I'm expecting more discussion about The Witcher IV

+
One of the best ways to deal with fubar is to distract people with a new shiny.

In the light of the Cyberpunk launch I'm expecting more discussion, earlier that would have been discussed, about The Witcher IV (even if it's 6 years away).

I hope I'm wrong and that Cyberpunk remains CDPRs PR focus for a good while, but I've just got this instinct.

Am I wrong? :rolleyes:

Note - I posted this in the Cyberpunk section because it relates to PR activity post Cyberpunk, my point wasn't actually about The Witcher IV but more about marketing behaviour in the wake of the Cyberpunk launch, but hey, if it needs to go here, then I guess it does. :sneaky:

Last edited:
It's impossible to say whether you are wrong or not but I think it's unlikely we'll hear about the next project anytime soon.

Pretty sure their current focus is stabilizing the situation with CP2077 and then it'll be the multiplayer/expansions. At least that's what I understood from what was revealed from the recent investors call.

If CDPR is smart, they'll release a lot of stuff for CP2077 in the coming months/years. While the game certainly has it's issues it also has tons of potential. Since they apparently already recouped the costs for the game it's all profit right now and they'll hopefully see the potential for a lot more.

Give some free content and sell some. The game can still get to where it needs to be to be the masterpiece most were expecting.

Yeah, i think your wrong tbh, i don't believe they will want to hide from this, they're not EA, 2k or Activision that can redirect consumer attention away with a new shiny, as far as im aware they have 2 IP, both of which were/are highly regarded and anticipated, making CP2077 into a game everyone enjoys will do better for the CP name if a sequel comes about, ignore it and ppl wont bother and possibly hurt further Witcher projects.

CP2077 will be have CDPR's nigh full attention for a good time yet i have no doubt

Won't happen anytime soon. They are no under fire from their customers. Their image as the "good guys" got heavily damaged and they won't get the goodwill they got with Cyberpunk with the next Witcher game before they make the Cyberpunk into the game they promised. That's what they need to focus on. Well...assuming they actually work on fixing the game and adding promised content instead of censoring existing one.

I'm waiting for the Witcher 4 very much... I missed Geralt, Triss, and Yennefer a lot... I want to see Geralt's old friends and a new story about him. The main characters definitely need to be left in the new part.
The game is a masterpiece. The Witcher 3 is the best game in the last 10 years.

I think CDPR is big enough to keep focussed on CP2077 for now whilst starting the writing process for (hopefully) a new Witcher game.

Top Bottom