I'm seriously shocked. (Spoiler)

+
Yeah. The way they ignore T-Bug. I was expect her to either work for Arasaka. And was gonna screw you no matter what. Or we find her with Panam, or something.

In a way, I hope her to be "soulkillered" like "V" later...and if they - against all better knowledge at the moment, decide to do post main story content with "V", that could make for a nice way to have them both return ... not keeping my hopes up though...

I sincerely believe that originally there was a lot more content planned for V and Jackie but cut short into the small cutscene currently in the game.

A tragic sense of loss is built into the storyline.

Not to mention how cheap life is in NC.

I think they did a good job of honoring the memory of Jack with the funeral missions - if you chose to do them.

If we each get a vote to keep Jack alive or let him pass peacefully, I'd say let him go.

It helps the story progress and enforces the idea that everything comes with a price.

-w

So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.

I don´t think they cut the Story that much. This is the Way the Cyberpunk Genre works. Live is short and a single live matters nothing. There is a simple rule for Edgerunners aiming for Major League: Either you cut it or you die. Or like 50 Cent prefered to frame it "Get rich or die tryin´"
Jackie, TBug and V didn´t cut it. The Heist Job was way out of their league from the beginning. And thats exactly why Dex had choosen them for it: They are nothing but " disclaimable Assets". There is no Room for a Fairy Tale Happy Ending in a World like Cyberpunk. Mess with a MegaCorp and you end up in a World of shit.
I think CDPR did a great job in depicting the dystopian World of the Cyberpunk Genre

The prolog does feel a bit rushed / short not the fact that Jackie dies. I think one more quality mission in between The Pickup and The Heist with Jackie would have solved a lot of problems in getting attached to that character more before offing him off.

Maybe something where you would have to help him tie a loose end from his past with the Valentinos and Maelstrom in lue of what Jackie did for you in that he helped you (V) out in NC.

So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.

I have no idea if this is true. But I've read the following claim many times now. That what fucked everything up was Keanu getting the role of Silverhand. Because of bad judgement in the management wanting more Keanu, the rest of the game suffered. Lots of workload was put into integrating him more into the game. So devs had to backtrack and work a lot on that, instead of making the game better, longer and more focused on V. Which also further ruined things in watering down V for the sake of more Silverhand. Again - if this is actually true or not I have no idea.

Ever thought about he might will come back in a DLC? ;) - maybe in a similar manner as Silverhand?

My first playthrough it was more of a "Sorry, you seemed cool - but I hardly knew yah."

I had avoided all spoilers and things in the lead up over the last two years.

After my third funeral for Jackie though - I realised that I was starting to get quite impacted by it - and now demand more Jackie and T-Bug in the early game before we pull the proverbial trigger on them - and dammit - I want a decent farewell to T-Bug rather than a throwaway line with a merchant.

How about that in the marketing Jackie looks more like Justin Timberlake but then in the game he's thicc?

Wait are you calling Jackie fat? o_O To me it's all muscle I mean it's even said that he enjoy his exercise...
I'm seriously going to have to look up this 'thicc' I generally have no idea what it means.

Also, Justin Timberlake? Are we talking about the same person here? Urgh....

I'll have you know Jackie is handsome, has a lovely body and is loyal, stable in his affections. :love:

Wait are you calling Jackie fat? o_O

Also, Justin Timberlake? Are we talking about the same person here? Urgh....

There is no debating that the body type presented in marketing is not the same as the Jackie thats in the game.. not that I care much anyway.. I mean at least Keanu looks like Keanu more or less.

I guess it depends on taste but I don't think being thicc is a negative. Maybe swole would be better . In the game Jackie looks nothing like Justin Timberlake.

It'd be hilarious though if instead of Keanu it was Timberlake .. lol

My first playthrough it was more of a "Sorry, you seemed cool - but I hardly knew yah."

I had avoided all spoilers and things in the lead up over the last two years.

After my third funeral for Jackie though - I realised that I was starting to get quite impacted by it - and now demand more Jackie and T-Bug in the early game before we pull the proverbial trigger on them - and dammit - I want a decent farewell to T-Bug rather than a throwaway line with a merchant.

I feel the same way. I didn't really care too deeply during the ride back to Dex. However, visiting his garage and getting an introspection into who he was and how his death affected Misty (and everyone else) was really moving.

It's life, good people die.

Life is cheap in Night City even if I do agree that too many characters were popped too quickly.

We needed a couple of more missions with Jackie.

Mind you, people complaining about Meredith Stout have me go, "Why did you think she was a major character?"

I feel the same way. I didn't really care too deeply during the ride back to Dex. However, visiting his garage and getting an introspection into who he was and how his death affected Misty (and everyone else) was really moving.

Yep - it kills me.

The way Misty looks back at the table when you leave is just some amazing animation work. The details they've put into her eyes and facial expressions are like getting punched in the gut.

I was also a bit sad that they killed the lady with blue hair (see? I even forgot her name! :D)
I mean she wasn't a main character, but I surely would enjoy her being in the story for a bit longer alomg with Jackie & Tbug

Agreed.

If they do Cyberpunk Online, I hope she'll have a much bigger role in a prequel.

Top Bottom