I'm in love with Bloodcurdling Roar!!

+
I'm in love with Bloodcurdling Roar!!

I'm playing an almost basic Scoia'tael deck, but I have two of this and I'm finding it very interesting. That lovely bear loves to eat Cow Carcasses, disloyal units, and low strenght units. I've never played medics, but I think that maybe, being low strength, they are a suitable snack too.

I'm thinking about strategies constructed around this card. Any ideas?

I like it too.
That thing works well in SK decks as well. Using it on doomed 1 str units (medics), annoying units like the blue whale and cow carcasses, denying the return/replay of spies for NG decks if no cow carcass around, and yo ucan even resurrect the bear, which since he's 12 str is a very decent play.
And also a funny interaction that made me win a game once : Since the targeted unit is simply destroyed and not banished, if you use it on Morkvarg, he will come back with 3 less str and that will still spawn a 12str bear out of thin air (!). I found myself with 2 of those cards at round 3 and no unit except morkvarg who stayed on the board, I spawned 2 bears out of nowhere for two 9 str moves. That was funny as hell.
You can also use that to replay a card that you need to play again this round, you destroy it yourself and resurrect it afterwards.

This adds so much potential, and bears are really fitting with SK decks as lore anyway, so that's a nice new spell we got here, very original and fun with lot of depth in its use, I love it.

Last edited:
I think Bloodcurdling Roar should banish the unit it distroys, because i had a game versus skellige when it was used on Morkwarg who resurects instantly...

i locked morkwarg in round 2, oponent used Gremist this to kill it with the bear then resurected it. not fair :(

Pruny;n8650300 said:
I think Bloodcurdling Roar should banish the unit it distroys, because i had a game versus skellige when it was used on Morkwarg who resurects instantly...

Why does everyone instantly want combos nerfed? Do you want a game of individual cards that don't interact in any way?

Synergy is what makes games fun.

IMHO every deck should have at least one way to get rid of an unwelcome "ally". Roar is a fine addition because worse comes to worse it is still usually an upgrade of one of your existing units.

oh, look, people crying for nerfs again, because one play counters another play. This has always been the case with Gwent. Back in TW3 you pretty much had to play decoy in every deck, scorch and borkh were very real threats to keep in mind, and nothing's changed in that regard. if you don't run answers to weather, you can get wrecked by it. Cows are relevant right now, so having a way to dodge them, or protect your units is just like playing around scorch in the old days.

This card is completly unbalance it needs to become silver or make it unable to consume silver cards.

It can coverted any unit to a bear with 12 strength, making the entire spying gameplay worthless especially nilfguard with it you can prevent any carcass attacks, fake siri(silver)

It can covert low health units that were locked to a 12 strength unit as well, it basically makes locking units less attractive which should be how you stop this attacks.

This is basically an OP lock unit

Solution:

- Make it silver, even if it means increasing the strenght of the bear

or

- Keep it bronze make it unable to consume silvers only bronze and spawn a bear with double strength of unit it consumed.

Are you serious? There's one (bronze) counter to (bronze) spies! Let's nerf it because NG is not at all OP in the first place. We need counters to spies. It's a nice card. 12 may be a bit strong, but it's definitely not unbalanced as it usually turns a bronze (<8) str into a 12 str card so it gives 12 points out of 2 cards. It only becomes strong when the transformed card comes from the opponent or from a batch (as Zoltan's birds mentioned above). That' is very situational, so no, it's not OP, and it would really be a waste of a silver slot if it was silver.

Top Bottom