl relationship scene) But oh surprise surprise, that's your lot. You're in a relationship and you've moved in but you can't use the apartment, you can't say anything new to Judy, you don't even so much as get a kiss. That's it, you barely even care about each other now. So much obviously cut content, and to have all that boil down to nothing as if a bit of sex was the grand prize is soooo disappointing. Even Dragon Age Inquisition which is ancient now, did it better than this. They made Judy such a good character, only to drop the ball by making everything after that so hollow. I did the dinner with River after locking into a relationship with Judy and it was SO AWKWARD. Glad I had the option to let him down but man, it felt like V was stringing him along for ages and I had no say in the matter. No option to say I was with someone or that my V is gay. It wasn't fun, sorry River :( And now I get nothing more with Judy at all? I mean come on now guys, I know this isn't a dating sim but the romance stuff isn't supposed to feel like a shallow mini game that you tacked on either. My husband feels the same after his romance with Panam so I know it's not just a Judy thing lol. I dunno, I just needed to vent somewhere because it's really starting to feel like they've ripped the guts and heart out of what was supposed to be a proper RPG, made it all about Silverhand and to hell with what we want or decide. I truly hope this is fixed in some dlc or something because otherwise I don't know if I'll bother with any more playthroughs. So much potential here, it's so frustrating. Ugh.

Its uplifting to see so many people being passionate about this subject and I couldn't agree more since its the single most rewarding thing to me in the entirety of the game but same as the opening post i felt deeply sad. Happy that i finally started my relationship with Judy but then left with no other way to show affection or love and interact past that point. And it wouldn't be half as devastating if her story and writing and character weren't so damn well executed, with the romance and intimacy immaculate in their artistic beauty and captivity. I don't know what people hope to get out of the Cyberpunk experience but for me this dark gritty city that ruins people inside and out faced with the contrast of a loving deep and intimate relationship with someone you can truly relate to is the most fulfilling bit of digital media I have ever enjoyed. Well up until you realize it stops at that point and your endeavors tru the city and story don't amount to any further progression or intimate love with the romance of choice.

Do you all remember that part with the doll in the clouds booth? That insanely intimate look at your deepest desires and that conversation on your fears, what would I give to have some more of that in the apartment she just allowed me to stay in at morning or evening in bed. Nothing would burn itself more into my heart and memories of this masterpiece.
And we should push for it to be reality and stay vocal. If these things aren't flashed out more and as the opening comments state don't have any real correlation or impact on other romances and dialogue to simply state "yes am taken and i damn love it", then how could we ever ask for more romance options? They would stay at the same place where the current ones are. And to give an example on how important this is, if you gave us just one more text message interaction with our romanced partner you would get us all to jump on it right away let alone more quests and intimacy.

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our lover. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and more of them would be a true love letter to us all.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

Do you all remember that part with the doll in the clouds booth? That insanely intimate look at your deepest desires and that conversation on your fears, what would I give to have some more of that in the apartment she just allowed me to stay in at morning or evening in bed. Nothing would burn itself more into my heart and memories of this masterpiece.
And we should push for it to be reality and stay vocal. If these things aren't flashed out more and as the opening comments state don't have any real correlation or impact on other romances and dialogue to simply state "yes am taken and i damn love it", then how could we ever ask for more romance options? They would stay at the same place where the current ones are. And to give an example on how important this is, if you gave us just one more text message interaction with our romanced partner you would get us all to jump on it right away let alone more quests and intimacy.

God, this. So much potential missed. You see interactions in the world and you wish you'd had them with Judy (ie, the rollercoaster thing with Johnny comes recently to my mind because i just did it). :giveup:

The shortcomings with romance--and the rest of the quests for that matter--are easier to reconcile if you understand that CDPR games exist as vehicles for their narrative vision. You're not in control, they are; the story is theirs. Dialogue options are just a minigame where you unlock a particular ending by punching in the right combination of choices. It's like a kids book where you open up a little flap to see the secret inside. "What does spot do? => Run". Roleplay and realism are not intended outcomes. Anything that doesn't contribue to their vision of the story is left by the wayside. This is why the immersion in this game is so shallow. The bare minimum to make the world work as a backdrop for the story is in place, nothing more.

You will have to pick one of them to call during the final mission...and the one you call is the one that will show up in the epilogue. You'd probably want to choose based on which ending you want...Judy has a bigger part to play with the Nomad ending, and River has a part with Rogue's ending. Personally, I went with Rogue's ending (and River) and it wasn't all that bad...all things considered.

Pretty disappointed with a lack of romance options, literally you have only one character you can romance based on your/your character sexuality. It would be better if devs at least made all 4 romanceable characters bisexual. Someone can say it is unnatural, since IRL people have their preferences, but c'mon, IRL you have a bit wider choice than be in relations with one special person or die virgin.

Also, that is pretty clear that female lovers (Panam and Judy) were written much better rather than male ones. The River romance is a worst. You can't even tell your love you are actually dying :LOL:
Understandable in some way since I believe most of the players are heterosexual males which choose Judy or Panam, but still as female I was a bit upset..

Yeah, that was a big disappointement. I thought I'd be able to use her apartment, sleep there and all, but nope. It means basically nothing. Not to mention, no new conversations even after main quests, NOTHING. Hell, even BioWare wasn't THAT lazy with their romances. And here I was hoping CDPR would do a better job. Joke's on me. Lesbian's can't have anything nice. Or scratch that, no one can have anything nice with lazy romances here.
Exactly - its even worse than you stated in original post as there is ZERO interaction and follow up.
Can't sleep there.
Cannot get her input on anything
Cannot have any meaningful conversations
No follow-up conversations about your condition with Johnny/dying
Not even a how are you feeling
What's it like having him in your head
NOTHING

Lazy, lazy, lazy rushed game about johnny silverhand.. not V
Post automatically merged:

So, after many hours of playing myself I romanced Judy, because she's adorable. I had a few issues with some aspects on the romance options myself. Here they go!

1.) Your Romance option feels unimportant. By this I mean, I romanced Judy, but had the option still to romance River without any form of consequence or risk at losing Judy. After all the moral compassed like decisions I had to make in Cyberpunk, this felt like I was assumed to walk into a Poly relationship.

2.) My romance partner seemed indifferent at the fact that with the ending I received she wasn't concerned I only had 6 months left to live.
In some endings they dump you......

Really? That's after we finish a romance with her? Then my game must be bugged, never got anything from Judy and I finished her romance pretty early in story.
It worse than that - she goes out with her girlfriends for drinks - and doesnt even invite you - maybe, just maybe V could use a night out, and maybe , just maybe, V wants to meet Judys friends and vice versa.

Nope - just a few stupid texts as to voice act them would cost money and time for a rushed game about johnny silverhand.

God, this. So much potential missed. You see interactions in the world and you wish you'd had them with Judy (ie, the rollercoaster thing with Johnny comes recently to my mind because i just did it). :giveup:

If they cared about V at ALL, and romances being more than one sex scene... the judy on roller coaster would be great..
but beyond that.. a simple date.. going out to a bar/restaurant with your SO (my preferred is judy)

taking judy to meet mama wells
going out to the nice bar where kerry does quest
letting SO meet lizzy wizzy

when asshat johnny takes over receiving a phone call from SO and seeing him hem and haw over how to respond

or even a response to when did you get THAT tattoo!!

Last edited:
SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

EDIT: So after the sex scene with Judy, there's an option to enter a relationship with her. That's what I did. After the romance, I decided to continue my main quest with Rogue and Panam. While I was driving with Panam, she asked my FemV if she has anyone important. Additional dialogue option unlocked for me regarding Judy.
"Sort of". Sort of. That's it? SORT OF? "Sort of" option said: "Eh, on and off, to be honest", like, V, how the hell? She's literally in a relationship with Judy and that's what she says? That's a kick in the tits, honestly. It truly left me baffled.

Terribly below standards smh

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

EDIT: So after the sex scene with Judy, there's an option to enter a relationship with her. That's what I did. After the romance, I decided to continue my main quest with Rogue and Panam. While I was driving with Panam, she asked my FemV if she has anyone important. Additional dialogue option unlocked for me regarding Judy.
"Sort of". Sort of. That's it? SORT OF? "Sort of" option said: "Eh, on and off, to be honest", like, V, how the hell? She's literally in a relationship with Judy and that's what she says? That's a kick in the tits, honestly. It truly left me baffled.

Having the relationships acknowledged would've definitely been nice if a person is committing to one.

Well, at least lesbians and straight male PCs get to spend important missions with their love interests, which is as good as it gets in this game.

Straight female and Gay male PCs don't get to have that with Kerry and River, who only get side quests, although at least River's romance is cute and nicely done, to be fair.

Kerry's romance is weird (you interact more with him as Johnny than as V), there does not seem to be any feelings between V and him and the quests leading to romance only trigger right before the point of no return. By the time the gay male PC finally gets to start the romance, he has rejected a fling with Meredith, been forced into two straight romances and a make up session with some chick through Johnny (one of the romances disturbingly explicit, given that it is forced on everyone) .

I mean, romance in the game is a mess in general, but if you want to role play a gay man, you are pretty much told to F off because you don't matter as a customer. So much for equal choices for everyone!

Well, at least lesbians and straight male PCs get to spend important missions with their love interests, which is as good as it gets in this game.

Straight female and Gay male PCs don't get to have that with Kerry and River, who only get side quests, although at least River's romance is cute and nicely done, to be fair.

Kerry's romance is weird (you interact more with him as Johnny than as V), there does not seem to be any feelings between V and him and the quests leading to romance only trigger right before the point of no return. By the time the gay male PC finally gets to start the romance, he has rejected a fling with Meredith, been forced into two straight romances and a make up session with some chick through Johnny (one of the romances disturbingly explicit, given that it is forced on everyone) .

I mean, romance in the game is a mess in general, but if you want to role play a gay man, you are pretty much told to F off because you don't matter as a customer. So much for equal choices for everyone!
How is Kerry like as a lover? How old is he? Johnny reaction? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yet another sign of this game being rushed when it should've come out 2 years later at least. They settled with the bare minimum indeed. And a game such as this should have been in development for as long as it takes

How is Kerry like as a lover? How old is he? Johnny reaction? :ROFLMAO:
Johnny: So you played Kerry's axe, huh? I hope that makes him finally f*cking stop thinking 'bout mine :coolstory:

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

Depends on which character you look at. Panam's is by no means a bare minimum, Judy's is close second and the guys... well there's a whole thread discussing why Kerry's and River's romances feel like a bare minimum.

As for the topic of this thread, in one of the streams, Pawel Sasko mentioned that the reason why V is able to date multiple people at the same time with no problems is an intentional design choice, which might be the reason why V can't say they're already in a relationship with someone else because V might be predetermined to be into polyamorous relationships. Without asking if their partners are cool with it. :/

Depends on which character you look at. Panam's is by no means a bare minimum, Judy's is close second and the guys... well there's a whole thread discussing why Kerry's and River's romances feel like a bare minimum.

As for the topic of this thread, in one of the streams, Pawel Sasko mentioned that the reason why V is able to date multiple people at the same time with no problems is an intentional design choice, which might be the reason why V can't say they're already in a relationship with someone else because V might be predetermined to be into polyamorous relationships. Without asking if their partners are cool with it. :/
Panam doest have an exclusive "romance quest" like Judy or River (dont know about Kerry, Female V) if im not mistaken.

Top Bottom