I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+
So there are actually romance in this game?

In my playtrought I had only a series of quest to f**k.
After that, no other options.

So can, one night stand, be considered a romance?
For god sake, I had more appointement with the Joytoy, that my romance :giveup:

What story? Sasko admitted they just forgot about this "detail", so adding it would change nothing in the story except giving the player more control of their V and their relationships, which is badly needed.
Post automatically merged:

"Nice couple" comment could give an opportunity for FemV to just say "I'm a lesbian, bye.". Or "I have a girlfriend". That would shut Joss up for sure. But water tower scene would need some changes, yeah. Valerie jumps there from being a lesbian to complete straight with her previous ex boyfriends/bad pickup lines ONLY from MEN.

Can't stand that whole dinner scene. It's just so damn bad and cringe.
The female V interaction with River is just so bad. I mean all the relationships fail on other levels but as to commiting to Judy then just blowing it off as nothing seemed really weird given the journey V and Judy had

So there are actually romance in this game?

In my playtrought I had only a series of quest to f**k.
After that, no other options.

So can, one night stand, be considered a romance?
For god sake, I had more appointement with the Joytoy, that my romance :giveup:

The female Joytoy in the Dark Matter is really affectionate.

Bioware managed to juggle these different situations with many more than four love interests in the same game...If you were in a relationship, other characters commented on it or you just got simply locked out of some scenes....
One of the few things EAware got right.

The female Joytoy in the Dark Matter is really affectionate.
She knows how to sell her business :coolstory:

The female V interaction with River is just so bad. I mean all the relationships fail on other levels but as to commiting to Judy then just blowing it off as nothing seemed really weird given the journey V and Judy had

It's so bad that he's just dead in my game at this point. Can't stand the guy at all and how V acts around him. Completely lobotomized.

Bioware managed to juggle these different situations with many more than four love interests in the same game...If you were in a relationship, other characters commented on it or you just got simply locked out of some scenes....

And your LI would get jealous/pissed if you cheated on them, too, or flirted with others. Honestly, one thing BioWare did right - relationships mattered there.

Guest 4412420

And your LI would get jealous/pissed if you cheated on them, too, or flirted with others. Honestly, one thing BioWare did right - relationships mattered there.
I can kind of understand why this isn't a thing in Cyberpunk. Bioware's games are party based and when everyone's social circle is the same, it's easy for them to notice the protagonist becoming closer with a different character. In Cyberpunk, all four love interests live wildly different lives, the people they associate with are different too. V being the sole exception, of course. They have no contact with each other, no way of knowing if V is seeing someone else, so V gets away consequences free.

The closest it gets to them being in the same vicinity that could have caused some tension is the Star ending for male V who romanced both Kerry and Panam but then picked Kerry at the end. In that case, Panam defaults to a friend so yeah...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can kind of understand why this isn't a thing in Cyberpunk. Bioware's games are party based and when everyone's social circle is the same, it's easy for them to notice the protagonist becoming closer with a different character. In Cyberpunk, all four love interests live wildly different lives, the people they associate with are different too. V being the sole exception, of course.

The closest it gets to them being in the same vicinity that could have caused some tension is the Star ending for male V who romanced both Kerry and Panam but then picked Kerry at the end. In that case, Panam defaults to a friend so yeah...
I gotta say this is so effing cool, unlike ME and other EAware titles in which all characters share jobs

I can kind of understand why this isn't a thing in Cyberpunk. Bioware's games are party based and when everyone's social circle is the same, it's easy for them to notice the protagonist becoming closer with a different character. In Cyberpunk, all four love interests live wildly different lives, the people they associate with are different too. V being the sole exception, of course. They have no contact with each other, no way of knowing if V is seeing someone else, so scumbag V gets away consequences free.

I don't know how it is with different romances, but with Judy and Val it was stated that it was way more than just one night stand. Even Val keeps referring to Judy as "my girl" and all that after the romance. Hell, Judy even tells V to move in together.

Guest 4412420

I don't know how it is with different romances, but with Judy and Val it was stated that it was way more than just one night stand. Even Val keeps referring to Judy as "my girl" and all that after the romance. Hell, Judy even tells V to move in together.
Kerry has no post-questline romance dialogue so I can't say anything about that. :giveup:

By my previous post I just meant that love interests finding out V is seeing someone else at the same time as them is much more difficult because none of them know each other. Romances in Cyberpunk do feel monogamous, because why the need to pick "the one" during the endings? Not to mention that every other romantic relationship showed in the game is strictly monogamous.

But to get back to the topic of this thread even then romances just exist in their own little bubbles, and it would be nice if V could share that they found some happiness in their otherwise depressing situation with their friends, or to simply tell they're taken.

Kerry has no post-questline romance dialogue so I can't say anything about that. :giveup:

By my previous post I just meant that love interests finding out V is seeing someone else at the same time as them is much more difficult because none of them know each other. Romances in Cyberpunk do feel monogamous, because why the need to pick "the one" during the endings? Not to mention that every other romantic relationship showed in the game is strictly monogamous.

But to get back to the topic of this thread even then romances just exist in their own little bubbles, and it would be nice if V could share that they found some happiness in their otherwise depressing situation with their friends, or to simply tell they're taken.
I'd love for some interactions between V's friends. That's one thing I loved in ME and DA. Companions interacted with each other. Of course it was easier to create scenes like that as these NPCs were always with us, but there are opportunity in CP for it as well. CDPR would just need to set certain milestones for them to trigger. Like, meeting and finishing Judy/Kerry's quests first and then one of them just hangs out in V's apartment with her/him and the other decided to just visit and scene would trigger.

... That would actually give us a reason to go back to the apartment. Hanging out with NPCs there would be nice and it would give opportunities for plenty of scenes between them. I mean, if BioWare managed to do that, then why CDPR can't? In both ME and DA companions CAN die, so BW had to count plenty of outcomes. And in CP there's... well, A LOT less.

Guest 4412420

... That would actually give us a reason to go back to the apartment.
Just to have an actual love interest visit V's apartment would be a massive improvement, but yeah, seeing them interact would be so fun. Cyberpunk has some incredibly well written characters and it's such a shame they're being underutilized.

I'd be happy with a single sidequest where V invites their friends someplace just to spend some time with all of them. We could see them interact with each other, maybe get a few texts afterwards implying that some of them are keeping in touch. It would probably simpler than multiple interactions that depends on certain prerequisites but it would still be something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom