I'm lokking for a people to create a crew

+
I'm lokking for a people to create a crew

Hi all,
as the topic says, I'm searching for a people, who want to be the part of team to create a mod for Witcher 2. I have an idea for a new adventure for a Geralt, and I started creating a new world in REDkit. But you know, there is a bigger chance to end procces of creating mod, if you have a team. I need level and quest designers. If you can do new meshes in 3ds max or in something like that, you are welcomed too! In priv message I'll say more about my project. There you can see first screens:

http://imgur.com/a/PxDo7

Hi all! I would like to announce, that I'm still looking for a people! Mod is still getting bigger and bigger ;) But I need more people to end it in this century :) I'm looking for a people who can create levels in RedKIT or create new assets in editors like 3ds Max, Maya or Blender etc. Also I would like to find some people, who can draw concept arts.

Here is new screenshot that was taken in one of already created locations:

Hello,
maybe Stolarro forgot to answer the last question, so I am going to answer for him. Yes It is still in progress. The linked screens are very old. So here is a new screenshot of a region which still is in development.

Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
Nemomallo;n9235011 said:
http://imgur.com/a/2mi2v
Wow.
Do you use some sharpening filter ?
All looks more detailed than in witcher 2. Have you set better texture resolution ?
These houses also seem to have better LODs, is that so ?

Hey,
sorry to tell you but I don't know. I think we are just using the normal stuff the REDKit provides.I just made a screenshot with the highest settings I got offered by the REDKit. Regarding LODs I must say, that three of the houses, which you can see in the background, are imported from The Witcher 3. I've probably set the LOD 1 distance to high, but they do not have better LODs. The Meshes are in comparison to some of the original buildings maybe a little bit more complex. The house on the left is a new house created from scratch and the house on the right is one of the Flotsam town houses.
Talking about texture size some textures of The Witcher 2 are even bigger than the textures of the third game, but naturally the project uses the imported textures from the third game.
When we talk about details,you must keep in mind, that The Witcher 2 uses more assets from the first game. Also they've improved some models and textures in each game, so does using assets form the third game make it more detailed? Sometimes yes sometimes no! I can see no big differences between the basic game (The Witcher 2) on highest settings and this screenshot. But thank you for your attention and questions.
Greetings Nemo

Hello,

I want to share this screenshot with you, we still could use some help especially quests and really boring things like place and vertex edit denied areas. If you want to share your ideas about a REDKit project, we don't mind :D.

Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
Sorry for replying my post by myself. Just wanted to say, that You should probably better send a private message to me first if you want to work on his project. The initiator has been not so active lately.

Hello @everyone,
the last post was last year. For several reasons I did not update this. I am currently the last one working on that mod and my progress is very very slow right now, because I do not spend so much time moding anymore. If you want to help you're wellcome! There is still much to be done especially optimizing ( folder structure and occluders) and quests.

I was also thinking about sharing the level files if you're interested in the level (work in progress and messy non optimized and big) write a pm to me.

Even if it will get not released I want to share some screenshots with you which I like very much.

Here you see an interior of a quest related house

The following screenshots have been taken from an elven ruin site

You can see some statues and stuff imported form The Witcher 3 and some customized and reimported meshes form the second game.
The door is closed by a barrier which can be opened finding a crystal and placing it into a holder.

After you place the crystal in the right position the barrier fades and you can enter. The crystal glows in flickering red light and enlightens the area a little bit. In the back you can see the hall.

The main hall of the underground ruins is waiting with some kind of surprise for the player. Maybe there will be some riddles maybe an epic fight? The floor is based on the floor in the Witcher 2 elven ruins but made by myself. There is some ground fog and the braziers are burning with green flames.

In all screenshots you can see that I tried to use decals on the ground and the walls and added some rubble and fog to make it look more pretty. I think so far I've worked on this particular area for 1 month. The design of this are is finsihed the only thing to add will be quest related content.

Every comment is wellcome even if you just like ( or dislike) the screenshots.

Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I find those pictures to be beautiful. You seem to have real talent with making maps. :)

Hey @Nemomallo ! You have mentioned in a comment back in 2019 that you were thinking of sharing the level files. Do you, per chance, still have them? And will you be willing to share them?

Hi @Dwhyx
You are kind of lucky that I read this considering long inactivity. I still have them, I can share them. I think it would be ok. Nobody ever complained about the post that I made in two years, so I would consider it ok. But you should not share or upload it somewhere else and credit if you ever publish a project based on some of the data I shared with the names of Stolarro94, Blafflamm, Nemomallo and the HalkHoganPL ( for certain files). I can write the details in a private message.
Also be aware that it is a mess and will take some time to sort all the files I have to provide and that file size is around 1.7 GB. I do not know if I can upload it as one upload or you have to download it step by step.

Last edited:
Top Bottom