I'm seriously shocked. (Spoiler)

+
THw problem is not that the dies fast, it's that you don't get to play out at least part of the becoming frinedns and partners bit. INstead it is shown in a mashup video, it feels hollow. I felt nothing about jacky thanks to this, I couldn't care less when he died. For me he was just an NPC I met 30 minutes ago, despite of what the game says.

Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over.

Quite the opposite.
It's all as it should be, almost too perfect in terms of drama construction.

This is the dramatic first act, that gets you set up in the situation, and emotionally involved.

So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.

Yes, I think this was lazy story writing.

You get a big emotional hit from the fact that Jackie doesn't make it, and the funeral, and I get that. But actually I think being able to save Jackie and T-Bug in The Heist – even if it were really difficult to do – would make for better, richer story, and they'd have been interesting companions to have on other quests later, too. And if you couldn't meet Mama Welles and her friends at Jackie's funeral, well, hey, maybe in the alternative path you could meet them at Jackie and Misty's engagement party.

Jackie is an interesting character, and you do invest some effort into him because he's the first companion you get to do a gig with (actually two gigs). Other people have suggested it would have been nice to have had other gigs between the Prologue and The Heist, while you're building your reputation, and I can see that too.

But really I'm waiting to see what modding tools they give us; if it's the full RedKit, which I hope it will be, then there's scope for us to build some additional Jackie and/or T-Bug gigs which can at least notionally fit in the missing six months in the timeline (I'd also like to have blue-hair-dancing-girl as an actual character in the story somewhere).
Post automatically merged:

His death is not a problem. The lack of time on him is. I was really shocked there was no mission that involved Misty. No, you guys stole something from us. Misty's shop gets torn up. Even involve Vik. Who's a former boxer. They get captured. Something to add in developing attachments to Jackie.
The tarot cards are a sort-of quest sort-of involving Misty. But yes, I agree. And your idea for more quests involving Viktor Vektor also appeals to me – he's a woefully under-used character, 'the only person in Night City who's actually happy'.

I'm only annoyed by the fact there's no way to potentially save him, as I spent over an hour reloading to save point to do it 100% stealth and no matter what, second we get to the garage EVEYRONE GOT GUNS OUT AND KNOWS WE'RE HERE. I was hoping we'd be able to save him and Jackie realizes the major leagues aren't worth it if he's dead so he become a Fixer, possibly even replacing Dex.

second we get to the garage EVEYRONE GOT GUNS OUT AND KNOWS WE'RE HERE.
If you sneak, the guys don't know that you are here, until you attack them or jump into the Delamain. They attack Delamain at this moment.
You could wait near the elevator few minutes without being detected ;)

The only thing who change in stealth, it's that you don't have to fight the "big robot" in the large entrance hall. Anyway, Jackie is fatally injured by the "flying robot" when you jump from the penthouse :(

Last edited:
The game is incredibly linear, I wouldn't expect to be able to change anything that the plot dictates.

I think Brick and Takemura are the only people you can save in this game.

The only thing who change in stealth, it's that you don't have to fight the "big robot" in the large entrance hall. Anyway, Jackie is fatally injured by the "flying robot" when you jump from the penthouse :(
I know where he was injured but I know if we weren't being chased down by everyone and their mother after we got in del (which is what I was referring to in the section of the message you quoted) I think medical attention would have been rendered possibly in time. especially as being jostled around isn't good fro an open bullet wound

I know where he was injured but I know if we weren't being chased down by everyone and their mother after we got in del (which is what I was referring to in the section of the message you quoted) I think medical attention would have been rendered possibly in time. especially as being jostled around isn't good fro an open bullet wound
Yep, I have also try in my second playthrough ;)
(first time, nope, I was thinking that stealth in the Konpeki was really impossible, for me at least...
But I say myself that sadly, he have to die for give the Relic to V... And anyway, even with going to a ripperdoc, he would die before arriving :(

I think Brick and Takemura are the only people you can save in this game.
River ?
Randy ?
Samson ?
Sandra Dorset (I think) ?
Oda (if "saving" can be considered as "not killing") ?
Smasher (the same as Oda) ?
Blue moon ?
Barry?
I also could add Hanako in function of the ending (she's alive only in the Devil) and in the same way, hellman who probably have the same fate as Hanako

Last edited:
River ?
Randy ?
Samson ?
Sandra Dorset (I think) ?
Oda (if "saving" can be considered as "not killing") ?
Smasher (the same as Oda) ?
Blue moon ?
Barry?
The only people where its optional (not dictated by plot or the main objective of a quest). Also I'm making a somewhat arbitrary distinction between saving people and not getting people killed. There are lots more people who you can get killed or not.
Saul, Rouge, the clouds people, that guy who wants to be crucified, ...
Post automatically merged:

Also
I'm including V as non-saveable

I was pissed about it tbh j would of loved something to save him and change the outcomes

Top Bottom